It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Replaces Entire Staff After Sex-Assaults...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Los Angeles schools Supt. John Deasy told parents Monday evening that the district is replacing the entire staff of Miramonte Elementary School in the wake of the arrests last week of two teachers on lewd conduct charges.

The displacement could be temporary: Many, maybe all, of the current staff will be returned to the school eventually, officials said. In the interim, their places will be filled by qualified teachers and other workers already on a placement or rehiring list.

So they are replacing around 150 staff members in the school.

They are keeping the teachers and staff on the payroll, and basically giving them a paid vacation.

Do you think they are going about this the correct way?

I am pretty indecisive on this one. From one side, I think having to replace the entire school's staff and wasting money doing so is just bad business. On the other hand, two teachers have already been caught, which means there very well may be more cases to come out.

If we were still allowed to have public hangings for people like this... we wouldn't even be having this conversation. That's my honest opinion.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I kind of like the idea. It will cost a lot of money to bring in and pay replacement staff as well as pay the staff they put on leave during the investigation. Is it worth it? I am tempted to say yes.

Investigate each staff member thoroughly, weed out the pedophiles, creeps and other staff that has no business being around children and keep the good staff...

Yea, it's a pretty big move, but if it eliminates any potential harm to the children, Well, maybe it is worth the cost.

I don't know if my stance will be popular or not, but I do my best to call it like I see it. So, it is what it is.
edit on 6-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

There are plenty of available candidates: Over the last several years, thousands of instructors and other non-teaching staff were laid off because of budget cuts; the vast majority are considered fully qualified employees who lost work simply because they lacked sufficient seniority

These "replacements" were most likely hired under the same guidelines as the 150 they are replacing.
I fail to see how that "builds confidence"
They need to revisit their hiring process and background criteria, but I can see where they feel like they have to do something quickly to calm the masses.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I say we should ditch the communist teachers union and do away with mandatory public education.

top topics

join