It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to become a Delegate in the Caucus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just wondering how I can become a delegate for Ron Paul here in Missouri? The caucus is March 17th and I would love to stand in solidarity with the candidate of my choice.

If anyone has the answer for me I will do whatever it takes.
edit on 7-2-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just adding in here that I am NO POLITICIAN, and have no desire to play any role in government, but am willing as I said to stand up for Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Interesting that I do not have one reply. Does anyone know how this process works? I am open and willing, but would like a little coaching before I reply to my local sponsor. I have already been told I should do it by the supporters in my area...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Maybe this will help?
It's from the Daily Paul.

edit: Ok, that link just gives you this link.
From that site:

How to Become a Delegate to the Republican National Convention from Your State

There are 3 options to choose from in order to get information on how to become a delegate to your GOP conventions.

Please consider doing all 3; If that's too much, pick the one you're most comfortable with. Perform the "Strategies For Success" below to solidify your chances of becoming a delegate. Contact: [email protected] if you have any questions.

Option 1) Contact your RPCC State Coordinator—Ask how you can become a Ron Paul delegate.
(Another RP link: www.ronpaul2008.com... )

Option 2) Organize with others in your local meetup (ronpaul.meetup.com) and get current and former delegates to talk about the delegate process. By having a majority of Ron Paul supporters, you'll easily get all your delegates to the next phase.

Option 3) Look over your state rules and process (step C below). Next, contact your County GOP organization (step C below) and ask for information on how you can become a delegate to the GOP Conventions and for the rules for all the conventions (especially precinct convention).

edit on 8-2-2012 by subject x because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
this member here might help you

Originally posted by capone1
I was voted in as a delegate for Ron Paul yesterday.

from this thread
edit on 8-2-2012 by Dr UAE because: to add a link

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
OK, so this is not rocket-science, however there are some tricks of the trade that can be learned to be a stand out delegate, lets together take a look at this little treasure:

The only way for Ron Paul to become President is if he gets the GOP nomination; The only way for Ron Paul to get the GOP nomination is if we become delegates. As delegates, we’ll be voting to pick the GOP nominee just like the electors in the electoral college vote to pick the President; Delegates determine and decide who the GOP nominee it’s that critical! There hasn’t been a brokered convention for more than 60 years! And the good news is that Ron Paul doesn’t have to win a single state to get the GOP nomination; He just needs to win the delegates! So your delegate vote will count that much more; In other words, Ron Paul can secure the GOP nomination with your vote!

You typically start at your precinct (district) convention as a delegate and work your way up to state, and finally, the RNC; But it may even be as easy as calling your Secretary of State Elections Division, signing some forms and getting signatures! Ron Paul supporters will walk through rain, snow, ice, fire, hazardous waste for this revolution so performing the aforementioned will be a cakewalk.

Please watch the video below and peruse the instructions on how to become a delegate for Ron Paul. Afterwards, get together with your family, friends, local Meetup groups (use the Freedom Atlas to find a local “meetup”) to discuss and organize how to flood your conventions with Ron Paul delegates. If we don’t become delegates, then Ron Paul will not get the GOP nomination. If Ron Paul doesn’t get the GOP nomination, then the Ron Paul Revolution is OVER. Don’t let this happen: Become a Delegate!

Why is it Important to Become a Delegate? Delegates control everything in their party, from the bylaws and platform to even what candidate gets to run on their partys ticket. Yes the delegates can actually control what candidates get placed on the ballots. This is complete control of the party and gives us the tools we need to take the GOP and every other party back to it’s roots. How Do I Become a State Delegate? (necessary) 1. Register to vote today as a Republican. The sooner the better, because there will be pre-registration deadlines to meet generally a month or two before the caucus. You will need to check your county or state for specific dates, because these vary. 2. Vote in your Caucus and run to be a delegate to the Republican state assembly who represents your county precinct. 3. It all starts at your precinct so peruse your state’s delegate process to the RNC (Republican National Convention) This is optional if other Ron Paul supporters are also running for the RNC in your state. You can just vote for them instead of running yourself. It’s critical that we become delegates or all our hard work will be in vain. Become a delegate and we’ll get to hear Dr. Ron Paul giving his Inaugural Address in 2013

ronpauldelegates.wordpress.com...

edit on 8-2-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thank you friends for the great advice and links. This is something which in just this election I see as so important in the process. I never knew before or had the initiative to really do much other than go to the polls, wow, have I begun to grow up.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Thank you friends for the great advice and links. This is something which in just this election I see as so important in the process. I never knew before or had the initiative to really do much other than go to the polls, wow, have I begun to grow up.

Hey antar. Good to see youre interested. It is easier than people think. When at your caucus, ask the workers at the registration table about becoming a delegate. They will probably say something about waiting until you break up into precinct groups. Once you are in your group, you can nominate yourself. The size or your precinct, or the people from your precinct who showed up, you can get a good grip on whether you want to or not. If there are more self-nominations than delegates allowed in your room, then each nominated person will give a short speech. (The unwritten rule is 30 seconds to 3 minutes.) Again this dependos on the amount of people in your room, and the person running the show. I would recommend EVERYBODY to try it. Go there with an open mind. Prepare a little speech, and if you end up not wanting to do it, that's fine! Atleast you are still there to vote for other delegates who nominated themselves. (Note: Ron Paul supporters, only vote for other delegates who support Ron Paul!)

You are not supposed to give away the candidate you support, but you can wear a button or a sticker, or exaggerate your candidates views to get other people to vote for you. People, the number of delegates ultimately end up choosing who is the GOP nominee! So if you don't wanna be a delegate, that's fine! Just go to your caucus to vote for OTHER potential delegates who support your candidate of choice.
edit on 8-2-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Will do, seems I am flowing with this amazing river, and it is also a feeling deep inside that the people are going to make this happen if only we continue to believe we can. That may have sounded a bit corny, but words fail me when it comes to everything I have seen during this election, I should be angry as hell but instead I will take the high road and that is the path to the caucus.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ron Paul will not get enough votes to qualify any of his delegates so its pretty much a waste of time.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

Can you source your comments please?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

]

Why would I source an opinion?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Apathy is strong with this one...

But as an aside, I've messaged the OP with information that he's requested.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed

]

Ah, ok gotcha. Just thought for a minute you may have had something concrete behind your comments. Lets just keep creating that reality we wish to see.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just throwing this back up on the main page, I feel that this is very important information for anyone who is in support of our future.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed

]

You know what they say about opinions.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ok so have been running strong for Dr. Ron Paul since this thread, well 08 as well but did not have a clue as to what the process was. I am a delegate and will do all I can tomorrow at County Caucus and if all goes well in April for the state votes and then June for the congressional votes.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well up against a room full of snatorum supporters I was voted in as a delegate for Division and an Alternate for state... MISSOURI is not messing around now I kid you not!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is FAR from over, and just remember that President Lincoln walked into the National convention without a single delegate and walked out with the nomination! Stay strong Patriots for Liberty!

top topics

join