It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange happened yesterday while driving home.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Good afternoon everyone.

Yesterday after work I was driving home and while I was driving towards the intersection I see three big black birds (could have been crows but not sure) flying towards me at a very low altitude. Suddenly they separate and one of them hits my front windshield, the other one hits the car behind me and the third one hits the back of the car that was going the opposite direction. I know for sure the one that hit my car died because the impact was hard.

The first thing that came to mind was the movie "The Core" when all those birds started falling from the sky. But this was different because it seem as they were doing it on purpose like committing suicide.

Can you someone explain what could have happened?

P.S. I tried starting this thread on the Fragile Earth forum but it would not let me.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That's messed up

Crows don't usually commit suicide, so I don't know.

You've been registered for a long time, welcome anyways

edit on 10-2-2012 by snowspirit because: removed unnecessary quote

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jagiron610

You have to have 20 post to make a thread in something other than introductions. Birds fly into windshields all the time, I hit one on the freeway the other day scarred the crap out of me, it was probably a little worse for the bird.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

But three birds at the same time?
I would not have been a big deal if it was just the one of the three but they separated and came straight towards the cars as if it was premeditated.

I'm just saying.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I have been a member since 08' but I just read posts and go on with my day.

I have learned many things from this website but also you can't take everything as truth.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
yes birds do this all the time but not three into three different cars ...
thats a little weird
my guess is suicide .... did they happen to leave a not behind lol

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wow,

that is weird and freaky.

Hmm, Final Destination or the The Birds movie.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagiron610
Good afternoon everyone.

Yesterday after work I was driving home and while I was driving towards the intersection I see three big black birds (could have been crows but not sure) flying towards me at a very low altitude. Suddenly they separate and one of them hits my front windshield, the other one hits the car behind me and the third one hits the back of the car that was going the opposite direction. I know for sure the one that hit my car died because the impact was hard.

The first thing that came to mind was the movie "The Core" when all those birds started falling from the sky. But this was different because it seem as they were doing it on purpose like committing suicide.

Can you someone explain what could have happened?

P.S. I tried starting this thread on the Fragile Earth forum but it would not let me.

Was it dark when you were driving home? I'm not familiar with crow eyesight, but maybe they were caught off guard because it was dark?

Then again, birds slam into things all the time in broad daylight, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Edit: as someone pointed out, it is a little weird that all of them would 'commit suicide' in such a way, it seems like if they saw one bird die they wouldn't follow suit.
edit on 10-2-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
maybe your windshield reflected light into thier eyes blinding them for a few seconds sending them hurtling into passing cars ........ or maybe it was swamp gas
Crows are huge out here where I live if I hit one with my car it would destroy my windshield scarey thought
let us know if more start falling from the sky

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I have heard that it is a bad omen for a bird to hit your windsheild.
I don't want to freak you out but 3 black birds hitting a windsheild doesn't sound like it can be good luck.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

It was around 6 PM, it was still daylight. I live in Miami, FL and gets dark like around 7 here.

The bird that hit my car hit the top of the windshield where it meets the top roof, that's why I think that it did nothing to my windshield.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

One of them hit my car. And about the bad omen, I'll keep you posted if something happens.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sounds like a mass die-off, on a small scale.

Could be a sudden attack of bird-mites, or even morgellons that started to act up simultaneously on all three birds. Because all of them flung themselves head-on at the same time, I would place my hedges on some weird waves going on in the air. Did you sense anything different at the time in the atmosphere?
edit on 12/2/2012 by MarkJS because: spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Everyone knows that birds bomb cars as soon as you watch them. Everyone knows that all living thinking beings will commit suicide to help their kind survive. The strongest try to defend the weak and young. Maybe these crows sensed that the cars were somehow threatening the survival of their kind. Crows seldom get hit by cars. They could have eaten something that compromised their judgement a lot, like some paxil or something else they found in the garbage. Maybe they snorted some coke they found that someone threw out of a car when stopped by the cops. Did you notice if it's pupils looked normal sized?
Was it smiling when it hit you're window?
edit on 12-2-2012 by rickymouse because: smiiling

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This will sound odd, but I've noticed that birds seem to enjoy playing some sort of game.. comparable to teenage boys trying to see who is tougher. Usually what occurs, is a bird quickly darts across the road just at tire-height, as if he wants to see just how close he can get without dying. Then he sits on the other side, and attempts it again and again with a few of his 'buddies.' This was probably just some form of this 'macho bird game' that ended horribly wrong for all three players.

Just my two cents.

top topics

join