It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who needs a DRAFT? No Jobs! Go to the army!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Who needs a draft? That is so 1940s .

The draft is obselete, that being said I would like to explain my stance and what I have been experiancing for the past couple of weeks. There is lack of jobs in amerca, obviously we know this. That pressing matter creates a lot of strife within a household (often workers being blamed for being lazy, stupid,) perhaps you have no income. What is the option? To serve in the army/reserves/navy/marines.

With our federal government creating less money for the 99% there is barely any oportunity besides looking into the service. Personly, I feel the way the government is being handled, many indviduals are sighning there life away to keep a float. It is honestly a best assumption and theory of mine. Perhaps our government is creating conflict within the poor so much to force them into servce.

edit on 12-2-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You can't click through the TV channels without every other channel showing a *join now* military service commercial.

edit on 12-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Its an easy leap to make when youre jobless. Its not the easiest thing however. They are downsizing within the military and many have had to change their military occupational specialty in order to stay or they are 'let go' (their are multiple systems for downsizing each with its own process.. I am not inferring a pink slip scenario). On the flipside to this, very often someone who is preparing to leave the military is bombarded by their contemporaries and leaders that "there are no jobs" out there and to "re-up".

The military is a deplorable thing to join on the basis of "what else is there for me" it despite its terrible nature is still a noble pursuit if it is pursued with a strong heart, moral compass, and passion for your nation. It is not the soldiers who write policy but unfortunately, and what is the undoing of its nobility, it is the enforcer of policy.
edit on 2012212 by mretgis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Id have to disagree with your theory...

Chiarelli: Army to cut 7,000-plus jobs in 2012

The fiscal 2012 budget request submitted to Congress in mid-February includes an Army plan to begin drawing down next spring, with an emphasis on the temporary end-strength increase that began in late 2009.

It will take the Army about 18 months, beginning next spring, to eliminate the 22,000-soldier bulge, Chiarelli indicated.

The Army also has cut back on accessions by reducing the annual recruiting goal for the active component from 74,600 in 2010 to 69,500 this year and 68,000 in 2012, according to the budget documents submitted to Congress.

These force reduction actions are small compared with a looming drawdown of 27,000 soldiers scheduled to begin in 2015.

The goal is to end the fiscal year on Sept. 30, 2012, with 562,000 active-component soldiers.

Looks like a lot are getting ready to lose their jobs!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here's a little study from 4-5 years ago: www.studentsatrisk.org...

Seventy-two percent of American youth between 17 and 24 years of age are not eligible for military service for fitness, academic and law enforcement deficiencies, Cotton said, citing national statistics that some 30 percent of male youths drop out of high school

So there might be fewer openings, but your competition isn't that great.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

The draft is obselete, that being said I would like to explain my stance and what I have been experiancing for the past couple of weeks. There is lack of jobs in amerca, obviously we know this. That pressing matter creates a lot of strife within a household (often workers being blamed for being lazy, stupid,) perhaps you have no income. What is the option? To serve in the army/reserves/navy/marines.

With our federal government creating less money for the 99% there is barely any oportunity besides looking into the service. Personly, I feel the way the government is being handled, many indviduals are sighning there life away to keep a float. It is honestly a best assumption and theory of mine. Perhaps our government is creating conflict within the poor so much to force them into servce.

Very good point. I never put this together and it does sound like a "good plan" should there ever come a need to unlimited amounts of soldiers.

Wait for it... Wait for it...

At this rate.. It'll happen very soon. So maybe that was the idea all along. To be honest, my first reason for joining the army was that very reason. Civil life at 18 sucked! Couldnt get a job to pay more than minimum. I was bringing home 150$ a week. So I signed up to that beautiful (back then) $5K bonus. Needless to say, I didnt realise all the stipulations untill I was "suckerd" in and signed away. (Man I would love to see that guy today.. Promice I'll keep $150 in my back pocket for bailout money)

Suckerd in, shot up with all kinds of "you dont need to know" and got out after my stint and found what I couldnt see before.

