It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAQ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm going to approach the subject of Iraq as objectively as i can to address the current situation in the country.

Firstly how will the US & UK ever resolve the problem with insurgents in Iraq?

Will pulling out of Iraq achieve anything or would the country desolve into anarchy?

What actions by the Coalition have worsened the problems in Iraq and can they launch some kind of immediate action to alleviate any problems?

Was the war aboout oil and if so for whom?

Can the Coalition ever stabilise the country and what actions are necessary in order to do so?

What would benefit Iraq more, a country ruled by a democratic federal type government, a country ruled by religious leaders or another?

Since the war in Iraq has the situation worsened in the Middle East and across the world? Do other countries and people think worse of America now?

I apologise if these questions are not thorough enough, i am fine with people adding their own questions as i like an ongoing debate but can you please answer my questions too.

Happy debating!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
Firstly how will the US & UK ever resolve the problem with insurgents in Iraq?

They can't

Will pulling out of Iraq achieve anything or would the country desolve into anarchy?

It's already in anarchy. Picking a strong leader like Al-Sistani, who enjoys popular support, would be the best bet to prevent anarchy going forward.

What actions by the Coalition have worsened the problems in Iraq and can they launch some kind of immediate action to alleviate any problems?

What worsened the problems: disbanding the army and the police and de-Baathification. Too late to alleviate that now.

Was the war aboout oil and if so for whom?

Only in the borader sense of strategically controlling the Middle East.

Can the Coalition ever stabilise the country and what actions are necessary in order to do so?

Read above.

What would benefit Iraq more, a country ruled by a democratic federal type government, a country ruled by religious leaders or another?

Can't have the first, have to opt for the latter.

Since the war in Iraq has the situation worsened in the Middle East and across the world?

Yes.

Do other countries and people think worse of America now?

Yes.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Are you talking about 2004 Iraq, or 1946 Germany?

join