It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***Overwhelming Debt? Here Are A Few Steps To Help!!***

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

The begining of the thread is sovereign citizen stuff, the rest goes directly into debt, and the game that we have learned and sometimes force to play.

Even if you never plan on doing anything like this, just knowing how it works and prevent getting into any other debt again. You can learn how they trap ordinary people, and how to always make sure that your rights are met. There are hundreds of thousands of complaints from people getting threatening phone calls, by collection agencies.

Collection agencies actually bought your debt at a lower price, and is paid, all they have to get you to do, is agree to now pay them, and if the price is different from the original they can add a charge just for themselves.

I cannot give advice on what you should actually go and do, I am giving the info to look over yourselves, and see that this is a small scale for regular folks, and when you see it massive like in places like Greece its the same game, and now the responsibility falls on the people.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Debt collectors troll threads like this, always saying people are wrong and stuff.
Truth is, you can send a cease and desist letter if they are bugging you. You can tell them to only communicate with you by mail or email.
Going bankrupt is often,IMO the best solution to dealing with them, which is sad, because it might force other creditors to lose out too, because if you are going to do that, you might as well file on EVERYTHING you can- when you maybe COULD just sacrifice one debt.r

No, also, if you admit to the debt, or pay anything, it starts the clock running again on the statue of limitations. Best thing, talk to a lawyer, they'll tell you - and some are even so bold as to start counter suing for harassing people or violations of the fair credit reporting act.

I agree. People should be super leary of credit. If I had it to do over, I doubt I'd have ever bought a house. I'd have taken my money and bought some land and lived in a small trailer until I could build one. I would.
edit on 27-6-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join