It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have never had allergies until now... why are so many people developing allergies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yeah gluten is one of those odd things IMO. I mean it is in practically everything and I never even heard of gluten until a year or so ago. With all the technology advance in medicine, you would think that people would get healthier, no sicker. On the other hand, I know it is real. Someone I know and trust very much says that she has gluten problems and it ruins you. Your stomach and that whole body system constantly needs attention and it affects who you are and how you think. Apparently it is pretty serious... sometimes I feel that the government is behind all the problems people have... Just think about the ADD/ADHD epidemic...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkchemistry

Hey I have never heard that... yet it makes so much sense! I think I will try that out and see what happens, great idea!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkchemistry

I have a houseful of plants. All sizes and descriptions. A good number of them are specifically air-filtering plants. I didn't choose them for that alone though. They are lovely and every bit a part of the family (to me) as they are to the decor.

As for honey, I've been ordering my honey from a beekeeper upcountry for quite a while now. We go through about 10kg per month in our house. Half of our honey is raw and half is spun so it's more liquid. All of it is fantastic. The beekeeper is absolutely passionate about his bees. Sort of makes me what to join the club and keep bees myself.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by ForeverDusk
I remember reading a theory that allergies were caused by dairy consumption.

So many people are blind to this. Dairy is NOT essentail for a healthy diet.

Dairy was designed for a COW not a human.

Then of course there's all the antibiotics that is contains, and the growth hormone and whatever else they put in it.

The stomach is not a passive sieve, it extracts only as much calcium as you need and you can find that in a daily packet of unhealthy crisps. My point is, we do not need milk.

If you know someone who has a child that constantly wets the bed then tell them that milk/dairy can cause hives within the bladder, the hives prevent the child from knowing when the bladder is full and before the poor child knows whats happend the bed is wet again!!

LMAO ~!!!! RIIIIIGHT>.~!!

welp.. I've been healthy as a horse for 5 decades and drank RAW milk after being strained, STRAIGHT from the cow.. !!!

Yeeeah .. .. try again ..

EDIT to add: after moving to the city for the first time from the farm, and went for my check up, the doctor asked what my diet consisted of because my cholesterol was perfect..

"eggs, bacon, beef, chicken, raw milk, brains of cow, kidneys ..." and rattled off like 5 other things.

Oh the look he had on his face was PRICELESS ..

edit on 13-2-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I've had digestive problems with MSG and ingredients that contain it but go under a different name. I believe soy is something that does not agree with me either.

I have more details in a thread I started in 2005.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

While a number of foods and even pizza sold at certain chains causes me problems, if I avoid everything that causes me a problem which seems to be a growing list at times, I notice I have a lot less allergy problems in general. I used to think it was like a curse to have digestive problems but maybe I'm lucky. I find out right away my body doesn't tolerate certain chemicals and substances. Others absorb them apparently without a problem and then they have problems later on.

Some of the links in my original thread don't work anymore.

Anyway I stopped drinking milk to avoid occasional problems. It wouldn't surprise me if it had msg in it.
www.truthinlabeling.org...

Other ingredients that contain msg but are listed under other names.
www.truthinlabeling.org...

edit on 13/2/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The sad thing is most people are not aware that MSG stands for monosodium glutamate, which is in just about every processed food there is, including a lot of seasonings restaurants use. So it isn't very surprising packages don't just list MSG, and use the long form instead. There reason I mention this I was with a friend one day that said they couldn't tolerate MSG while eating a bag of Doritos I said are you trying to be funny? She said no why? I said because you are eating it right now.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Dont feel bad, I have been going through one of the scarriest times of my life because of Rhinitis. I have defeated death about 3 times in my life and this scares the hell out of me so much that I have actually been having anexity and insomnia because of it.

It started with me putting my fan in my window months ago, but about 4 weeks ago I aimed it directly at me when I sleep. To much of it was hitting my face and over a few days caused everything to swell up in my air passage causing an obstruction with I sleep. I instantly moved the fan upon being woken up in the middle of the night from this. The swelling at allready started however and two weeks later my partner had to wake me up because I was chocking in my sleep. Of course I couldn't get back to sleep from fear, and have been only getting four hours of sleep every night. Sleep apnea scares the hell out of me, and I never had any problems untill this fan caused Rhinitis.

My anexity is causing me to not want to sleep which doesn't help. So after about four hours of sleep I naturally wake up to roll over to the other side and upon doing so can't get back to sleep. In addition my parter snores and we have a pet in the room that sometimes makes noises. I might just have to get a sleep study done to get to the bottom of whats going on. The day after the last chocking incident I was put on antihistimines, and as far as I know haven't chocked since, however I'm waking up in the middle of the night and not going back to sleep. I never feel like I'm waking up from being chocked, but of course its the first thing on my mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What you may have also is a metabolic syndrome, not necessarily an allergy. Something could be causing your body to have altered body chemistry resulting in an immune system either overacting or not reacting. There are many things in our food and even in perfumes or soaps that can cause your symptoms. After studying the problems we have created in the diet and environment, I am surprised that it's not a lot worse. I guess humans are hard to kill after all. All we need is a real bad bacteria and our immune systems are so messed up that most of us will die.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by ForeverDusk
I remember reading a theory that allergies were caused by dairy consumption.

So many people are blind to this. Dairy is NOT essentail for a healthy diet.

Dairy was designed for a COW not a human.

Then of course there's all the antibiotics that is contains, and the growth hormone and whatever else they put in it.

The stomach is not a passive sieve, it extracts only as much calcium as you need and you can find that in a daily packet of unhealthy crisps. My point is, we do not need milk.

