It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum: Obama leading Christians to the ‘guillotine’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Strong words from candidate Santorum on the heels of His renewed campaign victories !!

Some might say the guillotine is too good for some others.

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum warned on Wednesday that President Barack Obama and other liberals are leading people of faith down a path that ends at the guillotine.

During a campaign event in Plano, Texas, the candidate charged Obama had an “overt hostility to faith.”

“When you look and see what the left is trying to do in America today, progressives are trying to shutter faith, privatize it, push it out of the public square, oppress people of faith, strip their charitable deductions away from them, trying to weaken them, churches — trying to say that anyone who believes in the value of Judeo-Christian principles,” Santorum explained.

He mentions some issues that may support his views (as well as others).

Link and Video to see for yourself and decide:
"They are taking faith and crushing it. Why?"

Santorum admitted that the U.S. was “a long way from that,” but if Obama had his way then “we are headed down that road,” citing the Obama administration’s decision to require nearly all private health insurance policies to cover family planning, including female contraceptives.

“Now is the time for America to rise up and say enough!” the GOP hopeful exclaimed.

What Say YOU ??

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I say it's frightening, all the talk of "faith" these days. It's too much. When I watch the US news, religion is coming up in everything as the core point - elections, birth control, education, war...

It's starting to seem like there's a lot of religious extremists south of our border.....

What ever happened to the separation between church and state?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
HE is a radical fundamentalist no different than an Islamic Imam or ayatollah. He preaches the GOP jesus message of Dominion-ism and war that is no different than the radical islamic.
This is Jesus' message for all you X-tians who have forgotten the words in red

"Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” -- Matthew 22:34-40

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?” He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.” But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’ “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?” The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.” Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.” -- Luke 10:25-37"

Pretty clear what the genuine Jesus said bout it. I think GOP jesus and his flaming sword are why religion is a bad thing and Just Loving God with all your hear, soul and mind are what will work and what any rational God would want.
APB
edit on 9-2-2012 by AmericanPitBull because: clarity

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You know something?

I think it's high time the christian majority of the US actually got a taste of the persecution they seem to crave. I am so sick and tired of hearing about the war on christmas every year, or how christians in this country have it so hard, and have their rights trampled. (Psst... here's a hint - you're the majority religion in this country! no one has ever pesecuted you nor denied your right to worship!)

I bet after a day of true persecution and being denied the right to worship as they see fit, they'd shut up for a VERY long time. The thought of christmas trees being forcibly removed from christian homes on christmas day would make me laugh SO hard.

PS- Yes, I do in fact worship Satan. The "Hail Satan" on my avatar and the 666 tattooed on my chest aren't just for fun and games.
edit on 9-2-2012 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanPitBull

Santorum might be trying to attract Catholic votes.

The Church has said they will recommend voting against Obama because of the Healthcare laws.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

LMAO! My high school was across the street from a catholic school and I grew up Mormon. If someone really tried to win votes in those blocks with "No Contraception" about 80% of the female portion would quietly vote Obama and for BC. My experience is the more repression the more expression. So if I wanted a reliable date who would "fool around" I went across the street or to a church dance.
APB

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
reply to post by xuenchen

LMAO! My high school was across the street from a catholic school and I grew up Mormon. If someone really tried to win votes in those blocks with "No Contraception" about 80% of the female portion would quietly vote Obama and for BC. My experience is the more repression the more expression. So if I wanted a reliable date who would "fool around" I went across the street or to a church dance.
APB

I remember things like that when I was a kid too !!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Santorum is a nutcase. This guy loves to use his faith as a campaign slogan almost, Im surprised he hasn't declared that Jesus wants HIM in office and not anyone else. I mean I'm all for faith in office after all we are one country under god, but come on this is 2012 I do not believe we need a religious fundamentalist and dare I say extremist in office. I live in Colorado and frankly am shocked by the latest caucus results, how this guy is getting people to vote for him is beyond me

If only the mindless elderly voters who are glued in to Faux could know the truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
America is a sad place when people listen to this radical idiot (Santorum).
2nd
edit on 9-2-2012 by IAmNotWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmNotWill
America is a sad place when people listen to this radical idiot (Santorum).

And vote for him.
edit on 9-2-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Seems to me like the story of obama forcing catholic churches to insure birth control has resulted in a win for santorum. And now santorum is pulling the christian card to get the angry votes.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Seems to me like the story of obama forcing catholic churches to insure birth control has resulted in a win for santorum.

