It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noise and flash of light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This happened to me approximately a week ago...

I was in bed, debating if I wanted to get up and take my shower then or right before leaving for work that afternoon. Then I heard this really odd noise that sounded like it came directly from the soundtrack of a science fiction movie. (I live behind a little strip mall, and NONE of their alarms sound like that - I've heard them all at one point or another.) The sound lasted for 15-30 seconds, and ended as abruptly as it started.

After the sound ended I heard a lot of doors opening, people running outside and talking loudly (most often said was: "What the h e l l was that?").

Then there was a HUGE flash of brilliant white light. The light was so bright my entire bedroom was engulfed in the light (even through the closed blue curtains, and closed mini-blinds) for what seemed to be several seconds. It was a sunny day outside, but the "flash" was so bright that I couldn't see anything in my room OTHER than the white color from the flash.

I have no idea if there was any "lost time". I do remember looking at the clock AFTER the flash and my eyes had readjusted, and the clock read 11 (am).

I'd love to hear your theories.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Don't you just love it when that happens? Heh. Happened to me about 3 times. I wish I would of looked at a clock before hand. Anyways , yeah. You could of been abducted or maybe UFO was just passing through. Never know.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thunder and lightening maybe? What was the weather like?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I had mentioned that it was a sunny day outside.

Also - there were no helicopters or airplanes flying overhead. (Just for clarification...)

The "noise" really did sound like a special effect from a science fiction movie. It certainly did NOT sound like any store alarm I've ever heard.

The "flash" wasn't like any lightening strike I've ever seen either. Usually the room will light up a bit, but this "flash" filled the entire room with a bright white light. It was so bright that I could not see anything other than the color of white.

The entire "event" was extremely odd, IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yeah , the flash is what got to me. I could see everything fine , the computer , my desk , my bed , the walls , floor , etc. But all in white. It was quite odd.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I guess I don't have the gift of explaining myself clearly enough... I'm so sorry everyone!

I couldn't see ANYTHING except the color white. I couldn't see the outline of anything in my room at all. I was surrounded by the white color all around.

When the "flash" of white occurred I was afraid to move; afraid that accident-prone self would wander into something...

Edit: To clarify 1st paragraph

[edit on 9-16-2004 by andhow]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I take it you work early in the morning lets say 8am/9am if you saw the flash this early and you looked at the clock and it said 11am this is certainly a good few hour lost, or have i not understood your post correctly?
This is certainly strange.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I work 2nd shift (from 3-11pm). I stay up until 1am or so, then go to bed.

I normally wake up around 10-11am then get up and get ready for the day. This flash occurred after I woke up, but before I had gotten out of the bed.

When I looked at the clock after the flash, it read 11am.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   

andhow wrote:I was in bed, debating

ssshhh...thats too much information
And then you saw a flash of light...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ROFLOL!

I can assure you everything was "G" rated, heheheeee...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Only thing I've saw like that was just a series of small lights flickering off the walls in my living room. It looked like a reflection, but nothing from in my place could have caused that effect. Like in you're experience, the blinds were pulled. Dunno what it was. All I know is that it was wierd.

top topics

join