It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Information for Parents from childs school...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok just wanted to put this out for discussion, I received a note from the school which rather alarmed me in several respects, now perhaps I have been online a bit too long or even read far too many threads about the truth behind all of the lost vials and crazy information related to vaccines and the like.

Here is the letter the school sent:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS:
The ...county Health department is tracking all school absences. The nurses office reports weekly to them in the categories listed below. Please help us out when you call the school about your child not attending. If you do not call, the school will be calling you and asking for this information.

WHEN YOUR CHILD IS NOT COMING TO SCHOOL:
1. Please call the school at ....... (even during the night)

2. Please explain or leave a message as to why your child is not coming to school:

a. Respiratory:, cough, sore throat, trouble breathing
b. Influential-like illness
c. fever illness
d. Vomiting -nausea
e. Sinus infection-asthma
f. Hemorrhagic illness- blood related
g. Gastrointestinal illness- diarrhea, cramps, abdominal pain
h. Neurological illness, headache, light sensitivity, confusion
i. Rash illness, chicken pox, dermatitis
j. Chemicals-poison
k. Injury-fractures, stitches
l.personal/personal/family business/funeral
m. Doctor, dentist appointments

Hang this on your refrigerator

Anyway it goes on to all other changes social and extracurricular, and how the school wants written notes on EVERYTHING.

Now for most of us the 'list' in and of itself raises many red flags, it may not be what it appears to be.

I have some things to do this morning but wanted to share this with you as it just feels like the loss of my 4th amendment rights and those of making private decisions for my family.

edit on 6-2-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

That is an interesting letter, but not sure if it is just a smart new way to deal with contagious illnesses, or a more sinister tracking system.

It's tough living in a close society, we want our privacy, but only if it's good for ourselves, our neighbors on the other hand.....if they are contagious they better share that information so as me and my family don't catch what they've got.
edit on 6-2-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

A reply of "they are sick, the rest is none of your business" should be sufficient.
May I also suggest throwing in the term "HIPPA" once or twice???

Public School Teachers and Admins really are becoming just the absolute pox to the parent now days.

edit on 6-2-2012 by macman because: Spelling.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow, That is unnerving!
I have not received a letter like that at all. My child's school is satisfied with a note the next day, and they never ask why. The only thing they do want to know is whether what my child is sick from is contagious. If a child in his class gets strep or chicken pox and things like that, they send a letter home letting parents know that it's going around. They also move the children from their class room and then sanitize the crap out of it.

It is possible that at your child's school absences are becoming a very big problem and they are trying to track the reason for it. Asking for specifics is kind of weird though. One of the ladies I work with lets her daughter stay home even when she is not sick, all because she whines... so that is one reason, not a good one, but it seem A LOT of parents are doing that these days. The importance of school is very low on the priority list.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Lol, the US cracks me up sometimes.

How about, a letter saying...

Dear ?,

My child was ill on ???.

Kind Regards,

???

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Some of the wording is meant as a scare tactic no? I mean Hemorrhagic and chemical to mention only 2.

Also, if I call the school to ask what illness's are going around, the new HIPPA laws prohibit them from telling me!

This may be a way of steering people into the control mechanisms which at some point will no longer even be questioned, it will as if it always was.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
in case you didn't get the memo,your 4th ammendment right is now translated to shut the hell up and comply or else...!
this is disturbing,and here in canada they are looking into mandetory shots for the kids in school,and if they don't get them there you have to provide proof with a doctor's note stating they got the shots. if not your child will not be allowed to attend school,which in turn will lead to your arrest for not having your child in school.
home schooling is very much frowned upon,and you have to make a case to proove you can home school your own child. even if you can proove this,you are monitored very closely!
sad state of affairs indeed.
my children learned how to count to 100,learned all their colours,music scales,and logical thinking,as well as abstract thinking,all before kindergarden.
now my oldest is in grade 8 and bored to death with school,because he is so far ahead of the rest!
i still home school ,but by law he has to go to school. so because hes bored,they will brand him as dumb,and fail him! keep fighting the system,and make your voice heard! good luck

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

Just wait, it will come. Question is will you take it laying down or stand up and speak out for the right of privacy from both directions? I am not certain how I plan to handle this yet, and to be 'told' to hang this on my fridge is a bit unnerving as well, I mean "really"? I have read it at least once, and am not an idiot nor need to post something this controlling in my home let alone on the fridge, now they will tell me where to keep their notices posted? This is Orwellian my dear, simply signs of a very bad future for children and parents.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleVoice731
Wow, That is unnerving!
I have not received a letter like that at all. My child's school is satisfied with a note the next day, and they never ask why. The only thing they do want to know is whether what my child is sick from is contagious. If a child in his class gets strep or chicken pox and things like that, they send a letter home letting parents know that it's going around. They also move the children from their class room and then sanitize the crap out of it.

