It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awaiting the inheritance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

What is the reward? You get to inherit a kingdom prepared just for you!

Matthew 25

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

See?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
so we all get a kingdom? in the sky. surround by people with wings flying around?
i would rather have freedom from the slavery we are in. or gold.
also if everyone commands a kingdom who will they rule? the non-believers?

sorry just had to call it like i saw it. god bless

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Dear WarJohn,

To some extent, I have to agree with jazzguy. Do you mind if I split a hair? I didn't realize verse 34 referred to multiple kingdoms, one per believer. Sure, it could be done, no question. But I have always thought of it as one kingdom that all the believers shared.

Would you tell me what reason you had for your interpretation? (Which might very well be the correct one.)

Matthew 25

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't want to rule a kingdom...
I want to be happy with friends, go clubbing, fishing, etc...I don't have many desires of caesar. I can "inherit" a kingdom by flipping on a video game like sim city or the like, and shut it off when I grow tired of it.

Man, this totally calls out to the plebs of ancient society to not question earthly authority (after all, you get a kingdom when you die..so who cares about here.).

Passages like this make me even more convinced that religion is little more than a tool to control the poor and ignorant.

But at least we are judged by our works and not our philosophies...as it says. So, seems I won't be judged based on if I attended church, or believed in certain dudes to be avatars of god.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's funny how nobody noticed that even the Bible called whoever follows it as truth the same term that angers them into defensiveness today.

"Sheep".
edit on 4/2/2012 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

You already command a kingdom. The 50 trillion cells of your body represent one kingdom you have already been given.

Luke 12

But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Then, in John 3, we know that we must be born again into new life. We will have a new body and a new heaven and earth to reside in. The kingdom of God is the single cell; the human body; the ocean; the planet; the galaxy; the universe and more. Each part below comprises a part of the whole.

Another clue is here:

John 14

1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Another clue is here.

Deuteronomy 4:19

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the LORD took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Egypt is Earth. We are ultimately called out of this place to the promised land. In Deut. 6, we read another clue.

10 When the LORD your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the LORD, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

When we are brought out of slavery here, we will go to a place with all "These Things" already prepared for us.

Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Who is not included in this baptism into new life?

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

Corrupt leaders; experts in the law; money changers and the like already have their reward. The people are welcomed to the kingdom eternally.

edit on 4-2-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

top topics

join