It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Pound Emerald Found In Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Source

When 'The Tiadora' emerald was removed from it's carry bag, it was descibed as "Huge, Stunning, Amazing",

Immediately, I pictured this huge stone mounted to a gold finger band and worn or rather, dragged around by some high profile personality as an engagement ring. Talk about a ball and chain.

This emerald could rate as one of the 9 wonders of the world.
The eighth?

The Cullinan Diamond

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Now that's a rock!
I am surprised that it's "only" worth a million but having seen the video in the linked article it doesn't appear to be that great a quality in terms of (dunno the gem words) clarity and luminescence. It's quite a cloudy and imperfect stone when compared to more expensive examples in the gem world. It's still damn impressive though. Nice find!

ETA LOL Good catch by the poster below me!
edit on 12/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
Source

When 'The Tiadora' emerald was removed from it's carry bag, it was descibed as "Huge, Stunning, Amazing", ]

And the man who said those words and produced the gem out of his bag, Regan Reaney, is now behind bars after police finally caught up with him for multiple fraud charges.

"They're from warrants that go back to 2006 ... four counts of False Pretences and two counts of Fraud Under $5,000."

The gem got no bids at an auction over the weekend. Whether the emerald is real or not remains up-in-the-air.

link

Edit - and might I add that I shouldnt have had to show this link. The video you showed is a month old.
Why wouldnt you take the time to bother doing a google search on a topic before creating a thread on it?
Seriously happens too much on ATS. Its like people see *ONE* article about something at *ONE* site and then instantly decide a new thread is warranted before doing any more research on the topic at all.

edit on 12-2-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
Source

When 'The Tiadora' emerald was removed from it's carry bag, it was descibed as "Huge, Stunning, Amazing", ]

And the man who said those words and produced the gem out of his bag, Regan Reaney, is now behind bars after police finally caught up with him for multiple fraud charges.

"They're from warrants that go back to 2006 ... four counts of False Pretences and two counts of Fraud Under $5,000."

The gem got no bids at an auction over the weekend. Whether the emerald is real or not remains up-in-the-air.

link

Edit - and might I add that I shouldnt have had to show this link. The video you showed is a month old.
Why wouldnt you take the time to bother doing a google search on a topic before creating a thread on it?
Seriously happens too much on ATS. Its like people see *ONE* article about something at *ONE* site and then instantly decide a new thread is warranted before doing any more research on the topic at all.

edit on 12-2-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Interesting synopsis.
Mind you, the topic of interest is timeless whether reported in 1905 as in the case of the diamond (link above at end of original post), or a month ago as you have shared above, and as I am not investigating the Reaney crime sprees, nor am I evaluating the quality of the surreal emerald, can't there be some joy and satisfaction just in knowing that such a huge gem does exist and if genuine how this brings another facet (pun intended) to the discoveries which increase awareness of the awesomeness of nature?

I won't lie, your comments exasperate ridicule, but are accurate if interpreted in the strictest sense of journalism.
A welcome and refreshing argument indeed.
As is mine, don't you agree?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Is this the story about a diamond found in 1905?

Or am I missing something, was there another article about Emeralds?

Sorry, I'm confused.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Is this the story about a diamond found in 1905?

Or am I missing something, was there another article about Emeralds?

Sorry, I'm confused.

Was wondering myself, I'll have to assume the story was bs as the first "source" only contains a picture of anon. And the second is about a diamond from a hundred years ago.

new topics

top topics

join