It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communion after Divorce and Remarry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dmonkey

No, you are NOT going to "Hell" for this. Hell, as the Catholic Church teaches, does NOT exist. See my thread I just posted a few hours ago, www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you are still a believer in Christ, and you still love God and love Man, you are still promised eternal life in Paradise.

God does not break his promises

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dmonkey

Dear dmonkey,

You do not know how broken my heart is today, you cannot understand how fallen I am, my love died the day before my birthday last year, during winter. I have no hope of better, it is not going to happen. You have hope of better and that is a lot.

It has taken everything i have to not be insecure and he assures me that he will never leave and he too says till death so i think this time i have the right person. sometimes i think he doesn't listen or isn't paying attention and he will surprise me. he supports me but also leaves me to stand on my own and not depend on him for everything. it has taken about a dozen breakups the first two years but he is the air that i breathe. i feel really incomplete without him and i think he might be realizing that i am going to stick around. at least i hope so.

The mistake I made with my ex-wife was that I didn't make her stand on her own, I always made her problems go away. We can be overprotective and it is a hard line to read. Let the issue in your life be "who are you right for and who is right for you", not whether or not you have made mistakes along the way. If I may make a suggestion, take the person you are with to "Marriage Encounter", they have these weekend retreats where you really get to know your significant other. Knowing our partner on the deepest level is how we choose which is our one; but, it only works if they choose to allow themselves to be know as deeply. Peace and happy Valentines day.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dmonkey

Perhaps This might help your question...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Read your bible. The bible is the word of God. It is how he talks to us. If you pray, and ask God to help you to understand what he is telling you, just as a child would a parent, He will help. While a lot of people here can offer suggestions and advice, it is no substitution for personal study. Forget study guides, prophecy books, etc. All those are is somebodies interpretation of what you should be reading. There are NO cliff notes for the Bible. If you want God to help you understand his word, you have to trust him to tell you. His spirit will guide you, helping you to discern the truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

awe. happy valentines day to you, too. i can tell you miss her greatly.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dmonkey

Dear dmonkey,

Thank you for your kind thoughts, I must be clear about something, the love of my life that died was not my ex-wife. In fact, it was someone I grew up with and was separated from. My ex-wife is quite healthy and I forgave her a number of years ago. Peace.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

yes i understood that earlier. you can't change the way you feel, who you love and i know you can love more than one person in many different ways and capacities. people grow and change.

it reminds me of a story told by Joel Olstean. there was a company that hauled cod in trailers on long distance. the cod started dying on the trip and someone got the idea to add a catfish to the tank. that catfish was a natural predator of the cod and so the fish would run around the tank to get away and in turn this helped them stay fresh for the journey. my spouse, is my catfish. he keeps things going. he keeps life interesting. he keeps me from stressing and he enjoys life to the fullest every day. i tend to take things too seriously and stress out. he keeps me going and if you would have asked me years ago i would have never thought that my life would be as it is now.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dmonkey

Dear dmonkey,

I had to take some time to respond. She happened to be an avid follower of Joel Olstean, I was not very familiar with him and only watch 12 hours of television a year. As for loving her, yes, I will always miss her. She understood and loved me and treated my heart as if it was the most important thing in the world and we grew up together. We both were successful in our chosen careers and pursued our dreams. She died the day before my birthday last year, I found out a day after they buried her. I look around me and just don't know. I am in my 50s and cannot imagine finding one that will love me as she did. For my part, I have never loved anyone as much as I did her, she knew what love was and never married. The most powerful memory in my life was the memory of her the night I had to say goodbye. It is good to remember her on Valentine's and I hope you are your husband enjoyed your time together today. Peace and best wishes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join