It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heading to the lion's den. Wish me luck at the precinct...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ok, so I am exaggerating the title.

I am only going downtown to retrieve some stolen property and to swear out a warrant for someone's arrest...

But none the less, I [snip] HATE going to the station each and every time I am there. Our main facility houses our hundreds of courtrooms on the bottom three floors, the detective offices and processing on the middle two floors, and lock-up on the top two floors.

The place is HUGE and built for a fast turnaround. You get processed, tried, convicted, and locked up for months, all at the same place. It's like a penal system assembly line...

I have a security clearance and have dealt with the DoD for the last six years, but the local city police still scare the hell out of me. I've never had a DHS agent pull a gun on me... But it's happened three times now with the cops.

Say what you want about the [snip] militias... But they are already in place and wearing a badge...

Can you tell I'm nervous?

It's sad we have to be nervous when going to a police station...

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on Mon Feb 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Good grief, makes me wonder where you live.
I had to go to the municipal court building here for estate matters recently, but our county is so broke they had the metal detector off to the side because they couldn't afford to man it.

Well, good luck and be careful

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

Three separate times you've had the cops draw down on you? What for? Cops don't just pull out their pistol at the precinct for nothing.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The last time i went to our local sheriff station, my wallet got jacked!

I should know better to trust people in a business that caters to liars, murderers and thieves.

It is unfortunate that the sheriff station is the only place that the homeless can use toilet in the middle of the night. It is either that, or hide behind a bush/dumpster and pray that you have TP or an extra sock.

top topics

join