It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks Show Sophisticated Iraq Militants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - The scale and sophistication of militant attacks in Iraq are steadily increasing, with coordinated strikes and complicated ambushes that increasingly hit their targets, officials and analysts said Wednesday.

www.guardian.co.uk...

More info in rest of story although i wonder who the foreign fighters are?

And who is sending them?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Of course they�re sophisticated attacks, do you think 9/11 wasn't a sophisticated attack ??

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Jedi_Master]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So we have have troops over there for a year and a half and their side is coming up with better ways to attack out troops, no suprises there.
I dont know what is going on over there but hopefully our side can figure out ways to make peace and pick up on attacks before they happen. I feel like right now we are nothing but sitting ducks over there and the extremist love all the oppurtunities they are getting at bloodshed.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by jrod]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's Cobra Commander. He finally convinced Destro to go to Iraq and fight the evil US.

Seriously,it makes me think the Al-Qeada is a front for a larger conspiracy that is launched and funded for strikes against the US from Europeon funding? Saudi money? Drug money from Suuth America?gas stations in the US?

We are already preparing for war in Iran and we are not finished in Iraq. NK has mysterious explosions that are "brushed off'. We went into Iraq for WMD's and mushroom clouds and big f'ing craters are very suspicious. We need Iraq as a staging area for the Global war on terror.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Howdy there jrod...

In order to do what you suggest, there would have to be some sort of cooperation between the locals, and the Military...

Which isn't happening right now, the locals are afraid of the insurgents, in which they aren't telling the Military where the insurgents are, ( because they're afraid of being killed by the insurgents )...

What has to happen with the IRAQUI people, is they have to decide wheather they want freedom, or the oppresion from the radicals...

It's up to them...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You're right, no surprises there. It only makes sense that the longer the occpation goes on for the better insurgents get at learning troop movements and vunerabilities.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
With all the tension between iran and the US, what better way to tie up troops and resources long term by keeping insurgents supplied with explosives and arms as well as volunteers in the iraqi theatre.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It is IRAN who the U.S. and allies are fighting in Iraq, and the Syrians too, along with a smattering of Hamas, Palestinians and the like, and even some Brit and U.S. muslim sympathizers to throw in a few curveballs. Sure, there are some Iraqis too, but the $$$ and many of the so called insurgent troops are coming from Iran. And I would guess the money trail could be led back to China.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I disagree with the Chinese angle. They would lose more if the US crumbled than many Europeon/MiddleEastern nations. I agree that a war with Iran and Syria has begun with a battlefront in the Iraqi streets and back alleys. We should see intensified strikes after the elections.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Iran and Syria are behind this!
And in time they will feel the rath of the US military.

After the elections and before the start of the new year, the clock is ticking!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

More info in rest of story although i wonder who the foreign fighters are?

They are mercs of course. Most are likely Al Queda, and other ex-Mujahadeen soldiers. They've done nothing but active combat for decades, so sure, they'll be rather effective. Also, some of the mercs are from Syria, Jordan, etc. and were likely employed in the wars between Iran and Iraq in the past...or the kids of the same.

They'll be periods when they organize, and do well, but of course, the very tools that allow them to coordinate, are then used against them, and once again, the head will be severed, until another one pops up....much like the hydra of myth.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
surely their is a cause to be fought in Iran syria apart from nukes. The funding and support of people killing US/UK soldiers.

top topics

join