It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Virtual Tour of the Sistine Chapel in Rome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
www.vatican.va...

The virtual tour is courtesy of the Vatican Library.

The Sistine Chapel takes its name from Pope Sixtus IV, who restored the old Cappella Magna between 1477 and 1480. Prior to restorations a Cappella Maggiore (Grand Chapel) is recorded as existing in1368. By the time of its demolition (to give way to the new one) the Cappella Maggiore was in a ruinous state.

Sixtus IV celebrated the first mass in the Sistine Chapel at which ceremony the chapel was consecrated and dedicated to the Virgin Mary.

The Chapel is famous for its architecture and its decoration that was frescoed throughout by Renaissance artists including Michelangelo, Botticelli, Perugino and many others. They created a series of frescoed panels depicting the life of Moses and the life of Christ full with symbolism.

Today the Sistine Chapel is the official residence of the Pope in Vatican City. It is the site of the Papal conclave.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's amazing how a beautiful place can be the motherland of so many lies.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

maybe we just have to dig deeper and look closer. revelations are in everything i reckon.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

As a christian, I can tell, the places where I found more sinners are churches, that includes me. I appreciate churches as artistic expressions with hidden messages. Never payed attention to the preachers, they have lousy audio systems and it's hard to understand what they say.

new topics

top topics

join