It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PPP Polls Michigan: Ron Paul leads FIRST PLACE by 8 points with 18-45 age bracket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Even MORE proof that the SENIORS are killin us with their tendency to NOT be on the internet, receiving their news alternatively. It isn't their fault though...technology can be a shocker for many just not used to it.

Michigan Voters 18-45 yrs old in PPP poll:

Paul 30%
Santorum 22%
Romney 20%
Gingrich 9%

Guess what? As the age goes up, Ron Paul goes down (7% to age 65+) and Santorum/Romney skyrocket to the mid 30's each for the 65+ age range, it drops dramatically when you start averaging in the older voters for the overall results

Santorum 39
Romney 24
Paul 12

ACTUAL stats are about the 10th page from the bottom.
www.publicpolicypolling.com...

So much for those that say Ron Paul gets rejected by America...the FUTURE (whom are more aware of the world and current events thanks to the internet) of America WANT RON PAUL and most on the INTERNET agree. Not just anti-war, pot-smoking, tin-foil hat hippies like so many love to claim, even those in their 30's and 40's MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS prefer RON PAUL.

edit on 13-2-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Oh Michigan, you so crazy.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Reminds me of my grandma............Even bill maher tonight didnt even mention Ron Paul....but he did slam the other 3,,,but not obama............MARCH ON FEB.20 FROM WASHINGTON MONUMENT TO WHITE HOUSE.....via adam kokesh

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My biggest arguments regarding Ron Paul have been with the older crowd....especially those who are ex-military and who've endured too many decades of brainwashing by the MSM and the military to see what is really happening here. It matters not how intelligent they are.....their beliefs are firmly set and they still subscribe to blind loyalty toward our government. Yet, they refuse to acknowledge the truth that can't be denied....our new generation of war vets are singing a different tune about this country and the path it's on. THEY have been in these recent wars and they have witnessed first hand the truth about what is happening. The older vets and ex-military people wish to live in denial about this. They prefer to attack the vets of today and call them a disgrace to the U.S. military as if they are cowards. It is truly sick....and I witness this regularly.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The media does a fantastic job at installing ideas in the minds of the weak.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So what is it that old people remember about Ron Paul? He's been around a long time.It can't be just because of the internet.I bet it more than likely a bunch of shut ins watching faux news.All old people I know just want quiet and not so much complaining.,the whole I'm this old and I know more than anyone about everything because the killed a dinosaur or something.It could be just Old women voting for who they think is the hottest.This is American politics we are talking about.When I speak and hear stuff from older folks it's always about the magical past when everything was so much better.I've been on this Earth for 36 years and nothing was better,Just a bunch of quick good times and long drawn out bad times. Another thing is Grandchildren living with them.Whom every gets rid of them first so they can support themselves no matter the fairy tail they will vote for.If Ron Paul mentioned jobs every 15th word there wouldn't be this situation.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Why not post all the results and not just the ONE category that Ron Paul did well in???

Q9 If the Republican candidates for President were Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and Rick Santorum, who would you vote for?
Rick Santorum................................................ 39%
Mitt Romney.................................................... 24%
Ron Paul ......................................................... 12%
Newt Gingrich ................................................. 11%
Someone else/Not sure .................................. 13%

But hey...maybe he is people's second choice???

Q11 Who is your second choice for President?
Newt Gingrich ................................................. 18%
Ron Paul ......................................................... 10%
Mitt Romney.................................................... 17%
Rick Santorum................................................ 18%
Someone else/Not sure .................................. 37%

Nope...guess not.

But surely...if Newt dropped out...Ron Paul would do better...right???

If the Republican candidates for President were just Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and Rick Santorum, who would you vote for?
Ron Paul ......................................................... 13%
Mitt Romney.................................................... 27%
Rick Santorum................................................ 48%
Not sure .......................................................... 12%

Wow...he gained a whole 1%.

But Ron Paul is more favorable than all the others...right?

Paul Favorability
Favorable.............32%
Unfavorable...........51%
Not sure...............17%

edit on 13-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The bad news is by the time they start voting they will have families, morgages, retirement funds etc, and will have a completely different view on what they want. Right now they do not care enough to even bother to get the names of all the candidates much less go out and vote for one of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
The bad news is by the time they start voting they will have families, morgages, retirement funds etc, and will have a completely different view on what they want. Right now they do not care enough to even bother to get the names of all the candidates much less go out and vote for one of them.

Very true.

All the old hippies are now voting against everything they protested against.

People grow up and their thinking evolves.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Uhhhh, this thread is about voting brackets of AGE.

Did you even bother to read the OP, it explains it very well so you posting the rest of those stats mean nothing if we're talking about the DIFFERENCE between the 18-45 age bracket and the 50+ age bracket.

You continue to prove me right that you're extremely terrified that Ron Paul would unseat Obama in a general.

edit on 13-2-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I think it's important for people to see other parts of the poll to get a better understanding of what you are trying to do...which is cherry pick.

Here is another important piece of the poll.

Q19 If you are 18 to 45 years old, press 1. If 46 to 65, press 2. If you are older than 65, press 3.
18 to 45........................................................... 26%
46 to 65........................................................... 49%
Older than 65.................................................. 25%

So Paul got 30% of 26% of the participants...which is 7.8% of the entire population.

Yes...we can clearly see that Ron Paul is dominating.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm only CONFIRMING what past polls have told us about Ron's support with the 18-45 age bracket yet you want to claim I'm cherry picking.

I've always been saying this same thing in the past, everybody here knows it and you know it.

I think you're sour because you're going to be doing tons of apologizing when its Obama's turn in the spotlight.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

And this is exactly why Paul is losing. In almost every state he has carried the 18-29 demographic. Unfortunately for Paul its considered a big turnout for this demographic if they account for 10% of the voters in a primary. So there may be people out there who actually agree with Paul they just don't care enough to actually vote.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

I'm only CONFIRMING what past polls have told us about Ron's support with the 18-45 age bracket yet you want to claim I'm cherry picking.

I've always been saying this same thing in the past, everybody here knows it and you know it.

I think you're sour because you're going to be doing tons of apologizing when its Obama's turn in the spotlight.

Everyone already knows that Paul carries the young vote...why make an entire thread on it.

Unless you are trying to inflate his support yet again.

Just keeping Paul supporters honest.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

thanks for agreeing with me, I know it is hard for you to admit fault.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
All the old hippies are now voting against everything they protested against.

Well, no. That's overgeneralizing to assign blame.

If you check the Audubon volunteers (I'm among them) and other conservation volunteers you'll find that a lot of us are hippies and we do vote environmental and pro-choice issues, just as we always did. We protested Bush's targeting Saddam and other military maneuvers.

I recall doing that in the 60's and 70's, along with a lot of my friends.

You may be confusing the hippies with the baby boomers. They do tend to be conservatives and vote along current conservative lines. I should know -- I've got a whole bunch of college classmates who were baby boomers but (unlike me) were NOT hippies.

"Hippie" seems to have become sort of a put-down term for anyone who's older who doesn't vote as you prefer. But there's a LOT of differences between hippies and Baby Boomers. I know you enjoy learning new things -- perhaps you'd enjoy learning more about what we hippies are still voting for and what activism we're involved with.

It's really all over the map, truth to be told.

new topics

top topics

join