It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith, Hope and Love Mirrored by Hate, Hopelessness and Unbelief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
1 John 4:8

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

GOD IS LOVE

Hate is the absence of LOVE (GOD). Unbelief is the willing separation from love. Hopelessness is the result of being separated from God (LOVE).

What reward is there in loving others? Being in Love is being in God.

1 Corinthians 13 LISTEN

4 Love is patient, love is kind.
-GOD is patient with and kind to those who are in Him.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
-Pride is reduced to humility and equality when we are in Him.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
-God keeps no record of wrongs when we are in Him.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
-Being in Him does not delight with the company of evil, but rejoices with the company of truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
-God always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always preserves.

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Salvation is a choice to believe this truth. The evidence is coming to pass as we speak. The Coming Judgment of the Watchers

All God asks is that we love others. God is one of the others to be loved. Being 'in' Christ is placing our spirit as one with Love (God). Is it really that complicated of a decision to make?

edit on 10-2-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Dear SuperiorEd,

A simple and kind thought. Nice post. You know you will be attacked soon and I know that you could care less. Peace dear brother.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I am hopeful that people read this article. The Coming Judgemnt of the Watchers - Enoch and the End of Days The article presents evidence behind the salvation that is offered by God. If the people viewing this evidence miss the proof coming to pass as history unfolds, then you and I cannot help them. God offers Love. What better reason to trust could there be?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Although I'm usually not religious (to put it diplomatically) this a nice thread SuperiorEd.

It reminds me of one of my favorite movies from my youth, The Mission.

Robert DeNiro reads 1 Corinthians 13:

I see that unfortunately the film's owners have blocked a lot of material on copyright grounds.
The above clip should still be visible on Youtube however.
edit on 10-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
wow superiored!! wonderful post !
we are in a war that started before we were created and which will soon reach it's inevitable conclusion. I myself became a follower of Yeshua while reading Enoch

have you seen David Flynns videos ? I highly recommend them he was a powerful man of God,and God gave him an amazing insight into our last days and the times and signs He went to be with the Lord this last Jan 22 2012. May the Lord Bless and Keep you

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
1 John 4:8

Hate is the absence of LOVE (GOD). Unbelief is the willing separation from love. Hopelessness is the result of being separated from God (LOVE).

Apathy is the absence of love not hate. Actually love and hate are like the opposite ends of a horse shoe... A long distance apart if you follow the steel around and actually not seperated by much if simply go across the gap between the two ends.
Unbelief is a is a lack of belief in something.
Hopelessness is the result of having no hope.
I have some simple issues with your base philosophy... Ten points for efffort and intention though.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Dear hudsonhawk65,

Apathy is the absence of love not hate.

Not to bicker; but, I have always thought of apathy as being the lack of any concern. I have always thought of it as when you just don't care what happens to you or in life at all. Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
-God keeps no record of wrongs when we are in Him.

I want to add to this because I feel like this do not tell the whole picture as I see it. These are just philosyphical thoughts so dissmiss them if you want to.

I am not sure it is not easily angered. Maybe not angered but quickly informing/teching if a behaviour is not ok, with the explanation to why.

God always let the record continue. It is not for punishment it is for teaching ourselves on what we have done so we can fix it ourselves. I will hold myself accountable for my errors and try to do my best to fix them with the help of others. When you are with him you are guided so that you can avoid the wrongs as much as possible.

It is easy to be like Jesus, Buddha, Gandi and Dalai Lama when all people around you are like Jesus, Gandi, Buddha and Dalai Lama. Please evolve to be like that. Namaste

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Good video. I'll need to watch that movie.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

You would probably enjoy my article on the path to the Supreme Good. Humbly Seeking the Good

I was studying the Dhammapada and relating the 8 fold path to its eventual conclusion of Grace from God. This is what happens if you reduce any overall perspective of truth to its root truth. The root truth will always end at the difference between pride and humility; love and hate; good and evil. The choice to love is the choice to see from spiritual eyes instead of material eyes. When a person sees through these eyes for the first time, God is seen face to face. Christ is standing right there beside with open arms. Grace is a free gift of unmerited favor from Love. God is Love.

edit on 11-2-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear hudsonhawk65,

Apathy is the absence of love not hate.

Not to bicker; but, I have always thought of apathy as being the lack of any concern. I have always thought of it as when you just don't care what happens to you or in life at all. Peace.

Yes and you would be correct in your definition of apathy. That is the absence of love. Love is a feeling, apathy is the absence of feeling. Hate on the other hand is a very stong emotion but not the opposite of love. It would be naieve to assume that in the absence of love we suddenly all become consumed by hate. Not to bicker.

Peace? Why does everyone say peace? Do you really believe that learning and growth only occur as a result of positive interactions? And never from negative experiences? Peace? I don't understand.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Dear hudsonhawk69,

It would be naieve to assume that in the absence of love we suddenly all become consumed by hate. Not to bicker. Peace? Why does everyone say peace? Do you really believe that learning and growth only occur as a result of positive interactions? And never from negative experiences? Peace? I don't understand

As I said, I am not looking to argue. Love and hate are the opposite of apathy. Why do I say peace, because I cannot speak everyone I only answer for myself? I say peace because there are enough people that are jerks in the world, it does not need one more, civility harms none. You say that there must be negative interactions for growth to occur, I agree; however, they are the things we should be learning to avoid because that is what positive growth is, why would I want a negative growth? How would you have me end my post, peace or war? In this life we can choose to be right or make things better which is right, which do you choose?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Fair enough.

new topics

top topics

join