It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detention Camps for US Citizens: Ashcroft's Hellish Vision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Attorney general shows himself as a menace to liberty.

by Jonathan Turley

Atty. Gen. John Ashcroft's announced desire for camps for U.S. citizens he deems to be "enemy combatants" has moved him from merely being a political embarrassment to being a constitutional menace.

Ashcroft's plan, disclosed last week but little publicized, would allow him to order the indefinite incarceration of U.S. citizens and summarily strip them of their constitutional rights and access to the courts by declaring them enemy combatants.

The proposed camp plan should trigger immediate congressional hearings and reconsideration of Ashcroft's fitness for this important office. Whereas Al Qaeda is a threat to the lives of our citizens, Ashcroft has become a clear and present threat to our liberties.

The camp plan was forged at an optimistic time for Ashcroft's small inner circle, which has been carefully watching two test cases to see whether this vision could become a reality. The cases of Jose Padilla and Yaser Esam Hamdi will determine whether U.S. citizens can be held without charges and subject to the arbitrary and unchecked authority of the government.

Hamdi has been held without charge even though the facts of his case are virtually identical to those in the case of John Walker Lindh. Both Hamdi and Lindh were captured in Afghanistan as foot soldiers in Taliban units. Yet Lindh was given a lawyer and a trial, while Hamdi rots in a floating Navy brig in Norfolk, Va.

www.raidersnewsupdate.com...

It is very difficult to discern the right from wrong the good from evil, anyone out there have a proven formula? Crap like this makes one wonder! In this age of instant knowledge where can you place your trust. The evidence is everywhere and supports no one. Follow the money is the only logic I have been able to trust in!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Japanese in WW2 ring a bell?
Come on citizens in the most countries are seen as nothing more than "human resources" by the industial complex.
Little production robots if you will, thats all they will ever be to those on top : stuff that makes the factory bring home $$$.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What is there to wonder about
, heck, they want to get a Neo-Nazi camps set up so they can treat people any way they want, just as Hitler did.

Hitler / Bush = same thing their both insane.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. I was looking at a few guns yesterday. NOW I�m going to get them�dark times in America�dark times�good old A$$croft

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
are these the same as the FEMA camps that alex jones makes such a fuss over?

more proof they are not concerned with our well being, and only concerned with the stability and security of the federal government.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWolf420
Thanks for the info. I was looking at a few guns yesterday. NOW I�m going to get them�dark times in America�dark times�good old A$$croft

ya, I am thinking about stocking up on a few lead pushers also, I am not into guns but the way things are shaping up.. I would rather be prepared to exersize my 2nd admendment than to be carted off somewhere i didnt want to be in the 1st place....

Ironically in all this.. I smell a civil war a brewing in the good old USofA

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Last WEEK?!?

Pls check your facts, this article by Mr. Turley was first published in the Los Angeles Times, DATE: 14 August 2002.

Repeat: 2002

That's why I was wondering what's so new about it...

COMSEUR

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
not only that, A William Cooper wrote this story in 1988. it's called "Behold a Pale Horse."

it is fear-inducing to an extent that the camps, or something very similar is what is being used in G-Bay right now. i don't think this is something that our government will need or will ever think it needs, though, because there have been only a very few Terrorists or "enemy combatants" that have been US citizens- Unabomber, Timothy McVeigh and whomever it was that sent all that anthrax in 2001. if it does happen for real, we definitely WILL have something to worry about though, because that will mean that the definition of "citizen" will have changed and instead of the US Constitution and Bill of Rights LIMITING our freedoms, it will ENUMERATE them.

not a conspiracy believer, but there are a few of them i continue to pay attention to, just in case......

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by COMSEUR
Last WEEK?!?

The article itself has "last week". Tutu simply used copy&paste.

Every generation has had Ropers and Ashcrofts who view our laws and traditions as mere obstructions rather than protections in times of peril. But before we allow Ashcroft to denude our own constitutional landscape, we must take a stand and have the courage to say, "Enough."

Damn straight!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yes Bangin, but there was no mention of the timeline, unless I've missed that, ie, it was presented as "news"...

COMSEUR

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Patriot Act, camps, etc. All go hand in hand.

They are preparing for something. They are leaking things out in the media, or someone is on purpose. I can tell you that our media is controlled and they don't air or allow things to be written unless they want them to be or it is a hoax. They are making it hard for people to determine reality from illusion or false.

Like Thoreau, sometimes you have to literally push the world or society out of your life to get a better perspective to reality. It really does work. Even if it means walking away from technology. Many people don't do this because they don't want people to think they are crazy and they are too attached to the comforts the world has to offer.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well America is Alex Jones just a nut, or is he talking the truth?
I guess you will find out when George wins again in Nov.

