It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mitt romney gets macked in the fannie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
usa today source

im sure you all have heard mit "mittens" romney trying to discredit newt gingrich for his work with fannie and freddie, but what you may not know is that one of Mit Romneys michigan financial campaign member of his super pac has ties with these two companies and runs a "almost" monopoly on foreclosure industry in michigan.

WASHINGTON – A Detroit-area law firm that represents mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in foreclosure and eviction cases contributed $200,000 to a super PAC supporting Republican Mitt Romney for president.

With 96 attorneys, the Farmington Hills firm is one of two law firms in Michigan authorized by both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage underwriters, to represent mortgage servicers foreclosing on government-backed mortgages.

"David Trott, either through Trott & Trott or individually, has a complete monopoly on everything that goes on post-foreclosure on someone's home," said Steve Dibert of MFI-Miami, who works as a mortgage investigator for homeowners in foreclosure. Trott owns Attorneys Title, which researches and files deeds, the Detroit Legal News, which publishes the legally required foreclosure notices, and Trott Recovery Services, which manages abandoned properties for banks. "At each step of the way, there's a cha-ching that can be heard at Trott & Trott headquarters," said Oakland County, Mich., Treasurer Andy Meisner, a Democrat. "Not only are they making money hand over fist at people's misfortune, but it's more than that. Now they're taking a leading role in electing politicians that will see things their way."

Two Michigan counties — Oakland and Ingham — are suing Fannie and Freddie, accusing them of evading property transfer taxes by falsely claiming to be government agencies. Ingham Register of Deeds Curtis Hertel Jr., a Democrat, has named Trott & Trott as a defendant in his lawsuit, claiming the firm went beyond simply representing mortgage companies and instead played an active role in creating the financial arrangements. Trott has a history of supporting Republicans: Sen. John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign in Michigan was run out of the firm's office building. Trott donated $30,800 to the Republican National Committee last year.

seeing as i am a PAULBOT as so many here like to call us i thought this was a good article to share. there are many more implications to this story that don't really equate much to mit as they have all said that cant decide who supports them and cant be associated with their pacs, but at some point we got to say " come on, really, come on"
i also have a vested interest against the whole trott company for some really bad business ethics, other then what is stated in this article, so this was a twofer for me. please share and comment. i don't think that business's should be allowed to donate to a presidential campaign, the president is supposed to work for the people not the corporations and this whole superpac thing is garbage to me its just a scape goat for these slime to deny they know who is supporting them and what their supports say, and believe. You would think romney wouldn't want this guy any where near him at this point in the GOP race especially after Tuesdays polls showing losing ground. RONPAUL2012

join