It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Molecule Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I know that this is an introductions forum, but I cant make 20 intro posts to be able to post outside intros, so mods I apologize.

There's a thread out about a young girl who 'accidentally' discovered a new molecule.

Link To Thread

I've always had a serious passion for chemistry, and this really got me thinking.

In the video they mention that the compound might be able to be used as an explosive. Is that really true?
Well I started thinking about other compounds that are explosive, and the first one that came to mind was Methane CH4. I've drawn a diagram of the new molecule and methane side by side, and aside from some extra stuff at the ends, they're very similar in general structure. The atoms shown are only speculation, but by what the video said and what i know of covalent bonding (again, speculation) it would have to follow this pattern.

I wanted to get a discussion started about what the members of ATS think about this new compound.

They're so stuck in nanotech, that they're ignoring the still useful properties of the superquantum realm. Quantum makes bombs, subatomic makes bombs, atomic may make bombs. But we cant heal people (yet) with anything subatomic (I exclude radiation therapy, have no faith in it).

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

there is a thread about young girl here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

join