It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Noticed the Change in the Date they registared?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I have been on ATS several times this evening and I have noticed it was difficult to read other members date they registered. Is this a new format we were not made aware of or is it something else.

Also I posted to a forum two days a go that has totally vanished. I did not flag it my mistake but I did make a post on it but there is not reference of it anywhere on ATS now.

Does anyone remember that post. Subject said roughly " Something not right on ATS". I cannot remember the posters name but she had a like and it was a dark image that said Hello Jack. I think that was it and my post on the fourth page mind you I said it reminded me of Hal from the Space Oddessy movies??

edit on [p532012-02-11T01:53:08-06:00]America/Chicago20124f3 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

I can't say about the registration date, because I haven't noticed anything strange, but what I see different now is the "edit reason".

It used to look like this: "Edit by (poster name) because (reason)".
But in your post it looks like this:

Originally posted by restlessinMT

edit on [p532012-02-11T01:53:08-06:00]America/Chicago20124f3 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

I've seen this happen a couple of times before, I don't know if it's normal or not. Also, it doesn't say your location in your profile, but it does in the edit

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There is a ribbon on the bottom of the screen , click on "my posts" and your comment will be on there
If you have already done that, I have no idea. I can see dates fine.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well this is just weird! Nothing has changed in my profile settings so I don't know. I have double checked my date settings over and over! I guess I will ride it out for a while and do some digging to see what I come up with! But all register dates and post dates come up in this form:

[p282009-08-21T11:28:42-05:00]A

posted on [p362012-02-10T19:36:21-06:00]America/Chicago20124f3 @ 07:36 PM

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Not sure if this will work or not but it may do...

Go to Tools here, look for where it says 'Date Format' and type in something like: "mm/dd/yyyy", or whatever suits your preference.

Then hit submit and see if the dates are correct again.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

WoW! Thanks Rising Against! That did it!

I cannot believe I over looked that. Guess it is going to be one of those Saturdays.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oh cool, glad it worked.

I'm not too familiar with it all myself to be completely honest so I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to suggest or not, I can just remember seeing this type of issue pop up a few times in the past and with each time the date format has been what's caused it so I thought it was worth throwing out there as a possibility.

Anyway, once again, glad you got it fixed and everything.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
No, it's still today. Tomorrow will be different!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BudleighxSalterton

You are correct and have got me! Now that I read my title it is quite amusing.

top topics

join