It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is not as awake as it should be. You might still be sleeping...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have decided that there is a problem in politics today. No, not the politicians who twist words to make what they say seem good, not the big corporations who pay off the media and the voters, not the media who puts out propaganda fulfilling their own agenda, no... those are all problems that need to be addressed, but not here.

The problem lies within a different group--the people. On one hand, there is a small group of people who know who they are voting for, and exactly why they are voting for them. That crowd does not need revision. In fact, I enjoy those people. Even if you disagree with me in politics, know why you disagree, then all is well. Then there is a group of people who vote for who someone tells them to vote for. Be it the media, their parents, their neighbor, whatever, they do not know what they are doing. This group is a bit annoying, but it should be pointed out that every party, every candidate has their fair-share of these voters. Yeah, some have more than others, but overall it is a threat that may never be absolved...

Ok, but here is the last group. Imagine there is a perfect candidate. This candidate has a flawless voting record and has never flopped on a decision. His morals are strong, he abides by all the rules and does not accept money from corporations. And on top of all this, you like him! You agree with nearly everything this man says, yet you still refuse to vote!

Why would anyone not vote if they believed i the candidate? The excuse is always that "oh, well my vote doesn't matter. It won't get counted anyway." So what?! You are just going to take this corruption we live in? Isn't that EXACTLY what the government wants, is for everyone to bow down to it? Tell me how that fixes anything? They keep controlling us more and more, and we just sit back and say, "oh, well my vote doesn't matter." Yeah well our vote doesn't count until it is exposed to the open world! We are getting very close to a political breakthrough right now, I know it. We just need to keep pushing forward to the goal, and voting is what will get us there!

One last thing. If Ron Paul's votes are skewed in the polls, and they are much higher than they appear on TV, I get it that there is corruption in our world that we may not be able to fix easily, but then who knows the real numbers? I bet to you that the people rigging the votes, they know the real numbers. Wouldn't you be scared if you saw people awaking as a political over-seer? This fear that we invoke by "casting a vote that does not matter" is motivation alone for me to vote. And I think everyone else needs to do the same. What is more important for an hour of your life to just go down and vote?

I assure you, the time you spend on Facebook, or the time you spend watching TV can be dwindled by an hour and no bad will come of it.

ATS, I beg you. I beg you all to consider what I have said. It is most frustrating to see people on here littered with the mentality that the government wants us to maintain. You cannot say you are awake and not do anything about it, you just can't. Take a stand while we still have a chance to put a good president in office.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It doesn't matter who you vote for because in the end the elite decides who becomes president anyway.
I'm afraid you're the one that's not awake.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ssupp

Agreed!

We should ask anonymous to hack into the voting polls to show the people exactly how corrupt and rigged the voting system really is.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ssupp

No you don't understand me point. I get it, elites rule the country, the whole world in fact. But you sitting back not doing anything is not helping anything! You are practically bending over so that the government can rape you. I will not be raped. I will do my part in fixing things, as should you.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Please enlighten me how wasting an hour of my day is going to protect me?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

I on one hand really want that to happen... but also how would that really look? Yes, people who are involved and awake in the RP campaign would see the numbers, but we already know the voting is rigged! If Anon actually hacked them, what would the media say? The media would say that Anon hacked the results! You and I would then know the truth, but what about everyone else who doesn't already see the evil? They would side with the media... it would do no good. I am afraid that there must be more steps involved than just that...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ssupp

The government is powerful, yet small. They have money, which is a problem. But let us say that not everyone can be awaken. Let us say not even a half or a third can be awaken, but a quarter of the people. I do not think that is unreasonable. 25% of America's 300,000,000 people is 75,000,000 people! One vote cannot make a difference. One email to the news cannot make a difference. One small public question to the president cannot get an answer. But imagine 75,000,000! I think others would begin to awaken, but all of us need to start sticking up for ourselves and each other, and that starts with a vote!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I understand where you're coming from, I truly do. However, to paraphrase Einstein, you cannot fix a problem at the same level that it was created.

If we truly want a democracy when it comes to voting, we would do away with the whole "electoral college" crap. That was thought up during a time when the vast majority of people in this country couldn't read, and had no way of getting to know the candidates or their platforms. We would also take all those Diebold voting machines and throw them in the trash heap. Computers are too easy to manipulate, as everybody knows.

Nothing short of a major overhaul of our election processes and scrapping those evil laws that allow corporations to give unlimited amounts of money to their pet candidates will suffice. ALL candidates should be given equal TV air time as a public service, why is this not so?? Instead of fixing the things that are broken when it comes to elections, our idiot officials go the other way and pass laws to make it more unfair, more uneven, and more corrupt. Those "Super PACs" can super kiss my angry American butt.

If you want to talk about razing this crap to the ground and starting from scratch, count me in. If you want me to participate in what I know darned well is a crooked sham, count me out.

S & F, though, for speaking your mind most eloquently.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Okay I see your point, but how would one go about "taking further steps", I mean obviously giving people correct information is not working as well as we may hope. Why?, disinformation has left the masses confused?, People consciously choose to be ignorant due to reasons of comfort or fear? At this point of time we can only speculate ourselves blue in the face. The human condition seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy. I ask you this, does it require a resistance more powerful than peaceful protesting to wake the world up? Are we the "enlightened ones" strong enough to leave a substantial mark for future generations to come and how exactly will we make a firm point without chopping some G D heads off. Its such a frustrating dilemma we are faced with, I mean how many people do you hear discussing topics of this nature in open conversations, I small minority I presume.

