It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian government denies reports of army shelling city of Homs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The Syrian government has denied as baseless reports about shelling the central city of Homs at the hands of the Syrian military forces, the state-run news agency says.

The government "denies shelling by the army in certain districts of Homs, as peddled by television stations that are inciting violence," SANA news agency reported on Saturday.

The denial came after Syrian opposition groups claimed that dozens of civilians have lost their lives in an attack by the army on the violence-hit city.

Syria's government, however, blamed the attack on “armed gunmen.”

News Source

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
"Armed gunman" my left bum cheek.

The Syrian government are murdering their own people and its disgusting. I would say that what is happening now is on par or even worser than what was happening in Libya. Its becoming very frustrating to see nothing being done by any country apart from politicians appearing on TV pretending to care. If there ever was a case to go to war, its now. What else can the UK/US governments do?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
"Armed gunman" my left bum cheek.

The Syrian government are murdering their own people and its disgusting. I would say that what is happening now is on par or even worser than what was happening in Libya. Its becoming very frustrating to see nothing being done by any country apart from politicians appearing on TV pretending to care. If there ever was a case to go to war, its now. What else can the UK/US governments do?

Is that so? All news from Syria comes from one source in the UK and every news media outlet takes it for granted.

The Syrian opposition is a bunch of Al Qaeda terrorists led by CIA, Mossad, MI6, SAS and others, just like it happened in Libya. Exxtremists that have fought in Libya were brought to Syria to continue their fight there and the gullible braindead population in western countries again eats the BS that is presented by their politicians and media, while they lose lose their own individual freedom day by day./

join