It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an end of the world dream i had this morning...need to get it off my chest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
i had this dream sometime around 10am this morning...now at 8pm i still cant stop thinking about it, i figure id let some people know...here it goes:

for some reason i was driving down a highway with my wife, and our kids were not with us at the moment, they were at someones house being taken cared of..

so as im driving down the highway it immediatley started to rain hail...hail in south florida is not uncommon but it doesnt happen everyday...however these golf ball sized pieces of hail were raining down very violenty, the sky was gray and dark...

i sped up the car trying to find some shelter when suddenly for some reason the car was immobilized...so as me and my wife sit there thinking about our next move to run out of the car while avoiding the hail...suddenly someone pointed out to us to a biulding and told us that "everyone was being sheltered there"..so me and my wife make a dash for the "shelter" and as we are entering the door i took a look back and i realised what had "immobilized" my car....it was a basketball sized chunk of hail..and it was raining down more by the second! giant basketball sized hails everywhere destroying cars and other property as they rained down!...

so me and my wife are now "safe" inside this biulding it must have been 10 or 20 stories tall...me my wife and maybe about 30 other people were all in the 1st floor lobby waiting out this catastrophic storm, suddenly the thought of my children came to me and i told my wife that we had to try and find them...

**note** at this moment my memory is kind of giving out on me so i'll skip to the parts that i didnt forget(you'll find out why soon)

so we are still in the building and we decide we want to go back outside when suddenly we are met with an armed military guy dressed in a chem suit...he tells us that no one can leave and if we do we will be shot down...as the crowd of people heard that statement evevryone went on a frenzy! people were pushing and shoving trampling each other, and i remember fighting back 5 or 6 people at a time kicking them back and pushing them away trying to protect myself and my wife...

flash forward..somehow me and my wife managed to escape as we ran upstaris through the fire escape stairs and we jumped out a window...

when we were finally outside...the sky was red, fires blazed, cars were crushed, buildings were collapsed people screaming in the streets, somewhere in the distance someone was getting beat to death as a mob of people tried to rob him of his car so they could escape...

then flash forward some more....

suddenly the sky started truning white, the sun was getting brighter...it felt as though a meteor was approaching or a nuclear bomb had just exploded..you know? that blinding light?

and then this feeling that i wont forget...as this light got brighter, the feeling of knowing i never found my children, of knowing i never hugged them and kissed them, the feeling of hopeless ness, that no matter how prepared you thought you were, nothing could save you from that blinding light...all you could do is stare at it and DIE...

i will never forget the feeling of impending death, once you experience it..you never forget it..

if you read this thank you for your time

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Many people overinterpret their dreams or take them too literally. The mind "plays" with information and a great part of the mind is a creative and symbolic force, not just a logical one. That said, my take on your dream is that an adult issue that doesn't necessarily involve your children is looming over you and your wife and it makes you feel without control. In your mind an ultimate disaster is looming and this dream is your mind's interpretation, creating a logical story out of your thoughts, fears, concerns and facts of your life. End of the world? not likely, but something is needing clarification in your mind to set you at ease. Hope this helps to put the dream in perspective.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Read Charles Hoy Fort (The book of the damned) Hail of this size has been recorded before in our history.
Thanks for sharing this vivid dream it was a good read.
Also wanted to say we are bombarded with image pollution through movies this becomes a part of our collective consciousness. No wonder so many people have been having apocalyptic type dreams of late. I am of the belief that we have the power and always have to make this world a paradise for all.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Shirak because: add more

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepvoid
Many people overinterpret their dreams or take them too literally. The mind "plays" with information and a great part of the mind is a creative and symbolic force, not just a logical one. That said, my take on your dream is that an adult issue that doesn't necessarily involve your children is looming over you and your wife and it makes you feel without control. In your mind an ultimate disaster is looming and this dream is your mind's interpretation, creating a logical story out of your thoughts, fears, concerns and facts of your life. End of the world? not likely, but something is needing clarification in your mind to set you at ease. Hope this helps to put the dream in perspective.

very interesting concept...

to be honest i am currently away from my children at the moment...maybe i should look deeper in the "real world" to find the core meaning of this dream..interesting

however that feeling of "you are going to die in 10 seconds, and theres nothing you can do about it" is a very haunting feeling

edit on 12-2-2012 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

i agree that we are Consciously and subconsciously bombarded with "2012" and end of the world subjects..

example: video games: fallout, rage etc.. and on t.v especially on the history channel..

i do believe our dreams are influenced by these mediums...

