It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is not as awake as it should be. You might still be sleeping...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Yes, Ron Paul could run as an independent, but unfortunately not everyone can be as open-minded as you when it comes to voting in a political figure. I will vote for the candidate I like, not the party they belong to. Besides, Ron Paul is very open about his Libertarian stance, and he plays politics only as much as he has to to counter the bias and swing of the media. I find no shame in that, especially because though the two party system is very flawed, calling yourself republican does not change who you are.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

The problem is in everything else like...?

The fact he wants freedom over being controlled? He wants to save lives by bringing troops home and fortifying defenses? He wants to go to war, only when necessary instead of for petty power games played by elites?

I hate to be this guy that brings up conversation in this manner, but I fail to understand the other view point. If you could explain it to me, I will be more than happy to listen.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Beautifully said! And to think, if the vote is miscounted by only one vote, then who is really going to care? It is easy to play off one vote as being a small accident. But think of tens, even hundreds of thousands of votes being "misplaced"! How could the media, or whoever is rigging the votes excuse that!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Very existential in ideology there... In many aspects you would appear to be correct... However, I am tired of other peoples' faults hindering me. I hated in high school being in a Calculus II class where all the people in there hated math and whined and complained. You'd think that with an advanced group, people would want to be challenged and would strive to do math. But no... the same is what I see in politics. I am tired of seeing people ignorantly swaying back in forth in the issues not really knowing why they are there, only to hinder the evolution of the country. I say let's get stuff done! Maybe the country as a whole does not deserve it, but let us save it for the large group of people who does deserve it!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Glad to hear you see things the way you currently do! Man, is it not weird to think of things were for use before we were awake? I used to think voting was a joke... Granted, I would never vote for a "lesser evil" but to see a candidate I like and pretend it means nothing to show my support... well those days were dark. I S+F your thread and read it, though I will get to the youtube-ing later, thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

They alone could solve world hunger, I am sure!

Makes me sick that someone would ever even think they would need so much money. If I had a billion dollars, one single billion, I think I would end up not knowing what to do with over half of it... Sure as hell would not be trying to get more though like we know all (ok, most
) politicians are

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Right, and when you find the ideal candidate and blame it on the system or the rigging, the gridlock, whatever the case may be, are we assuming that we will just wait for that to fix itself? Moreover, how many times do we actually find ideal candidates? I am relatively new to politics, but I can see that it is very hard to come by good, honest, politicians. Carpe diem! Vote while you have oppurtunity

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by DrNotforhire

reply to post by The Sword

I would like to clarify that I am biased towards Ron Paul but I am not projecting you everyone that you must think my way in order to be "awake". I firmly believe that if you are educated and know why you like/dislike a president, then you are on equal ground with I. In fact I encourage that everyone know why they are voting. It comes down to, I think I am right, but if you have good reasons then I am OK with that to a tee!

So no, you can be awake and hate Ron Paul. I am merely stating that for those people who like Ron Paul but don't vote, it does more harm than potential good.

That's some great sentiment... And I truly appreciate your mature response... I came in here thinking otherwise... I'd love to be on the Ron Paul wagon, I don't agree with his foreign policy (being outside of the US on multiple occasions) I can see why we need to be in certain parts of the world, especially those parts that only understand violence. I agree not voting is probably one of the worst things you can do!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i was wondering what was going on, then i ran across this blurb

PhysicsAdept Nation "morality" debate
Yesterday, 8:09 pm
Posted by admin

It is morally permissible for victims to use deadly force ....

i am getting a clearer picture

i think you are properly right, in saying its the listening public that is at fault...

but most are too lazy or too wrapped up in their own adictions to pay attention...

just like the official propaganda that unemployment has fallen to only 8.3% from over 10% when
Barry Øbama took office....the deluded don't realize that 22.5% of us are unemployed.

or this reported news blurb: www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Over thе last 22-months we’ve seen 3-million jobs сrеаtеd, - and more new factory jobs ѕіnсе thе 1990′s. A lot οf thаt is because of tough decisions уου took,” said Obama.

my view of the jobs he created is that 3 million jobs would equate to the opening of 250,000 fast food joints car lube/wash facilities and a goodly number of push-cart hot dog vendors that Obama calls business capitalists

250k of these business & industrial production venues among the 50 States and territories...Oh Yeah....

go look at Detroit if you want to see the Øbama led economic turnaround

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Just for clarification, the quote you posted was out of context. The debate was/is specifically "It is morally permissible for victims to use deadly force as a deliberate response to repeated domestic violence?" Where as you only cited the first half of the quote which makes it appear to be different. Also, I posted it first here on ATS, with a thread titled: Murder someone else, or be tortured by them?

Secondly, what does that have to do with the meaning of this post?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join