It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rail guns, Coil guns, Disk Shooters, Microwave Gun, Electro Thermo Chemical guns and Lasers (link)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
the weapons of the world of tommorow are being experimented with today...
www.powerlabs.org...

what do you guys think? personally i like the 1 megawatt laser, that and the rail gun...sweet

[edit on 16-9-2004 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Microwave gun, hands down.

Just aim at your frozen dinner and ZAP!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
no offence buddy we found this site ages ago but still nice to see you can apreiate good weapons.
railguns and coil guns.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i did a search on ATS for this (site)... i found nothing...but i am sorry if this annoys some of u
,still its a great site... maybe something was update since this site was last posted.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
i did a search on ATS for this... i found nothing...but i am sorry if this annoys some of u
,still its a great site... maybe something was update since this site was last posted.

no i dont think it offends any one just thought i'd mention before folk were saying what you WERE going to say.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey! I build railguns and coilguns too! look at my Website and click the link at the top about coilguns. My railguns fling a piece of aluminum foil NEARLY 4 FEET! Amazing

XL5

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A 1MW N2 (nitrogen) laser is not as powerful as you'd think. It has a high peak power but a very small pulse length so it doesn't really do any "work" to the thing its aimed at. N2 lasers have a very low average power under 5watts for most sizes.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's basically a capacitor discharging for a very short time, so it may be 1 joule for 1 millionth of a second.
Then my railgun would be like 10 megawatts if I measured it like that.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
the microwave gun no doubt. I was watching a show and the NY police department was talking about getting on in the future you could just point it at a terrorist or criminal and the pain of you flesh beginning to burn would be so over whelming you would stop whatever your doing then the police can arrest you. Can someone say fried chicken?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hands down a coilgun.

www.anothercoilgunsite.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
yeah coil guns rock.
i love rail guns as well.
hey westy imagine that microwave gun mouted onto some black hawk. mobile chicken factory.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Definetely the Railgun and Microwave gun.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
devilwasp, have you ever made a coilgun? it sounds like you would enjoy it, and I sure did (or still am enjoying them) It's simple. look up photoflash coilgun on google. try it!
PS: I got 2 x 20 joule low voltage capacitors. I'm gonna have a 40 joule portable coilgun. It will be good enough to shoot through tin cans when I am finished!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9
devilwasp, have you ever made a coilgun? it sounds like you would enjoy it, and I sure did (or still am enjoying them) It's simple. look up photoflash coilgun on google. try it!
PS: I got 2 x 20 joule low voltage capacitors. I'm gonna have a 40 joule portable coilgun. It will be good enough to shoot through tin cans when I am finished!

no but i did try and make a gauss rifle but the magnets were not powerful enough. i really like magnetic weaponry!
lol mmm capacitors mmmmm

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think you would like making a photoflash coilgun. gauss guns are sorta weak. besides, the coilguns are simpler. I used a straw for a barrell!

Shot through a clay disk too.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by DanD9]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9
I think you would like making a photoflash coilgun. gauss guns are sorta weak. besides, the coilguns are simpler. I used a straw for a barrell!

Shot through a clay disk too.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by DanD9]

lol all i had where a few crappy magnets from the science lab. almost rolled off the end of the ruler!
yeah i would enjoy to make one.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Microwave gun... Heat Ray anyone?

An invisible ray of heat leapt from man to man and there was a bright glare as each of them was turned to fire....

Another of H G' Wells predictions coming true.

War of the Worlds written in 1898 and he (HG) even talks about parobolas and camera like device to house the heat ray... just like in the link!

[edit on 7-11-2004 by rustiswordz]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Microwave gun... Heat Ray anyone?

An invisible ray of heat leapt from man to man and there was a bright glare as each of them was turned to fire....

Another of H G' Wells predictions coming true.

lol just put it on a chopper and you got a mobile cooker.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'd like to see some kind of repeating rail gun experiment

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiRiNO
I'd like to see some kind of repeating rail gun experiment

60 capacitors and a nuke generator and multiple slugs and 6 diffrent rail sets aranged in minigun style and you have one. a slug fireing one every second and every rail gets 6 seconds rest.

new topics

top topics

join