since my new work schedule its been about 2 months since ive had a chance to see any "end of the world" subjects..usually whats showing is pawn stars or swamp men..

i think somehow my mind inntertwined my current situation with my kids and wife, and played it out in some end of the world scenario

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I've had those dreams too. Very powerful and unsettling. Some were prophetic, but not necessarily in the psychic sense, more my mind seeing a probable outcome to a path I am on. Sort of a warning done as a movie/allegory. Still good to seek out your family and parcel out hugs aplenty :-)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"From the sky huge hailstones of about a hundred pounds each fell upon men. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible." Revelation 16:21

"The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood.a A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter. " Revelation 8: 10-11

Something to consider if you feel there was any warning to your dream.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
"From the sky huge hailstones of about a hundred pounds each fell upon men. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible." Revelation 16:21

"The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood.a A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter. " Revelation 8: 10-11

Something to consider if you feel there was any warning to your dream.

Cheers

thats the thing about dreams..

i wonder if anyone ever dreamt of 9/11 and probably shrugged it off as them interpreting some problem happening in their personal life...

we have yet to discover what causes dreams, or why we have them..

each should be interpreted very carefully, good find man

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I had found and kept a spider under a drinking glass for a couple of days this past week. I finally let it go outside and that night I had a dream about being surrounded by many small spiders. I don't remember being scared or that they were attacking me. Maybe it was just them acknowledging and thanking me for letting it go.

And last night I had a dream that is a recurring dream that I'm currently having every once and a while lately, but I can't remember it at this moment, but this one shook me. I do remember that

Yes, the mind is fantastic.
edit on 12-2-2012 by six67seven because: Go Ron Paul

edit on 12-2-2012 by six67seven because: Go Ron Paul

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your dream.
I can understand why it was still playing on your mind that night, it sounded very upsetting.
The thought of not reaching your children had been planted in your psyche.
When I have disturbing dreams like this, I force myself to go back to the dream, then write my own script.
See yourself reaching/saving your kids. Experience the emotions & relief just as you would in the dream.
Envisage the triumph at knowing you all get to safety, and really live it just as you would in a dream.
It really does help.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

however that feeling of "you are going to die in 10 seconds, and theres nothing you can do about it" is a very haunting feeling

I had one of those dreams a couple of months ago. I remember looking out the front window, and across the street, was a churning, slow motion dark grey ash cloud coming towards the house, and I started looking for my little dog, while calling my husband to hurry up and get out of the bathroom. I got the dog, but my husband wasn't believing me that this was so urgent
Seriously, that made it seem too real

Then the dream just ended. What a horrible feeling. It really leaves you shaken.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
Thanks for sharing your dream.
I can understand why it was still playing on your mind that night, it sounded very upsetting.
The thought of not reaching your children had been planted in your psyche.
When I have disturbing dreams like this, I force myself to go back to the dream, then write my own script.
See yourself reaching/saving your kids. Experience the emotions & relief just as you would in the dream.
Envisage the triumph at knowing you all get to safety, and really live it just as you would in a dream.
It really does help.

i remember after waking up i tried to "create" my own ending but i couldnt... the blinding light was inescapable..it was the be all end all doom..

ive been away from my children for almost a week now, i will be seeing them tonight, you can bet on it...unless i die on the way over there...if thats the case it is what it is

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

yes, I had my first 'end of the world ' dream last night. I really don't think it's worth a fresh thread but it was disturbing.

Mine involved snake/cloud type creatures coming out of a woman that for some reason was put into my woodstove. She said if we put her in there we would be safe but they got out anyway. As they took over my house I left with a group of people I didn't know and we all set off on foot to do what we could to survive.
It was the kind of dream I don't remember all the details so I don't take those too much to heart, but I do keep seeing 'visions' of the snake cloud thing throughout the day. sticking with me a little bit.

unsettling to say the least.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
on a warning because i challenged david ickes teaching, if you take what is false, a lie, and say it is the truth,

this is being deceitful, using deception, so those under Judas ickes control, said i was calling david icke a liar,

well if you are not telling presenting the truth ,but presenting lies as truth what are you doing. ?

another example of this david icke,s hard core followers at his forum, say that this forum is run by the CIA

A vision, coming unstoppable judgement s

forum.davidicke.com...

johnny

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You haven't happened to see Take Shelter anytime recenty have you? Just saw that one tonight, not bad.

The first part of your dream had some similarities there. Interesting dream anyway, thanks for sharing.

top topics

join