It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US militaries war on the Geneva Conventions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Seems the US military wants to destroy the Geneva Conventions. They don't want to follow those rules any more. So as you get fake news of the war on Christmas or the war on religion. Pumped out by the news on a regular basis. You hear nothing of the war on the Geneva Conventions that is taking place. It seems Bush and his regime is still at the dismantling of the Geneva Conventions. With his torture is legal because I want to and I got a judge to sign off on it. To arming military evac helicopters because they want to. Both of those are against the Geneva Conventions. But our military seems to think those rules should not apply to them just everybody else.

Convention (IV) relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War. Geneva, 12 August 1949.

Art.22. Aircraft exclusively employed for the removal of wounded and sick civilians, the infirm and maternity cases or for the transport of medical personnel and equipment, shall not be attacked, but shall be respected while flying at heights, times and on routes specifically agreed upon between all the Parties to the conflict concerned.

They may be marked with the distinctive emblem provided for in Article 38 of the Geneva Convention for the Amelioration of the Condition of the Wounded and Sick in Armed Forces in the Field of 12 August 1949. Unless agreed otherwise, flights over enemy or enemy occupied territory are prohibited.

Such aircraft shall obey every summons to land. In the event of a landing thus imposed, the aircraft with its occupants may continue its flight after examination, if any.

Heres the PDF of Todd Akin asking why are we following the Geneva Conventions.

akin.house.gov...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
In all fairness the military refused to arm military evac helicopters. But our Republican friend in Congress seems to wonder why. They just can't figure out why rules are being followed. I guess they just don't seem to think they apply to them.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Rules are kinda hard to follow when the enemy can't even read the rule book. What part of the medical evacuation helicopters being armed for defensive purposes is hard to understand when they're taking fire and rockets just as steadily as a gunship or troop transport chopper? The Geneva convention DOES allow for medics to be armed in a strictly defensive role, as I understand it. The fact the Medic corps is the refuge of the C.O. type objectors doesn't mean they CANNOT defend themselves. Many have chosen not to.

Oh..and I'm curious here...but what part of the Geneva Conventions covers the cutting off of prisoner's heads with small, dull knives...while they're fully awake and aware of what is happening to them? I missed the part where that was allowed. Hmm....

Oh well, but it's just the mean, nasty Americans who flaunt the conventions and ignore international law right? Of course.... Everyone else follows it to the letter, so only America should be publicly flogged for such disregard.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Our enemy doesn't have uniformed combatants neither do they adhere to any rules,they are Muslim supremacists therefore they can be treated as spies which means we can interrogate them and protect our noncombatant forces from them as necessary.For the most part we always follow the Geneva Conventions,which get's us killed ALOT,so don't wave a white hat in the US military's face when they are the last ones wearing one.

top topics

join