It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Said to Plan Dissolving Russian Ruling Party After Presidential Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Putin Said to Plan Dissolving Russian Ruling Party After Presidential Vote

www.bloomberg.com< br />

Prime Minister Vladimir Putin may dissolve his ruling party and create a new power base after next month’s presidential vote, according to two people familiar with the plans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Considering the tensions with Iran -- China and Russia might be influential in the coming months, certainly countries to watch. With a political powerplay such as this by Putin -- this might be an indicator of future events.

I'm not well-versed in Russian politics, but with Putin's own media now apparently "not afraid" anymore, perhaps this a reaction to this?

www.bloomberg.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Interesting... I think it has more to do with how unpopular he is right now. There are reports of massive voter fraud during the last parliamentary elections with the bulk of the fraud leveled at Putin's party. This simply might be a way for Putin to change the channel without changing the programming so to speak.

Its also possible he may be setting the stage for a massive shift in how the government is set up.

Either way I think this has more to do with Putin consolidating / keeping power than it is anything else.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Sounds to me like Putin may be consolidating and making plans for how to best face the war to come. He is, after all, one of the people helping to make it happen. The state of the art air defense systems Syria is running have 'Made in Russia' stamped on them. At least Iran apparently had to make domestic copies or buy the second grade Chinese versions.

I think we'll see right after the elections and he's officially restored to his seat of primary power just how Syria and Iran will be going as well as a number of other things in the world. Russia has been largely quiet for almost 20 years now, with the exception of taking Prestina by force during the peacekeeping operations there.

They're waking up though...and Putin is clearing the decks for a very active role in world events. That's just my feeling. I don't think we'll have long to wait though. Russia isn't in real good shape domestically and Putin needs something to move quickly for domestic attention away from how much people don't like the way things are.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Maybe the Putin's popularity has fallen recently, but I assure you that he will win even in the fairest elections.
The other candidates are even worse and actually are controlled opposition.
The ruling party has become very unpopular, so it is a good idea to make some re-branding.
The nature of the ruling party will not change if you dismiss one and create another one.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Interesting... I think it has more to do with how unpopular he is right now. There are reports of massive voter fraud during the last parliamentary elections with the bulk of the fraud leveled at Putin's party. This simply might be a way for Putin to change the channel without changing the programming so to speak.

Its also possible he may be setting the stage for a massive shift in how the government is set up.

Either way I think this has more to do with Putin consolidating / keeping power than it is anything else.

Yes, Putin is ex KGB guy. I wonder if he wants to just turn back the clock to 1961?

I see trouble ahead for Russia.

They will become more isolated.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FusionPower

More isolated from whom? Enemies who are encroaching on its borders and setting bases?

That would be better as focusing energies on oneself leads to lots of work getting done.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It won't take much to spark a Russian and Chinese spring.
I am sure they are aware of this. I would not be surprised if you start to see Russians protesting in mass soon. The Chinese, I am not so sure, they tend to crack down before anything really gets started.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Putin was president, then he wasn't, now he is president again and he will not give up his power again. Mother Russia has been reborn and Putin is carrying her in his arms. I have a feeling we will be seeing Red Stars and CCCP on their military equipment soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Not making the news in the USA>>>>

Putin has also issued a arrest warrant for international terrorist ,George Soros!

Will not see this in our 'corrupt' Marxist (AP)news services...And you know why and who owns them?..the 'terrorist ' himself!

Putin does some things right.

They need to arrest and deport this foreign nation traitor,Soros.
edit on 10-2-2012 by truthRconsequences357 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Sounds like the 2008 elections that we had in the USA.
We sure can't put Russia's electoral system ( or any communist or third world nation) down anymore.

edit on 10-2-2012 by truthRconsequences357 because: WC

new topics

top topics

join