POLICE STATE
There can no longer be any doubt. America is transforming into a police state. Local and state governments, megaglobal corporations and even communist dictatorships are being merged globally into a colossal world government.
This world government is hell-bent on consolidating the resources of individuals, governments, sole-proprietorships, churches, charities, political parties, and armies under its unaccountable, unelected quasi-governmental bureaucracies, like the WTO, IMF, World Bank, Central Banks,i.e. US Regional Governorship (Federal Reserve).
As individual as well as institutional resistance mounts to this modern megalomaniacal takeover, the control-freak psychotics of the CFR, Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg Group are using all of their considerable influence to create a perceived enemy threat to the expanding paramilitary forces bristling at every layer of government.
The new enemy, the new threat is, in reality, the lone individual simply trying to live his or her life who wishes to control their own destiny. Make no mistake, you are slated for dehumanization.
To you I ask the question: If we have gone along quietly with all of the overt despotic outrages, like land grabbing, gun grabbing, the attacks on national sovereignty, deindustrialization, out-of-control regulation and an endless list of other horrors without becoming violent, what is it that the establishment has planned, using its occupational government, that is so bad that its social engineers know that we will revolt in mass?
The preparations for mass oppression have been underway for decades. Remember this, we are 280 million Americans. We outnumber the dehumanizers and their power-mad minions conservatively 500 to 1.

Be aggressive, be bold, spread the word from coast to coast, never turn in your guns, mobilize, use our most powerful weapon -- the truth about the wickedness of world government, the enemy's own publications, to discredit them with their own words.
Never surrender.
Alex Jones
12/05/00

There is massive military activity in and around the Desoto National Forest of Mississippi. Local eye- witnesses tell of Red Dawn-like scenarios with foreign military forces conducting roadblock checkpoints. These photos were sent to Alex Jones by one of his radio listeners. This is obviously some type of detention/training camp for American and Eastern block forces. This story is developing - more details coming up.

Wide shot of the entrance to the camp. Notice the sign is in English and Russian (enlargement of sign below). The arrows point out concertina (razor wire), a weapons collections station and concrete barracudas.

A slight zoom in on the sign at the entrance. Notice the text is in both English and Russian. English text reads: "SFOR Checkpoint"

To the left of the entrance, you can see a gun tower and search lights. Concertina (razor wire) and a 10' wall surrounds the facility.

A shot of the guard shack and watch/gun tower from a different/closer angle. Notice how much razor wire is in use.

This shot shows a portable prison move in on trucks, as well as another gun tower and more search lights.

more at Alex Jones

www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
These camps have been reserved for the CBS news department and
Dan Rather.

You might worry if your a Democrat

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Heh, is that what makes you sleep better at night? The fact that you are a Republican? Nothing to worry about?

heh heh heh....

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
well, now that the assault weapons ban is dead, THAT's what keeps me comfy.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
These camps have been reserved for the CBS news department and
Dan Rather.

You might worry if your a Democrat

Now that's a good one SIRR1, damned good one.
. I got to go smoke!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So sorry for posting what is considered out dated info. Perhaps that is because the Patriot Act is working and new news is difficult to obtain. But thoughts and observations can still be found. I can personally attest that there are quite a few sites I used to visit last year that are off limits this year. That tells me restrictions are being put in place.
I hope you find this interesting.

Under a red alert everyone is confined to their homes. Anyone caught outside their homes is considered a terrorist and a threat to national security. Under such conditions it would be easy for the Bush administration to round up opposition leaders and send them to concentration camps that already exist. Bush's daddy signed the bill creating additional concentration camps while he was president. As indicated earlier, this plot has been well planned. The orange alerts in the past have served as trial runs in preparation just as the threat to close the Canadian border at Christmas time was a trial balloon to gage the opposition to such a move.

Whether real or not the red alert would effectively cancel the election under a cloud of plausibility. A large number of people would naively believe the threat was real. With the opposition hauled off to the camps and held incommunicado a delayed election would assure Bush of victory.

While such a plot may seem preposterous to many, there have been other such plots in the past. Bush senior in fact threaten congress twice with martial law, once during the Church Committee hearings (back off or face martial law) and again during the height of Iran/Contra hearings. The military have carried out exercises in executing Garden Plot and Cable Splicer. Both operations involve rounding up opposition leaders in an event of a national emergency and transporting them to transient detention centers from which they are shipped to concentration camps. Lists of the various people to be rounded up have been rumored to exist.
portland.indymedia.org...

And much more here,

www.oilempire.us...

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The only American to hold other Americans in an interment camp was the Democrat idol,

Franklin D Roosevelt.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

sauron, you surely make me laugh!! Not sure where you got those pictures, but you are barking up the wrong tree!!!

The site in the pictures is part of the Joint Readiness Training Center. JRTC is a joint Army/Air Force training program that has been going on for YEARS!!! It teaches many things, one of which is interaction with civilians in an occupied territory, both hostile and friendly, as well as POW operations. Everybody wears MILES gear, and if a civilian is hurt, it a bad thing. SFOR (the good guys) have to protect their territory, the airfield, and the civilians and POWs under their protection from OPFOR (the bad guys) in very realistic war games. The exercises are held every month with Army, Air Force, and even NATO forces taking part. If you look closely, you can even see SFOR on one of the signs.

It has NOTHING TO DO with incarceration of US citizens.

Love the pics though. Brings back memories!!!

What some people will believe.....Alex Jones...my god, anyone who believes a word that guy says deserves to look foolish...

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

new topics

top topics

join