The "story" is right. Obama isn't forcing Catholic Churches to do squat.

80% of Catholic women use birth control. The leaders of the Catholic Church (MEN) are throwing a fit, but the practitioners are loving this new rule.

The Catholic Church is all about appearances. All about the facade. They speak out of one side of their mouths, then diddle little boys behind the scenes... I don't know how anyone could belong to this religion. I'm getting sick of ALL religion.

But Obama isn't making churches do ANYTHING.

But of course, Santorum is using it. And he should get the Christian vote. It will be an interesting election.

edit on 2/9/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But Obama isn't making churches do ANYTHING.

Yes he is. You know he is.

Forcing the Catholic Church to provide free abortions and free birth control (by paying for the health care that provides it) is forcing the Catholic Church to go against it's faith-rules. It's just that simple. You can hate on the Catholic church all you want ... but the fact is that Obama IS forcing the Church to go against it's core-beliefs which is against the First Amendment.

You were shown that on this thread

As for your comments about pedophilia and how many Catholics follow the rules on birth control .. that's deflection and irrelevant to the FACT that the Obama administration is forcing the Church to go against it's rules of faith.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
What Say YOU ??

'Guillotine'?? I say ... over the top fear tactics. Both sides use it. So that means he's just like the rest.
He's right that this administration is trying to interfere with Christian Church groups but in an attempt to
get attention to his calling them out on it, he has gone over the top with the fear-factor rhetoric and
therefore made it so that no one will believe him now.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Forcing the Catholic Church to provide free abortions and free birth control (by paying for the health care that provides it) is forcing the Catholic Church to go against it's faith-rules.

That's Catholic Hospitals, not the Church. And there are no free abortions. That's hyperbole.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
American presidential candidates playing the faith card always makes me nervous.

I don't want religious fanatics in charge of one nuclear weapon never mind the worlds biggest.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Of course the idiot is gonna go to Texas and start ranting about Christians being negatively affected in some nonsense way or another because he KNOWS that Texas is very DEVOTED to the christian delusion.

Funny how these political devils in texas, or campaigning in texas, always have to rally the public with the Christianity-card!! Dumb fools eat it up like kids gulping down candy.

These devil politicians share [color=gold]ZERO character traits, or actions of that of the jesus character, yet the religious folks are TOO blind to see that they are PURE DEVIL POLITICIANS looking for their votes. AHEM, Perry... *cough* *cough* PERRY!!! He knows exactly what it takes do stay in that EXPENSIVE, tax-payer DRAINING Governors mansion as Governer there...

If these BUM politicians were campaigning in an extremist Middle-eastern Arab country, TAKE A GUESS what faith they will start rallying behind or for?????

This is just another case of Religious folks being "played" for their foolishness by politicians who will say any nonsense to rally them. [color=gold]And in Texas, THEY KNOW that they have PLENTY to work with on that one!!!

edit on 9-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What say i? First to mind came profanities, then i got angry.

More words: Incitement, fear mongering, terrorising, reactionary, extremist, stupid ... that they would so boldly introduce TALK of that nature should make you all very afraid. They talk about things before they implement them, have you noticed?

Rome plays both sides, old fashioned hegelian tactics, but they're talking about guillotening christians? If i said for example, let's go round up some (racist something) and pop a cap in them, i'd be arrested, and rightly so, whether i was joking or not. Civilised people don't DO that??

And i object to equating roman catholic and chistian.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
That's Catholic Hospitals], not the Church. And there are no free abortions.

You've been told this before .... on probably 8 threads ...
The CATHOLIC hospitals are outreaches from the CATHOLIC Church.
What part of 'CATHOLIC' don't you get?
Just because it isn't in a building with stained glass does not mean it isn't part of the CHURCH.

And yes .. if the Church is paying for birth control and abortions thru health care then those are free
birth control and abortion. That's just the truth of the matter.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You've been told this before .... on probably 8 threads ...

It doesn't really matter how many times I've been told. A hospital is not a church. The Catholics can't just stick their name on a business or social service and expect it to be treated with the same exceptions as a church is.

It is kind of interesting how Santorum and some others are making a "comeback" into the race. This race is wide open. Maybe Ron Paul WILL win!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join