It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars and Egypt Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was recently reading that the name if the city Cairo isn't actually Egyptian. It is an ancient Sumerian name that literally means the "planet Mars". To me this ties the pyramids in Egypt to the alleged pyramids on Mars together. Do you all think its a coincidence that the ancient Sumerians named the city Cairo after the planet Mars? Is there a connection between our pyramids and the ones on Mars?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Where did you read this?

And afte seeing some site with supposed pictures of the pyramids on mars, i remain very unconvinced they exist.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
They say the face on mars and the pyramids on mars are related to egypt....The face is a bit like the sphinx..is'int that crazy or what!!!!! I'm sure they know more about mars but it's top secret!

www.msss.com...

just type face on mars on google

Amelia
xxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No. The pyramid on Mars is a spectacular geologic formation. In what book did you read Cairo means Mars? I'd like to check that out.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I found this...

CAIRO m
Usage: English
Pronounced: KIE-ro
From the name of the city in Egypt, called Al Qahirah in Arabic, which was derived from al Qahir, the Arabic name of the planet Mars.

Behind the Name

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Man, that's really reaching.... And there are SEVERAL cities, etc. named for astrological constellations, stars, planets, moons, etc. Do THEY all have connections to their namesakes too? Uh...nope.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thanks to the Kevin Bacon game you can connect just about anything anymore

I too think this is stretching. I'd put a bit more faith in the thousands of archeologist that have spent the last 200-300 years researching the pyramids and their origins. I am sure that any variation in Cairo's translation would have been made by them.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
that mightbe true, if you'r into egyption mytology like i am, you'd see that a good deal of there writing deals with visators from the stars, which could be any of the planets, or, the name of a visiting alien beig, heck, maybe the slaves from egypt were sold to aliens, and then they bilt that face, like as a "bye earth' type deal.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here's a link to a large image file of Cydonia Mars Done my way by ESA. Showing what NASA and ESA are hidding from you. Showing the 4 Living Creatures Rev. 4:7 in the Bible.

metaresearch.org...

edit on 1-3-2013 by DigitalDeityDaddyDone because: link didn't send you to the right page

top topics

join