It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temperature Soars Mysteriously Inside Fukushima Nuclear Reactor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
When will we get the straight scoop as to what is going on at the Fukushima Nuclear Plant?

The temperature of Reactor #2 at Japan's stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant has soared overnight and remained mysteriously high Monday, despite more water being pumped through it.

On January 27th, the reactor's internal temperature was 113º F, Monday the temperature soared to 164º F. Japanese authorities require that the reactor temperature remain below 176º F.

Temperature Soars Mysteriously Inside Fukushima Nuclear Reactor

To further the idea that things may likely be worse than thought, ABC News is reporting about how the Nuclear Exclusion Zone shows few signs of life...

What's most striking about Japan's nuclear exclusion zone, is what you don't see. There are no people, few cars, no sign of life, aside from the occasional livestock wandering empty roads.

Areas once home to 80,000 people are now ghost towns, frozen in time. Homes ravaged from the powerful earthquake that shook this region nearly a year ago, remain virtually untouched. Collapsed roofs still block narrow streets. Cracked roads, make for a bumpy ride.

In seaside communities, large fishing boats line the side of the road, next to piles of debris. Abandoned cars, dot otherwise empty fields. It's a scene reminiscent of tsunami-battered prefectures Miyagi and Iwate, last March – except those communities have cleaned up a significant amount of the debris since, in preparation for rebuilding efforts.

Japan's Nuclear Exclusion Zone Shows Few Signs of Life

This latest development of the No. 2 reactors temperature spiking so dramatically after TEPCO declared that the three reactors "had been successfully put into a state of cold shutdown" back in December is disturbing and deserving of closer scrutiny.

It seems pretty obvious they are witholding some mighty important information. Why and what the ramifications will be will just have to play themselves out over time.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm no expert in the field, but considering the dramatic rise in temp (51 degrees), and the safe limit only 12 degrees away, it would seem that there would indeed be some serious problem.

I'm sure they'll play the whole thing off as no big deal, and no information will be released......
.....until something bad happens yet again.

My heart goes out to the people of Japan for what they have been thru, and for what they could potentially have to go thru if something happens with this reactor.
edit on 6-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

It seems pretty obvious they are witholding some mighty important information.

Temp and Rad spikes will continue as long as these "cores" are molten deep inside/beneath the reactor pressure vessels. Each time an event occurs it is a sure sign that the "melting" is not done and the fission is ongoing.

Tons of fuel in each core and fuel pond are involved. That is a huge amount of molten goo in each one that generates it's own heat. Until all "fuel is consumed" count on continued reports of temperature spikes (which also means fresh radioactive contaminant releases).

Tepco "open air" corium smelting process continues...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Ah Fukushima, the gift that keeps on giving.

It's sad. There will be new threads on ATS about Fukushima long after i can reply to them.

edit on 6-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
really? water is lower than though.
fuel not there.
temp and radiation plumes " from workers going in and out " really?

think of the acid in the aliens movie
that about sums it up

water just poring on a molten core just to slow it down
making steam and decay.

start a betting pool on when they will come clean
and just be like look we F***ed up big

help

please.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I don't normally make it a habbit of sharing my visions,waking dreams, or whatever you want to call them. Mostly due to the fact that there are many on this site and other sites like this that just want to discredit me. Call me whack-o, nutter, or whatever.

My vision of Japan since last March has been one of millions of people fleeing and a total desimation of Japan as a nation. Now before all of you "trolls" try and say "real streach of your imagination", wait. These visions are clear to me and you haters are primarily the reason why I don't share.

I assure you that I am an educated professional with a career. I am not a prophet or a zealot trying to fear monger. I am a "sponge" emotionally. I can feel people and read their emotions. This helps in my sales career (you can't teach it). I have always had an "ability" to easily connect to those around me (sometimes this is not a good thing as there are those who can "drain" you quickly if you let them.). I am still a baby though. I am learning to strenghen my inner ability. So opening up and sharing leaves me a little exposed to the scoffing and hatred of those here that only know how to hate.

Everytime someone posts about Japan or Fukushima. I cry and become overwhelemed with dread. I sit down and look inward and cannot see a future for the nation of Japan. I see people fleeing and a wasteland of a Nation.

Many years ago I would sit down and picture the world in ten year increments. I could envision a future. It has been harder and harder for me to extend my visions past this year. Again not trying to install fear into anyone. Take it for what it's worth. I fear for humanity on many levels not just Fukushima.

I hope I'm wrong... Really, I hope I'm wrong.

Love
Red

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

ABC News is reporting about how the Nuclear Exclusion Zone shows few signs of life...

No people huh? I would hope so - it is an exclusion zone (in case that wasn't already clear).
Stupid media!

