It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange aircraft (not alien) houston Tx.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ok first off I do not in any way say nor think its alien. Now that I'm good on that lol, after running to the store me and the family had just got out of the car were unloading groceries and coming from the east heading towards West/southwest we heard what I can best describe as like the old fashioned star trek warp sound ( just bare with me here) it started high pitched and was moving quickly to slowed down and more cruising sound. Now it had one constant white light under nose with a flashing white and red a little before that, each wing had a flashing white light and under the tail of the plane also had a white light. It was too dark to make out a good shape but I can tell u from my previous career it was not a normal aircraft I've seen or heard. Before I get spiked to the stake here is why I even posted this, I just wandered if anyone in my area could have seen or heard this before? It happened last Saturday at around this time but I didn't pay much attention but twice is odd secondly I'm curious about it but before anyone says well do u have proof my reply is going to be NO its dark so pics aren't happening and I don't think my 14month old would have appreciated being dropped for me to probably still not get anything. I am hoping its not a first but at least now the masses know and can keep an eye and ear out. Well anyway just wanted my first post correct and hopefully clear cut but thanks again everyone.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by M1FST91

I live in Houston.

It would help if you used paragraphs/line breaks in your posts as I've done here with this second line.
It makes for easier reading.

If your excuse is that you are posting from a phone, I would counter with; if it's important enough to post, then, it's important enough to be done properly from a computer or laptop.

Question: What was your previous career that gives you insight into aircraft identification? What is your current career?

Though you did not get a photo, could you please draw something in MSPaint or use some other program to make a simple drawing of what you think you thought you saw?
This would help.

As said, I live in Houston. I live only a few minutes away from Johnson Space Center, and Ellington field.
I see all sorts of aircraft all the time.
Drawing a picture would help us to identify what you saw considerably more than than your current description.
Further, in what part of town are you? Inner loop? Outer loop? Kingwood, Woodlands, Pasadena, Clear Lake? Baytown? Katy? Sugarland?

edit on 11-2-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by M1FST91

I live in Houston.

It would help if you used paragraphs/line breaks in your posts as I've done here with this second line.
It makes for easier reading.

If your excuse is that you are posting from a phone, I would counter with; if it's important enough to post, then, it's important enough to be done properly from a computer or laptop.

Question: What was your previous career that gives you insight into aircraft identification? What is your current career?

Though you did not get a photo, could you please draw something in MSPaint or use some other program to make a simple drawing of what you think you thought you saw?
This would help.

As said, I live in Houston. I live only a few minutes away from Johnson Space Center, and Ellington field.
I see all sorts of aircraft all the time.
Drawing a picture would help us to identify what you saw considerably more than than your current description.

edit on 11-2-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

Give the guy a break! It was nothing that will ever be identified by those lights only anyway. And it makes not a bit of difference anyway whether it was a conventional aircraft or a UFO.

Some people are not familiar with how jets will sometimes suddenly advance the throttles as they have descended and slowed a bit too quickly as they come in to the landing pattern. I was quite intriqued by that sound the first few times I heard it and I still look up to spot the a/c when I hear it.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Depending on what part of town, you're in ellington field has some really strange planes in and out of there.
The flight mueseum is out that way so they may be some experimental stuff flying around

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I wasn't beating on the poster. I was just saying it'd be much easier to read if he didn't subscribe to the wall of words technique of literary kung and fu.

Further, on inquiring about the poster's previous employment, the poster mentioned it in relation to this post, so, if the poster mentioned it, it must be relevant, yet, the poster didn't expand on that part, thus, I ask.

As said, I live in Houston. This topic interested me. I was by no means attempting to belittle, dismiss, harass, troll, or be a nuisance to the poster in any way.

So, there.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No the L&B alone will not be an identifier I wondered if anyone had seen the same sound and pattern on a aircraft. Oh and past career was Air Force 301st FB and now I am.... Well was a police officer but I'm fighting liver cancer so for now I'm just a bum ( in my eyes )

I'm sorry bout my sentence structure I'm not really to attentive right now, but as soon as I can get on my PC not pos phone ill paint a pic for u. Again sorry I'm kinda jumping around just been a difficult day.

new topics

top topics

join