It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Veterans Must See This Interview.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Any of you ATS'rs out there who are veterans of the wars in the middle east really need to see this interview. It is a Coast To Coast AM interview from 1/10/2012. In the second hour, (40 minutes in.) George Noory speaks with Joyce Riley, and Dr Doug Rokke(also a vet) about the current health problems faced by Veterans and the growing problem the institutions are facing with the growing numbers of affected Veterans. They also speak of the use of depleted uranium and it's effects on Veterans health. If someone could imbed this in the thread for me that would be great. I can never seem to get them to work properly.

Mods: feel free to move if this does not coincide with this forum. Thanks.
edit on 7-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: embedded video

edit on 7-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
To embed a youtube video just copy the browser address which in this case is:

www.you tube.com/watch?v=miKCuDPfZK0 (I had to put a space between you and tube to disable link)

Remove everything before the "=" sign which leaves this: miKCuDPfZK0

Copy that into the bar above the Post a Reply box which says VID: YOUTUBE.

That's all there is to it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you very much. I'm gonna write that one down for future use.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

As a CBRNE trained NCO, I have always hooped and hollered (and ordered) Troops who were trophy hunting away from targets that I thought were targeted by DU rounds. Many didn't listen and are now paying the price because they snuck off and did it anyways.

I even briefed the Mechs on the dangers of burned out M1 Tanks.

All to often, I heard, "I'm just doing my job."

To which my reply was, "Doing your job now, without the proper precautions, can kill you later in lfe."

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I was in Fallujah In 2005/2005 and we just couldn't get away from the stuff. Not to mention all the other crap we were exposed to. That city was disgusting and after the battle it was ust heinous. It's sad that this stuff is happening.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I am a Gulf War Vet officially diagnose with GWI by the VA.

Joyce, and the American Gulf War Veterans Association, has done a lot to keep this issue alive, public, and pressuring the government to do something.

This new directive was recently released by the VA...

VA is taking action to transform medical care and services for Gulf War Veterans in seven key areas.

Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses: 2011 Task Force Report

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I had a team there as well. So far, they seem to healthy. And are currently deployed...again. Those days are over for me now as I am retired, unless of course, they recall me.

Inshallah.

Crap! I hate that phrase!

Plus most combat troops are young and think they are invincible. I'm amazed at how even first contact still does not affect that thought line.
edit on 8-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Not all GWI is caused by DU, I wasn't even on land so nowhere near the stuff.

The vaccines are now, unofficially, considered the major cause of GWI. People who had the vaccine after the war are also showing symptoms.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Thanks for the link to the VA info. Alot of good stuff on there. I hope that things will get better for us but somehow I don't see that happening.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Not all GWI is caused by DU, I wasn't even on land so nowhere near the stuff.

The vaccines are now, unofficially, considered the major cause of GWI. People who had the vaccine after the war are also showing symptoms.

I understand that. However, with the exception of the GG shot, I maneged to avoid the rest of the shots. I was in the Eighty Duece at the time and spent a lot of time at Pope prior to the official alert.

I never took the PB tabs either...so far, I seem to be fairly healthy, with the exception of getting older and the various pain that entails.

I guess I was a conspiracy theorist way back when. I just didn't trust them.
edit on 8-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: Oops!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by ANOK

Thanks for the link to the VA info. Alot of good stuff on there. I hope that things will get better for us but somehow I don't see that happening.

Yeah, not holding my breath. But it is nice to know we haven't been completely forgotten.

This might be worth checking into (pun intended lol)...

War Related Illness and Injury Study Center (WRIISC)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

The problem with the VA is that they are ...oh...so...slow.

My problem nowadays are my joints. Lots of aches and pain. The VA explains it away as getting older. Which is valid.

We see the same with Professional sports players. Of course they get paid more.

But for thirty years of my life, I pushed myself at a 17-20 year old age level, it wasn't asked of me, it was required. Now it is starting to take it's toll. I accepted that by being in my chosen profession.

I like to think of myself as fairly healthy, but the tuth be told, I am starting to wonder.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I understand that. However, with the exception of the GG shot, I maneged to avoid the rest of the shots. I was in the Eighty Duece at the time and spent a lot of time at Pope prior to the official alert.

