It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was the Mysterious, Explosion-Like Light Coming From a Russian Power Plant?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

What Was the Mysterious, Explosion-Like Light Coming From a Russian Power Plant?

www.theblaze.com

The flashes at the plant, which is operated by Lenenergo according to Now Public, last for five impressive seconds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here's the blast from another angle:

edit on 2/7/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/7/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This would really freak me out. I would have expected something serious to have happened. Is anyone else amazed at 1) the calm/lack of reaction by the car’s driver (perhaps it was the soundtrack) and 2) how long it took for cars to start breaking in stunned amazement? Authorities say it was a technical malfunction and caused a temporary black out in the area.

www.theblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Also, did anyone else hear the bursts of static on the car's radio before the blast? Could it be related?
edit on 2/7/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: added additional thought in the form of a question

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I bet it has something to do with Iranian terrorists. they are now in bed with Iran and are sending them nukes and material to make them. I am almost sure an Iranian was at the plant and caused this "accident" it is too much coincedence

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
looks like a transformer blew up

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
looks like a transformer blew up

Agreed ... that is exactly what it was.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yea, you can see smoke at the end of the second video in the mid-right at the end.

Transformer and a big one!

edit on 7/2/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I have seen a transformer blow while driving in a thunderstorm. It looked identicle to the video.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronxbull
I bet it has something to do with Iranian terrorists. they are now in bed with Iran and are sending them nukes and material to make them. I am almost sure an Iranian was at the plant and caused this "accident" it is too much coincedence

Look a big spark
OMG THE IRANIANS

Bro, it's all a puppet show
And what iranian terrorists, Iran has never invaded another country ever, check your history

But it's all a puppet show
If I make you and your neighbour fight like crazy both of you will buy a gun from me

The UN Security council are 5 members that are supposed to maintain world peace
They are also the biggest arms dealers on the planet

Catch my drift?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
We can only imagine what it might be.
Someone had to say it

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Transformer blew up it looks like. The power went out. Does not look like a C4 detonation or explosives for that matter. The smoke would be white=ish.

The black smoke is something burning - the smoke is heavy and moving in a straight upward pattern meaning the particles in the smoke are heavy and something exploded from the inside out , notice also the mushroom effect - showing an air pressure change which is normal , but is pulls inward leading to that an enclosed container blew outwards. If the material was on the outside youll see a lot wider smoke pattern and youll notice two smoke patterns separated in two different directions or showing a noticeable separation between the black / white / grey /red / yellow smoke and suggesting something caused a puncture and then the material reacted to this puncture and the contents of the smoke are attracted to each other creating two distinguishable patterns , though they will mix in a few seconds. You will also notice generally that a smoke pattern occurs first , opposite the black smoke if puncturing a contained object.

There are several ways to tell certain types of explosions apart this was a self contained explosion , meaning the explosives come from within - not under , on top , or beside it.

Most likely a transformer or facility malfunction with another power related object.
edit on 8-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I just caught this on yt

I went to RT -- there is nothing on it at all

I sure hope it is not a nuclear plant but haven't been able to find much information

I certainly looked like a very large explosion

if it is a major transformer it will cause a major disruption in there power distribution as I have read that the lead time on these major transformers are months to years

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Its the Pink Floyd laser show back in town

Im going with transformer also

new topics

top topics

join