Whilst I'd agree that this isn't over until the fuel is consumed, whilst you can expect spikes in radiation measured as a result of decay and the fact some periods will be more active than others, to get such a temperature spike surely means something much more substantial is going on?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

I don't normally make it a habbit of sharing my visions,waking dreams, or whatever you want to call them. Mostly due to the fact that there are many on this site and other sites like this that just want to discredit me. Call me whack-o, nutter, or whatever.

My vision of Japan since last March has been one of millions of people fleeing and a total desimation of Japan as a nation. Now before all of you "trolls" try and say "real streach of your imagination", wait. These visions are clear to me and you haters are primarily the reason why I don't share.

Thank you for sharing. These personal viewpoints are why I come to this site. Don't let others dissuade from doing that. I understand how hard that can be to "sensitives". Maybe you can learn here to let their insults run off you like "water off a ducks back". Naysayers are many, people with talent are few. Others do appreciate that.

Thanx again

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
This thread definitely deserves a bump!

Honestly man-made disasters like this piss me off more then soldiers killing innocent people, or corporations using slave labor to make cheaper products for the west. Stuff like Fukushima or the gulf oil spill are just so permanent, it makes me wonder if well even be able to grow food in the distant future. Most likely we're all gonna be eating lab grown gmo food, just because everything natural is gonna be destroyed by man-made disasters.

Sad times were living in. beyond my personal choices, I really wish I could do something about it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
For however it may be of interest, here is a recent set of photographs of the grounds of the Fukushima plant.

Jam. 2012 Fukushima Exterior Photos (PDF Form)

They've made the outside of the plant look very clean and they've done a very good job of spraying down the grounds and doing everything that can be done to stabilize and secure things from the outside. What videos and photos out of Fuku also show is a very limited and shallow exploration into the plant itself.

There are records of light from inside the ruins from time to time and readings fluctuate. They run from somewhere in the "kiss your butt goodbye" to "just start laughing, you have a few minutes left!". At least that is the impression I've gotten from how I've followed this and what the robots have found that have been in far enough to sample truly hot water and such.

As morbid as it may sound, it may be the only way to know for certain if things go wrong............ That place requires a given number of people. They can hide the dead, but they cannot very well hide a flow of replacements.....and another....and another. I suppose if things go really badly, it won't be too long before people will know.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Very scary indeed!
I hope they can get a handle on this...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Tepco wrote (and look very concerned)

At this moment, temperature indicates approx. 71.0 °C (as of 11:00 am on February 6). As a result of the sampling for the Gas Control System of the Unit 2 which we conducted on the same day to make sure there is no re-criticality state, we confirmed that the concentration of Xe-135 was below the detectible limit (1.0 x 10-1 Bq/ cm3) at the system's entrance, meaning that it falls below the re-criticality criteria, or 1 Bq/cm3. Continuing to monitor the trend after that, as it was still showing a high value, from 0:19 am to 3:20 am on February 7 we injected boric acid into the reactor as a safety countermeasures against the re-criticality, and at 4:24 pm we changed the amount of the core spray system injection water from 3.7m3/h to 6.7m3/h* (the amount of the continuing feed water system injection is 6.8m3/h). Currently, the temperature is 72.2°C (as of 5 am on February 7). We will monitor the progress continuously.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

"We take this as some evidence that all fish in Vermont are likely to have radioactive cesium and strontium at these levels and that, as we've hypothesized, it is from nuclear weapons fallout and the releases of Chernobyl. All of us are glad to have proof and not just conjecture."
from a report on the RSOE DIS website today.

Really, this has nothing to do with the nearby Vermont Yankee power plant, or even, dare I say, FUKUSHIMA ?????

Cesium was found in both edible and inedible portions of the bass, he said, while strontium was found only in inedible portions, which include bones, the head, fins and scales. "There's no danger in eating the fish," said Irwin.

Nice to know eating fish contaminated with Cesium is considered safe ???????

Nice to know even our own officials are still denying any knowledge of the Fukushima meltdown contamination, and are still saying how radioactive contamination is safe to eat. These clowns are too stupid for their own good, do they really think we're that stupid??? Scary to not know what knowledge the Japanese are withholding about the current conditions of Fukushima..
edit on 7-2-2012 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2012 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Eat the fish and drink the milk, don't worry at all

Why is the leadership of the world so careless? Just like Obama told us that the gulf of Mexico was safe to swim in after the oil leak and dumping of Corexit. The FDA said the fish were safe to eat too. Eat the benzene fish, no big deal. You might just end up with Leukemia in 10 years though. Very painful and ugly death.......

I feel bad for the Japanese people. I hope there isn't a spike in cancer in the coming years for them.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

I wanna see Obama and his family go to the waters, fish.. cook it up on the shoreline and eat it.

then maybe... ill spend some time and look at the facts.

after 10 or so yrs has past

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yeah its a temperature everybody.

new topics

top topics

join