I never took the PB tabs either...so far, I seem to be fairly healthy, with the exception of getting older and the various pain that entails.

OK sorry no probs bro. Funny, well not so funny anymore my memory is getting worse, but I don't remember what shots I actually got, and my medical record from my complete service is missing, along with many other GW vets. So technically even though I have been diagnosed, because I have symptoms they can find no cause for, I am only guessing it's the vaccine because there is no alternative. It could have been the Navy chow for all I know lol. I do know that where I was stationed was close to a major distribution point for the vaccine, and I know we got shots before we deployed. But then that baked tuna & noodles could be pretty brutal...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

OK sorry no probs bro. Funny, well not so funny anymore my memory is getting worse, but I don't remember what shots I actually got, and my medical record from my complete service is missing, along with many other GW vets. So technically even though I have been diagnosed, because I have symptoms they can find no cause for, I am only guessing it's the vaccine because there is no alternative. It could have been the Navy chow for all I know lol. I do know that where I was stationed was close to a major distribution point for the vaccine, and I know we got shots before we deployed. But then that baked tuna & noodles could be pretty brutal...

In the army I hated Chicken for ten years.

But in a sense, I was lucky, I was a Air Force brat and my Dad told me to always maintain my own personnal copy of my admin and nedical files. (He learned the hard way when his records was a fire in St. Louis.

I listened to him and have passed on that wisdom to every Soldier I have ever met.

It has paided off for me...though not without bumps in the road.

There are always those who say, "Prove it."

At which point, I have my documentation. That is key.
edit on 8-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What's been done to us was all planned long ago.

They KNEW we were going to have to ship all those chemical weapons back out of Europe...and from around the world. And many veterans got exposed to minute doses of chemical agents handling all that material....or being stationed at places where that stuff was being shipped out from.

The Navy boys wiffed a little bit of it sailing it back to the US. We exposed ourselves to the stuff as it was moved/dismantled/ and exposed of. We shipped alot of it to an island in the pacific to 'incinerate it'. They had accidents there and that stuff blew towards places we had Americans....

Veterans dying from exposure to many many things.....used as guinea pigs.....

Back in the day our military used to use chemicals like mad and dumped it in the ground to get rid of it/ installation dump. All the water sources for the military became poisoned.....

We didn't need an enemy to kill us. We were killed by our own. Why? We had an Officer Corps who were only worried about: Booze....drugs....and women. No one old and knowledgeable were put into positions to control the madness for a reason.

One day these Mexicans are going to wake up and realize....white boyz all killed themselves off up North.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's an overall travesty what has happened to us. What makes it worse is that now that we are home and angry about the problem, somehow that makes us terrorists. This could be the very reason for that happening. What better way to keep things quiet than lable us all terrorists and drag us away where we can't be heard. I hope Karma is on it;s way to all those responsible for this.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

In the army I hated Chicken for ten years.

But in a sense, I was lucky, I was a Air Force brat and my Dad told me to always maintain my own personnal copy of my admin and nedical files. (He learned the hard way when his records was a fire in St. Louis.

I listened to him and have passed on that wisdom to every Soldier I have ever met.

It has paided off for me...though not without bumps in the road.

There are always those who say, "Prove it."

At which point, I have my documentation. That is key.

Yeah that's the smart thing to do, wish I'd known to do that. Not really that big of a deal now though, as I don't have to prove anything, my symptoms are proof enough. No one is officially blaming the vaccines anyway, the cause is still a mystery.

edit on 2/8/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Though your symptoms are proof enough, Valuable time may have been lost during the diagnoses. I feel for ya.

If anything, now that I am retired I continue the mission of educating those who serve. Whether in a bar, church or grocery store.

What you don't know, may very well kill you.
edit on 9-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Something new...

....The results indicate abnormal central processing of sensory and painful stimuli in 2 of 3 variants of Gulf War illness and call for a more comprehensive study with a larger, representative sample of veterans.

FMRI reveals abnormal central processing of sensory and pain stimuli in ill Gulf War veterans.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Thanks for the link. Hopefully more information will arise from the many studies happening right now.

top topics

join