It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for an "experts" opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If cockpits where filled with water and the plane and pilot where fitted to accommidate, could the pilot withstand more G_Forces?
edit on 8-2-2012 by punisher2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by punisher2012

It is likely that the g-forces imposed through the medium of the water itself would crush the pilot, whereas air is highly compressible and not as massive.

The cyborgs in Halo (like Mastechief) are supposed to have fluid filled suits and bodies. The fluid solidifies on impact and so protects the cyborg from damage.

This is how Masterchief can jump from an aircraft in the upper atmosphere and survive the fall without a parachute.

It's also why he can't move for some time after landing. (please do not construe that I am saying that Halo is real. It's fiction).

edit on 8/2/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I think he means the pilot is almost "free" inside that water bubble, meaning it doesnt matter where the plane / ship is facing, turning or going up or down, the pilot would always be in the same position. He would "rotate" freely inside the liquid, like a fly in the middle of your glass of water, doesnt matter how much you turn the glass, the fly will never come near an edge of the glass and will always be facing the same direction.

As for eliminating the G forces... I dont know... I'm not a theoretical physicist. Have you tried Michio Kaku? Try to ask him that question, he prolly has the answer... in theory.

In my humble opinion, I think it would at least reduce g forces and of course, there wouldnt be any lateral Gs... but I have a problem with the Gs from up / down. Cant see a way to avoid those...

Btw... I didnt know Masterchief was a cyborg!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Mmmmm.
Dunno.
But thanks for asking, love a question that starts off chain reactions of thought along other avenues (it has for me ) but anyhoo back to your question.
I'm assuming you are basing this on the fact that the atmospheric pressure exerted by water would affect how the human body reacts to g force.

1) I am no expert
2) IMHO I'd imagine that variable air pressures inside cockpits could be created to mimic the effect of water on the body. They have probably tried it!
3) How much water would the cockpit need to contain for any discernible difference, would you need 10,000 litres of water in a cockpit to make any difference to the body's tolerance to G Force.
04 No matter what pressure the water exerted the pilot would have to be contained /insulated to normal human tolerance level via a pressure suit etc.

Therefore I'd say no. but thanks for asking anyway. I'm off to think about other stuff that you sparked off.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Maybe it would be filled with water. Completely so the pressure / weight of the water could be the same all around the body, therefore making outside changes unnoticed... its not a bad idea actually... hm... maybe it is possible to take the g forces out of the equation!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by HumansEh

Maybe it would be filled with water. Completely so the pressure / weight of the water could be the same all around the body, therefore making outside changes unnoticed... its not a bad idea actually... hm... maybe it is possible to take the g forces out of the equation!

Last time I checked humans aren't the same density as water. If you were in a sealed tank of water being hauled by a semi truck going 60 mph and it slammed on it's brakes do you think you'd just stay floating in the center? Not to mention you have sacs called lungs which are of a vastly different density than say your bones.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sorry guys I will try to be more specific, bear with me on the idea... fill a cockpit of an f16 fighter with water (pilot inside) o2 running for breathing. It would affect the planes prformance due to weight, yes and the insterments would have to be water proofed. Think about when you are in a swimming pool.... underwater things weigh less, yet are affected in a way that they are harded to move. I am on an airbase offten enough to think of crazy ideas when watching these f 18's. Pilots are behind in the jet world, the planes exceed the pilots limits due to G Forces. So I'm tring to think of ways to overcome this. I have considered that ufo's may have something more then antigravity devices to eleminate G - Forces. Just a thought but thank you very much for the responces.... here is a test put an egg inside of a container filled with water and smash it against a wall, if the egg is not on the contacting side of the contaner then it might survive..... maybe try shaking it violently when the (cup) is 100% full , in theroy a cup #aining water (100%) vs an empty one should prove for more promissing results.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by punisher2012

Pilots pulling High G's have problems with blacking out.

As you pull a tight "upward" turn, your blood runs to your feet, dangerously lowering blood pressure in the skull.

As a work around, pilots doing these type of maneuvers wear a pressure suit that compresses the body & limbs, pushing against the blood flowing downwards. Several pressure suit designs include water which also floods down and contributes to the pressure on the lower extremities, assisting in ensuring enough blood pressure to the head.

Water does not make you less massive. You only feel lighter because it buoys you up.

All the momentum effects still exist on the pilots body, even if you put the pilot in a tank of water.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Thanks for the insite, I knew the info about the blood being pulled and slowed due to G-Forces but for some reason it slipped my mind, and for some reason it seemed like being submerged would help.... I don't know why that keeps coming to mind but it does. Thanks for the post!

top topics

join