It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Nugent on the 2nd amendment during a pbs interview.(He ask "Am I Wierd?")

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Here is a transcript of the interview
www.solopassion.com...

Evan Smith: “Second Amendment, gun control. You’ve been on the NRA’s board since 1995 and this is a subject that you may feel more strongly about than any other…make your case.” Ted Nugent: “I believe that a person moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves. The second amendment to me is so obvious to me, its insane that there is an argument. Let’s pretend there is no document. Let’s pretend brave families didn’t leave the tyrants and slave drivers of Europe, so that they could practise the religion of their choice, they could speak out without being murdered, that they could produce wool without the King’s men coming and taking it from them every season of harvest. Lets pretend none of this happened. Lets just pretend that this guy named Ted Nugent, parachuted down to earth and woke up one morning and saw all of these wonderful resources and had dreams of excellence and being the best that I could be. I don’t need a document and I don’t need another man to explain to me that I have the right to defend my gift of life. And that there is an argument in America from Hilary Clinton, from Barbara Boxer, Diane Feist, from a whole gaggle of numbnuts, who would try to tell me they will dictate where how and if, I can defend myself. I find that preposterous, I find that unacceptable and I will not accept it. I am a free man, DON’T Tread on Me, a good law abiding citizen, not convicted of a felony. The 2nd amendment of our bill of rights is my concealed weapons permit. PERIOD. That’s it.

Personally i am inline with his most his views.However we have to take into account that their is a system in place to breed criminals and it needs to be reversed.ie. the war on drugs and the war on poverty.
edit on 10-2-2012 by deadeyedick because: video

edit on 10-2-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

You hit the nail right on the head. If we didn't have such high poverty rates, that go mostly unnoticed, stemming mainly from the war on drugs, then weapons would largely be reconsidered defensive rather than criminal.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Got to love old Ted standing up for what he believes in. Even though people think he is wierd, he is very intelligent and proactive with the 2nd amendment and conservation issues. He and his views are well known where I'm from. If only more people would listen to him.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Pretty much,thats why I cannot be a cop.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What a terrorist!

Seriously.. There is a very real and powerful message there that most people ignore. As a human you have every right to defend your life. To tell someone they need permission to not die or to protect their family is ridiculous.

Such laws only affect those who obey the law. The very idea of restricting those who abide by the law from protecting themselves from those who do not follow the law is lunacy.

Starred for you , flagged for Ted..
edit on 10-2-2012 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
He must be on a roll.
He just owned Piers Morgan

edit on 12-2-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Great addition my friend.
Thanks and stay thirsty for truth.

edit on 13-2-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join