Please don't take me as being patronizing in any way, I am merely frustrated with the paradox of Intelligent truth hungry people faced with a greed ridden wasteful planet revolving around profit peddling and status.
We need to start finding some proactive solutions as I feel our future is slowly slipping through our fingers.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I take it then, that you have no faith? Am I correct in assuming you have just given up? I cannot say I blame you, what you say brings me to understand a little more... However I really think that it is now or never. If we don't get the right candidate in today then there may not be a tomorrow. This is why I wish to take any step possible to support my seemingly futile cause.

This example may be proportionally incorrect, or an inadequate comparison... but I ask you this:

Your most beloved of family, your wife, your mother, your child, or yourself, pick anyone, and they have caner. You know very well that the treatments provided to them have an extremely small success rate. Perhaps there is only a 1% chance to make it work. Would you try it anyway? Would you regret it later if you had refused it when the option presented itself? I know I would...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

As far as the current system goes, I most certainly have given up. As far as your example of a loved one with cancer, I would not go with the standard torturous "cure", I would research until my eyes fell out looking for something that would help without killing the person, and that means going outside the system.

That's like saying that I was too powerless to do anything but go with the current system and a 1% chance is better than 0%. I say, a percentage that low is a disgrace and there has GOT to be a better way.

If I were to vote, you could bet your bottom dollar it would not be for anybody in either the republican or democratic party. I like Dr. Paul, but the fact that he is running as a republican rules him out for me. I would vote any party but the two who have basically gridlocked and destroyed our system while they pocketed the profits.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ron Paul is not the perfect candidate for most of us. We almost universally agree that the money system is a big problem and on that count Ron Paul is pretty much on the money. The problem is everything else.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So we are not awake if we dont agree with Ron Paul?

This thread is a hoax.... Why is it in politics?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

The Republican party used to be a respectable defender of limited government and conservatism in general. It changed when Neocons infiltrated it. Perhaps an 'infiltration' of Libertarians will be the impetus to shift it back to its true conservative roots.

I tend to agree with the OP - anyone paying attention knows that voter fraud is not speculation but proven fact, at least in the 2000 and 2004 elections. However, we can still make them work for it. The more people vote, the more voter fraud may potentially arise, and the more voter fraud arises, the more chances of it getting noticed.

A massive overhaul of the election process is obviously needed, and should be pursued, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep voting in the meantime.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I believe in the system, no matter how flawed.
I also believe we get the political leaders we deserve.

And right now, obviously, we don't deserve much.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hi OP
S&F
In total agreement with you.
Whether our vote does count or not ..(whether rigged or not)
We need to TRY at least to get our country back ..We need to vote!

Awake now. -regrettable having to say I was asleep for MANY years.
I made a thread with my confession for not caring enough to vote, etc, if you wish to see it.

How Ron Paul Stands- favorite Vids /+Confession

www.abovetopsecret.com...
but I WILL be voting this time!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is what we all are up against,

Rothschild wealth equaled approximately $6b in 1850 as cited by de Rothschild biographer, Fredric Morton.

When we grown this number of $6b by a reasonable growth rate of 6 percent per annum, in 2010 the House's wealth would equal $670 trillion

$ 670 TRILLION DOLLARS

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So, you're saying that if people don't believe in the GREAT WHITE HOPE Ron Paul, that they're asleep?

You were obviously describing him.

Flawless voting record? Strong morals?

They don't seem to fit but to each their own.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Ok, but here is the last group. Imagine there is a perfect candidate. This candidate has a flawless voting record and has never flopped on a decision. His morals are strong, he abides by all the rules and does not accept money from corporations. And on top of all this, you like him! You agree with nearly everything this man says, yet you still refuse to vote!

I agree with your over all sentiments. It’s annoying the amount of people who sit out (unfortunately the majority).

People who would rather protest and cause trouble than work within the system (voting, backing campaigns, advocating, etc) piss me off; if you’re going to protest that’s fine but when you’re done I expect you to VOTE!

Also, people who sit out because their “ideal” candidate didn’t get the nomination piss me off. The Presidency is very important but the real power lies in congress, and sitting out on the vote simply because you don’t like the presidential options gives away dozens of seats, not just the presidency.

Nothing will change in this country unless/until we load the system full of like-minded people who will do our bidding in DC. Nobody gets everything they want but we must strive to get representation that is as close to our ideals as possible (and that’s different for each person). And for some, the ideal candidates ARE running.
edit on 6-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

reply to post by The Sword

I would like to clarify that I am biased towards Ron Paul but I am not projecting you everyone that you must think my way in order to be "awake". I firmly believe that if you are educated and know why you like/dislike a president, then you are on equal ground with I. In fact I encourage that everyone know why they are voting. It comes down to, I think I am right, but if you have good reasons then I am OK with that to a tee!

So no, you can be awake and hate Ron Paul. I am merely stating that for those people who like Ron Paul but don't vote, it does more harm than potential good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join