It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No. 2 Reactor - Danger of Re-critcality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

fukushima-diary.com...

Tokyo Electric Power Co. injected boric acid into a reactor at its crippled Fukushima nuclear plant to prevent an accidental chain reaction known as re- criticality. Tepco, as the utility is known, and the government announced that the Fukushima plant reached a cold shutdown on Dec. 16

Cold shutdown??? Pffffffftttttt.

Reactor 4 full of fuel.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Reactor 2 back in business.

I know Tepco and the Japanese Government are covering things up, but I also think that they have no conclusive idea how to solve this.

edit on 6-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Awesome, Godzilla is going to be born.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Listening to the Joe Rogan podcast, he was just talking about this.. says a UFC fighter from Japan has been using a geiger counter to test food, and it detects radiation.
Also, like you said, there is a cover up.. whatever they say the problem is, I assume its at LEAST twice as bad.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Listening to the Joe Rogan podcast, he was just talking about this.. says a UFC fighter from Japan has been using a geiger counter to test food, and it detects radiation.
Food was radioactive long before Fukushima.

Not that I trust what TEPCO or the Japanese government says, as I think they are still trying to downplay the issues. For example I was skeptical of the cold shutdown claims, and now this talk about recriticality seems to indicate that my skepticism may have been justified.

The question is, is the food more radioactive than it was before Fukushima? Just saying it's radioactive isn't saying anything, nearly all soil on Earth has some level of radioactivity to it, and of course when you grow plants in radioactive soil, the plants have natural radioactivity.

It's the increase in radioactivity attributable to Fukushima that's of interest, and just using a Geiger counter with no other reference won't give you that.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Some film shot in #2. Lots of rad strikes.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Aircooled, what exactly is happening in that youtube vid?
Is all the flickering and small specs something important? or is it just dust/dirt..

sorry if its a dumb Q

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Aircooled, what exactly is happening in that youtube vid?
Is all the flickering and small specs something important? or is it just dust/dirt..

sorry if its a dumb Q

Thats what radiation looks like when captured on camera. Some astronauts have mentioned that when they are in space they can close their eyes and see similar "sparkles" which is the radiation.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Wow no kidding.. im watching that again!

top topics

join