I dont regret it! Had I never done that, my motivation would be alot diffrent, I probably would have eatten everyones crap on a day to day basis, probably wouldnt have stood up for myself, always woulda backed down, and I would have never opened my eyes to possibilities. Once I got out.. I had the incintive to do just that.

It made me more of a motivated, rational thinking, calm, healthy person. ok, maybe not all THAT calm!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

The fiscal 2012 budget request submitted to Congress in mid-February includes an Army plan to begin drawing down next spring, with an emphasis on the temporary end-strength increase that began in late 2009.

It will take the Army about 18 months, beginning next spring, to eliminate the 22,000-soldier bulge, Chiarelli indicated.

The Army also has cut back on accessions by reducing the annual recruiting goal for the active component from 74,600 in 2010 to 69,500 this year and 68,000 in 2012, according to the budget documents submitted to Congress.

These force reduction actions are small compared with a looming drawdown of 27,000 soldiers scheduled to begin in 2015.

The goal is to end the fiscal year on Sept. 30, 2012, with 562,000 active-component soldiers.

Could be a front? Thought of that very thing, but lets just say it IS reality. Then I would think.. Front before the war. Tell you one thing and do something totaly unexpected due to unforseen circumstances.

Many would say, we've done it before... and we've done worse.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

These hurdles are very easily overcome. Getting a 'waiver' for legal troubles is done in an interview with the applicant and an officer via telephone and it is not by any means a long or drawn out discussion. Dropping out of high school does little but exempt the applicant from receiving a bonus, and that is if they 'fail' the personality test (which is completed by drop outs). The military will let just about anyone in. They will continue to recruit young blood as they continue to cut non-commissioned officers (and junior enlisted in select MOS) out.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Although many of the posters here are correct, the Army is downsizing, and not just a little bit, I recently posted about myself.

I enlisted in the Army just a few weeks ago.
ATS thread here on my enlistment

Th economics of the situation, although not immensely, did factor into my decision. From some inside info that I have heard from active NCO's (not recruiters) the Army had a boom over the last 10 years and basically was taking any warm body that walked into their offices. They are right now in the process of replacing the current force with new soldiers and have much much higher standards. PT scores will be changing, ASVAB requirements will be increasing, waivers will be harder to approve, just to name a few methods that they are using.

One example from my experience. I am 32 and have more than 3 traffic tickets. Imagine that, driving for 15 years. I was subjected to a psych eval because of a perceived problem with authority figures. Needless to say, I passed the eval easily, but its still a newer method to weed out those who years before would be welcomed with open arms.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

The military doesn't take everyone who applies.

It's getting tougher to get into the more technical military.

And if you're thinking of going into one of the Elite Combat crews, most can't pass the physical demands.

Hey, there's always the Cuban army....if you can speak Spanish.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Nobody with a good job would like to go to war That being said

Now you know why they put the economy where it is Gov. Banker
NO job no house no money
Have to go fight to keep your family off the street been plan for year's

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Could be a front? Thought of that very thing, but lets just say it IS reality. Then I would think.. Front before the war. Tell you one thing and do something totaly unexpected due to unforseen circumstances.

Many would say, we've done it before... and we've done worse.

I would say it's not a front just because the way wars are fought is evolving more each and every day, hence, the unmanned drones. And anyway, why pay for shipping our troops and military equipment thousands of miles when you can just fund a terrorist group already 'stationed' in the needed region??
edit on 12-2-2012 by six67seven because: Go Ron Paul

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Stating the obvious here. Remember that mans buisnesses went belly up, because credit was tightened. So you have again the fimancial elite pulling the strings. Of course that happened only in the military arm of the west, the us. In germany unemployment decreased.

Its always that way. Same for WWII there was a draft, yes, but most had nowhere to go anyway.

top topics

join