It is possible that at your child's school absences are becoming a very big problem and they are trying to track the reason for it. Asking for specifics is kind of weird though. One of the ladies I work with lets her daughter stay home even when she is not sick, all because she whines... so that is one reason, not a good one, but it seem A LOT of parents are doing that these days. The importance of school is very low on the priority list.

it's also illegal.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

In turn, I would request that the school report to the Parents when Teachers and Admin are out sick, and to comply with questions before expecting others to do so.

Lead by example, no??

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah, I can't wait till my kids are school age.

My wife is not looking forward to the Parent/Teacher meetings.
I look forward to it.

I will be the schools worst enemy.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Sounds like they tried to list as many things as possible that could spread disease or illness. Looks like it's a legal thing. Trying to cover themselves legally. Considering how 'sue happy' Americans are ... I don't blame 'em.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
My kids school did something similar, sort of. They didn't send out a letter, but if my boys were ever sick they ask what they have. There isn't anything so sinister about it, they do it to keep their eye on outbreaks and to be able to inform other parents if it something serious. For example, I got a call from the school a couple of years ago to let me know there had been a couple of kids who were sick with chicken pox. Well my boys are not vaccinated for Chicken pox so the school makes sure I know right away when someone comes down with CP so that I am aware. They also will give me the option to keep my kids home for a little while past when the first known infected kid has been taken out of school.

Now it doesn't always have to be chicken pox either. I know from volunteering in the school that the nurse kept track generally of who was absent and what they were sick with. Then she kept an eye on everyone else to make sure it wasn't a wide spread thing.

So sure it could be this evil conspiracy by the government to get more information about you and yours, but it is highly unlikely. You could just throw it away too. LOL And if your kid happens to come down with chicken pox or something else that is highly contagious, it would be polite to let the school know so they can let the un-vaccinated kids parents know.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I am sure this is a financial reason.

How much money the States get from the Federal Government............

If they want a doctors excuse,for your child not feeling well,then the schools should pay for the the doctors visit.

Unless they want the student IN school hacking up a lung,spreading whatever he/she has.............MHO

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
When things like this occur, my response to the school is, and in no certain terms.

I will inform you of only the things that I feel that you should know.

They do not typically like that answer, but as of yet they have never pushed me very far with it either.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I wonder if it has anything to do with how the school is funded. I know that attendance affects how much money the school receives? Maybe if it is a medical situation the school still gets money now?

Who knows. When my son is out of school I just either call them and say "my son will be out of school today, thanks bye" or if they call me I say "hes sick" and that's it. I'm not going to give them more details unless his condition warrants it.

Schools really are stretching the boundaries lately.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

You don't want to do that/ You may be lucky and your children may go to a district that actually cares. The school district my children go are pretty good. The faculty is always willing to listen and learn from parents. I would give them the benefit of a doubt at first and then see where it goes from there. I had the same attitude until the parent teacher meetings and I left reassured that my kids would be in great hands in that district. Granted, your children will be learning what the "schools" want them to learn but, I had teachers that would drop "knowledge" on us, things that weren't taught in school but very relevant to the subject(s) and I believe that there are teachers like that.
Btw, my children go to a county school, not a city school. City schools are where the biggest issues are.

ETA: The district I live in is pretty good. A simple note saying your child was absent on (x) day is sufficient. As a matter of fact, I got a call this morning, my oldest son did not go to school (he lives with mom, not me). So, there is also communication on their part and that is reassuring to me.
edit on 6-2-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I will have to disagree.
Being the biggest pain in the butt can be many different things.
I will not have my kids taught Progressive crap, nor reinventing history.
God help the teacher with the Che poster.

I will know of the teaching plan, and plan on being involved.

But, on topic with this, what they are asking is illegal.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

ive gotta say i totally agree .... in my day a phone call or letter from my parents to say i was absent would suffice.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by LittleVoice731

Just wait, it will come. Question is will you take it laying down or stand up and speak out for the right of privacy from both directions? I am not certain how I plan to handle this yet, and to be 'told' to hang this on my fridge is a bit unnerving as well, I mean "really"? I have read it at least once, and am not an idiot nor need to post something this controlling in my home let alone on the fridge, now they will tell me where to keep their notices posted? This is Orwellian my dear, simply signs of a very bad future for children and parents.

I didn't even think of it being a HIPPA violation until someone said so. I would look into it, if it is in violation I would be blowing up the principle's and the school boards phone.

I do see the problem with the letter you got, and if and when i get it I WILL be (probably the only parent) protesting and raising a fuss over it. It's like they are demanding you do this, and that is just ridiculous. At my son's school there is only one lady who types up these letters, and from reading some of them, they are clearly not looked at by the principle. Maybe there is such a lady who wrote that letter, that in turn was not looked at by her supervisor before it was sent out. She may have exaggerated the details. Maybe a call to the school might clear this up?

I only mentioned that they are asking because of the amount of absences could be causing the school board to re evaluate the school. However they are going about it in the wrong way if that's the case. It's a big problem here, parents letting kids stay home out of pure laziness that is. When the attendance goes down the school board gets involved and they want to know what the problem is. I think a phone call is in place here for sure!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join