It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How computers have changed our world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There's no going back. We are so dependent on personal computers, let alone the ones at the workplace, that is hard to imagine life without them.

What was it like before the PCs took over?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I feel bad for the son. Oh and don't forget how it has allowed everyone to be entangled by so many lies which essentially will be our downfall.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Meaningless

hi op
hahaha
how bloody true though
cant let your kids play outside nowadays
for fear of peadopheiles and terrorists

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yes, the personal PC certainly has changed, and connected the entire world in way never thought possible before. I can remember saying that I would never allow a computer in my home, right now we have four of them, three running most of the time. I strongly believe that the Surface Barrier Transistor was Alien Technology. So, in effect, everything that has a transistor, and today that everything electronic, was given us by Aliens. So it just stands to intelligent reason their was a purpose for this, Why give masses of people technology to talk to each other in real time if not because of an agenda? Even if the technology isn't Alien in origin, their still has to be a rhyme and reason.
Take a look at this community for a second. 20 years ago this was not possible. The first network began in 1969, and was called ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency NETwork) and linked 4 Universities together. The World-Wide-Web part of the Internet was introduced in 1991. We have come a long way, baby.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses. This thread was started for laughs, but there seems to be something deeper as well.

Parents today have to balance their child's risk against crime versus having a "normal" childhood.

PCs allow us to run any kind of program we want, from spreadsheets to astronomy programs to games. Connected to the internet it allows us to communicate instantly with people from all over the world. But can it also reduce our physical social interactions?

In 1982 Time magazine published this front page:

Yup, it's moved in and is not leaving

As for alien technology helping us create advanced integrated circuits, maybe the "intel inside" logo should really look like this:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
WOW
My broadband went down for a day a few months ago.I was lost..Many a true word spoken in jest.

Thanks OP lol

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
An aspect I find very humorous -
(to those who may not understand how computers work, they count only in 1's and 0's....there is either NO electricity in the wire ZERO, or there IS electricity in the wire ONE)

I have spent several years working professionally with computers as a system administrator, as a network engineer, and now as software quality assurance.

So basically, my employment for the past 20 years has been based on the fact that......This little machine, that can only count to one, isn't always reliable.

top topics

join