It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America DOES NOT accept U.S. DOLLARS as payment on mortgages

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I did a search for this but could not find this. I don't think these folks battle with BoA is brand new, if these videos have been posted, please remove mods.

From the uploader:

Feb 3 2012 Bank of America Lakeport, Ca. I attempted to make a cash payment on our mortgage, the manager refused to take the cash saying it was against bank policy.

I was shocked, had no idea this would happen, since when does a bank not accept cash... Right! When I protested, the manager called the Lakeport poilce dept. After being detained for about 1/2 hour and nearly arrested for shooting video inside the bank the cops decided to let me go.

The BofA manager made a complaint against me and had the cops inform me that I am "no longer welcome inside the Lakeport branch of Bank of America." Also that if I "ever attempted to enter the branch again I WILL be arrested!"

So apparently Bank of America DOES NOT accept American cash dollars as a form of payment on mortgages in AMERICA!

Rob & Ana Vs Bank of America, at home

edit on 4-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I went through similar hardships with my former mortgage holders. They made it nearly impossible to get a hold of anyone who spoke English.

My payments were always altered (higher than what was on the contract) and they use to refuse taking several different forms of payments some weeks, then accepted them other weeks, like they were playing games with me and my mortgage.

I eventually had to sell my home to escape the lunacy of corrupt mortgage holders because my monthly payments grew to out of my range of affordability, which was around $500 more per month than was agreed upon at the signing of my refinancing.

Rent... you'll be better off. No one really OWNS their homes anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
holy crap!
thats nuts!
but its only going to get worse from here, everyone everywhere will reject actual money as payment.

boa is going downhill fast though

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Its almost as if they don't want people to pay on time.

I noticed credit cards that would move the due date around and change the payment amounts unexpectedly.

I think they all do it.

We just changed cell phone companies, and I knew they would give us one price and then the bill would be higher, always is, sure enough, that is how it went down.

Can not trust big companies anymore.
edit on 4-2-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think this is a hoax. Why is there a tripod and camera behind the guy? Seems like an odd thing for a bank to let someone do.

If this is not a hoax, then I think there is likely more to this story than is being disclosed.

edit on 4-2-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
People still use cash?
Actual paper money?

Wow thats like an old person thing right?

ah ha ha ha ha

(Yes that was Sarcasm)

The New World sucks...

Its brilliantly FUBARed

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I think this is a hoax. Why is there a tripod and camera behind the guy? Seems like an odd thing for a bank to let someone do.

Cell phone companies for years have refused to take cash.

They explained to me that they just did not want cash in the store, did not want to make drops at the bank.

I always questioned it as dollars are supposed to be good for all debts, but that was the way it was...
edit on 4-2-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 4-2-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A bank not accepting CASH?

Unfortunately, they are well within their rights to not accept cash, even though one would think they had to accept the "legal tender." Although cash is accepted legal tender, that doesn't mean it must be accepted just that it can be used.

One might argue that cash payments are inconvenient, but when there is usually a point at which one must use cash (whether at the post office for a money order, where they must count it).

What they perhaps should have done is take the cash to the bank to get a bank note (to see if they take cash for THAT, then in turn pay the mortgage, or put it into your account, OR

An interesting exercise (although possibly not too smart), is to simply not pay the mortgage. One could always claim "they wouldn't accept my payment," but BoA has a lot of (more) money for lawyers than the average, struggling home-buyer.

I wonder how the courts would rule on that.

Sounds like there is something else to this story though, if the couple--doing business with BoA, can no longer even ENTER the bank (to pay their mortgage????).

Something fishy with this whole thing, and it sounds like someone is trying to cause a ruckus.

edit on 4-2-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

It is almost every company, not just mortgage holders.
Vonage, Sprint, Verizon, Comcast... ALL of them have basically lied about what their monthly payments were supposed to be.

One example... I signed up for Vonage for my home phone, internet special was $9.99 per month... thought that was a good deal so I got it. First bill was for $14.06, with all their little taxes, fees, whatever. That's not $9.99 p/month, it's actually 40% MORE than what they advertise. They just recently increased it to over $16 p/month, now we're up to 60% more than what I was duped into believing.

That seems to be common sleaze ball business practices today.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

the tripod is there to take pictures to have on the new bank cards.
just like at the d.o.l.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Holy Crap, what am i going to do?
Gold dust always makes my stockings lumpy!

Seriously, this is gotta be a hoaxed trip...the cash american dollar is payable for all debts, public and private is it not?
The bank is in for a rude shock...the courts dont liike the banks either these days ............

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

Originally posted by violence=answer
the tripod is there to take pictures to have on the new bank cards.
just like at the d.o.l.

In front of a door and seating area?

I've never seen this in a bank.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
One thing I'm curious about......most banks require you to have a checking account with the bank before they will issue a loan. While I don't agree with the bank not accepting cash, why did they not write a check? Something is off here.

This is the reason I will only us my independent local bank. I could take them pennies for my house payment, and they would smile and say thank you.

Stay away from big banks.
edit on 4-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
One thing I curious about......most banks require you to have a checking account with the bank before they will issue a loan. While I don't agree with the bank not accepting cash, why did they not write a check? Something is off here.

Or just put the money directly into his bank account for them to take out his mortgage payment.
A bank has to accept cash to go into an account if you show up at the teller, and want to put money into your account.

How can a person have a mortgage, and not have a chequing or savings account with the same bank?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Fifth video....thanking "all my fans..."

Yup, not buying this is the whole story.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

yeah, they probably sit on that chair right there, or had to move the camera for someone.
i have seen it, personally, in banks a whole lot.
im sure there is a wire or something connected from the camera, to the equip from right there.

how do you get the freezeframe pic from the vid?
i cant figure out how to do that!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

A cash payment is legal tender. It just can't be recorded as a *late* or *lost* payment. That is why banks don't like them.

Mortgage payments are routinely shuffled around on the books, to always paint the bank in the best financial light...on paper.

Des

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I had a bofa account along time ago and their bank had a similar camera setup to take new customers pictures to put on the debit cards. So I think that that camera and tripod belonged to the bank.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've come to the conclusion a while ago due to observation and study on it. It's adding up to the full shift of credit, as opposed to use of cash. You are credit, credit is you. No longer is physical money to be valid. Even CCs will not hold up going the way of the USD.

Look to India as a reference. Biometrics.

RDIF? No. With a range of 12 inch scanning can't track you like a cell phone's GPS can.

If it continues and it is planned out this way for the global economy by as a Rothchild's quote to the effect of "currency has causes irritation...but I think everyone who knows how to deal with these situations...obviously The Powers That Be."Vid on ATS Thread : Biometrics will be the NewWorldCurrency, cellphones possible internet ID sign on(ACTA enforced?).
edit on 4-2-2012 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Fifth video....thanking "all my fans..."

Yup, not buying this is the whole story.

That video is 5 months old, the bank videos are 1 day old.

Their battle with BoA has been going on for a while.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join