If you know someone who has a child that constantly wets the bed then tell them that milk/dairy can cause hives within the bladder, the hives prevent the child from knowing when the bladder is full and before the poor child knows whats happend the bed is wet again!!

LMAO ~!!!! RIIIIIGHT>.~!!

welp.. I've been healthy as a horse for 5 decades and drank RAW milk after being strained, STRAIGHT from the cow.. !!!

Yeeeah .. .. try again ..

EDIT to add: after moving to the city for the first time from the farm, and went for my check up, the doctor asked what my diet consisted of because my cholesterol was perfect..

"eggs, bacon, beef, chicken, raw milk, brains of cow, kidneys ..." and rattled off like 5 other things.

Oh the look he had on his face was PRICELESS ..
Voidhawk is correct. Cows milk is for baby cows. The fact that we have to process the hell out of cows milk to bring it to a safe drinking state is a clue alone that milk was not meant for humans.

I just read an article about how many people die from consuming raw milk, besides, were we all supposed to own our own cows? Processes are proof that we are having to work around a problem. Milk is pasturized, homegenized, and fortified because it wasn't meant for us to drink, so we are making the milk worth drinking. The thing that both of your I'm sure are missing is that there is actually a very important reason why this came into play. Once scientists discovered that the human body needs 1000 mg per day of calcium, the highest natural thing on the list is sardines. You will need 5.4 servings a day to get your daily allowence. With milk I think you can get away with 3 to 4 servings a day, but in the form of processed cheese, it beats all. Again the idea is trying to keep it natural.

So we are missing a natural source for calcium, you could benefit to read my other threads, Target food and god was a space alien and not our real creator.

The only thing I have been able to find that fits our needs for calcium is seaweed. It's 7 to 14 times higher than milk which means that 1/2 a serving would give you the needed RDA for calcium without you having to gorge yourself. I have looked over the calcium list, there is simply nothing here for us aside from seaweed and its not a common consumption at that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
it's wheat.

it's a chronic poison causing inflammation and your body can't fight everything at once.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

it's not the milk ..

it's the RBHT in the cows they are giving it to

and yes.. I've nearly stop drinking milk just for this reason

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

it's not the milk ..

it's the RBHT in the cows they are giving it to

and yes.. I've nearly stop drinking milk just for this reason
There are many reasons why milk is bad for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(chemtrail)
chooooooooooooooooooooo

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You'll get a zillion reasons on this issue. I'm the opposite. I had severe allergies as a kid and into my early twenties. Now they are completely gone. So my ditching the allergies cancels your getting them. Why do you translate your own experience to "so many people"? Can you quantify that?

One issue that may be apparent is that our "modern" medical system saves people who would otherwise have been cuilled from the gene pool by disease. I very likely would have died as a youngster because of the severe asthma as a result of my allergies. My wife is also alive because of a 'modern miracle drug' she was given in the fifties. So basically we are creating a weaker race of humans (such as myself) who are more prone to sicknesses than they would be if nature was allowed to take its course and kill the weak ones off.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You'll get a zillion reasons on this issue. I'm the opposite. I had severe allergies as a kid and into my early twenties. Now they are completely gone. So my ditching the allergies cancels your getting them. Why do you translate your own experience to "so many people"? Can you quantify that?

One issue that may be apparent is that our "modern" medical system saves people who would otherwise have been cuilled from the gene pool by disease. I very likely would have died as a youngster because of the severe asthma as a result of my allergies. My wife is also alive because of a 'modern miracle drug' she was given in the fifties. So basically we are creating a weaker race of humans (such as myself) who are more prone to sicknesses than they would be if nature was allowed to take its course and kill the weak ones off.
I just had to comment about this. I never looked at things from this angle, and your right in a way.

I had bad asthma as a kid and ended up with a collapsed lung because of it. Now I find out that my daughter also has asthma.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

What you may have also is a metabolic syndrome, not necessarily an allergy. Something could be causing your body to have altered body chemistry resulting in an immune system either overacting or not reacting. There are many things in our food and even in perfumes or soaps that can cause your symptoms. After studying the problems we have created in the diet and environment, I am surprised that it's not a lot worse. I guess humans are hard to kill after all. All we need is a real bad bacteria and our immune systems are so messed up that most of us will die
No its to much of a coincidence that it all started when I had the fan aimed at me.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Not to mention people are getting weaker and whineier. They have no real idea of how to take care of themselves and expect to be taking medications and seeing the Dr alot. trying to avoid work and general reality seem to fit in to

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

ive noticed my allergies are actulay getting worse, im allergic to pollen from popler trees, which used to die down after a month or so but now they act up throughout summer

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just my little add to this thread, I'm 45 years old, I have never had allergies, but over the last 6 months or so, I developed nasal congestion problems to where I have been using nasal decongestant to improve my breathing. Typically I don't use any type medication whatsoever even when I have a cold, I typically let my immune system fight it off and build immunities, no cold medicines or anything, no aspirin or anything. Last winter I caught the annual minor cold symptoms, nasal congestion, cough and I was having a hard time sleeping because of the congestion, so I went to drugstore and bought nasal decongestant to help me breath while I was sleeping, and once I started using it, it improved my breathing so much that I continue to use it for the improved breathing ability, but because of changes in my life there is a possibility that there is mold or something like asbestos in the house or the job I'm at now, both buildings are more than 50 years old so the only way I can find out is to change residences and if that doesn't clear it up then I change jobs to see if it is environmental, but beyond that, I still have no health problems, but like I said this whole nasal congestion thing is new to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join