It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN wants Global Tax:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

"No one should live below a certain income level," stated Milos Koterec, President of the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. "Everyone should be able to access at least basic health services, primary education, housing, water, sanitation and other essential services." These services were presented at the forum as basic human rights equal to the rights of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The money to fund these services may come from a new world tax.

This article is very interesting and I have yet to find any MSM talking about this, perhaps they will after the weekend, but right now, it's just local news close to the UN forum.

"We will need a modest but long-term way to finance this transformation," stated Jens Wandel, Deputy Director of the United Nations Development Program. "One idea which we could consider is a minimal financial transaction tax (of .005 percent). This will create $40 billion in revenue."

One of their ideas is to tax every single financial transaction and fundamentally "change" the system. There's that Change again that Obama has always talked about!!!!!

www.deseretnews.com...
edit on 3-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
They would need to start by removing the world’s current financial system.
A tax isn’t going to help at all when 1% of the population controls upwards of 50% of the wealth.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Apparently when we are born we signed contracts to pay taxes throughout our adult lives. I find this system funny. The disparity of wealth makes this system unsustainable. Is the answer more taxes? No. All we need is to revise all these economic laws put it place and get rid of the ones that can be exploited and create new ones.

For that to happen they need to do a hard reset, redistribute wealth, and make sure it can't be navigated around where a few can come out on top. If one created a system where everyone had what they needed. What wealthy people currently in power would ever come up with such a plan? Oh yeah, nobody...ever.

I just don't see how that could happen in this day and age of having to get the most you can.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Instead of thinking of ways to cash grab, they should clean out their own closets first. I hope people revolt till they go away.
edit on 4-2-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I grew up with star trek next gen. and deep space nine. I would kill to have a future run by the Federation type one world UN government. YET, for some reason I feel like the south during the civil war, holding on to state allegiance over the higher federal gov. I arm up, and hold on to my America, our frontier. Despite the " studies" who say conservatives have a less of an IQ, I don't. I started off a liberal, and once I became a full-time worker, I changed sides. We have one life, make the most of it. Sic vis pacem, para bellum.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

That is how "they" condition us for what the NWO has in mind after the "event", which will reset the earth and a world government can commence.

The UN legislaters will start studing the complexity of the world tax system and will have it prepared and ready to be introduced when called for.

In short...it has all to do with the preperation for a NWO.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Everybody has the right to free speech, this doesn't mean a global government, or any government has an obligation to provide this free speech. Every individual has the right to worship to the dictates of their own conscious. This doesn't mean government has an obligation to provide places of worship. Every person has the right to publish, this doesn't mean that government has an obligation to publish all that people want published for them. Every person has the right to travel freely. This doesn't mean government has an obligation to pay for peoples travel expenses. Every person has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This doesn't mean that government has an obligation to prohibit death, and certainly doesn't mean government has an obligation to make everybody happy.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well they better go after the wealthy because they are the only ones who have money to give of recent times...

The rest of the commoners on the planet are having enough trouble putting food on the table and paying the mortgage and electric bill.

The wealthy have it 'made-in-the-shade' especially with the Bush tax holiday for them that somehow STILL IS GOING ON!!!!!!
They got tons of money UN, go get 'em!!

Bother the wealthy with your FLIPPIN' tax, and leave the rest of us the # ALONE!!!!
edit on 4-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I thought this was going to be about the Global Poverty Act. (The only bill that actually seems to have truth in it's title!?) I hadn't thought about it for a while.

From an article called:"GLOBAL POVERTY ACT IS BACK"
newswithviews.com...

Gates didn’t just dream this up on his own accord. He is actually resurrecting legislation a bill introduced in 2008 by then Senator Barack Obama. It was called the Global Poverty Act. Obama introduced the bill during his one abbreviated term in the U.S. Senate.

The bill was one of the only pieces of legislation ever introduced by Senator Barack Obama, and it wasn’t just a compassionate bit of fluff that Obama dreamed up to help the poor of the world. This bill was directly tied to the United Nations and served as little more than a shake down of American taxpayers in a massive wealth redistribution scheme. The Global Poverty Act would provide the United Nations with 0.7% of the United States gross national product. Estimates indicated that would add up to at least $845 billion of taxpayer money into UN coffers, to be spent (or wasted) by UN bureaucrats. The excuse for the taxing, of course, is to help end poverty in third world countries. The bill died in Congress in 2008 after passing unanimously in the House. Now Bill Gates has resurrected it.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Why would anyone finance failed tyrannical govts run by thugs with no rule of law and with disgusting human rights violations? Unless you want to financially support warlords & UN personnel, you're better off privately donating money to specific projects administered by churches & charities. Chances are, people may actually be helped.

The UN is great at paying its staffers, not so much at actually helping desperate human beings- anyone remember Haiti? I think 2/3 of that money went to staff payments. What about Rwanda? Darfur? Ethiopia?Bosnia?

My heart aches for the suffering of others, but giving the thugs a pipeline to continue with less consequences is a horrible choice. Many of them are outta money and short on time and are counting on infusions just like this to keep control. Plus, the fiction that it's to 'help' people is damaging to all of us. It frees people from actually finding out what's really happening and reduces private charity & so misery continues to grow.

Lastly, how's that whole welfare thing working out so far, like in the US, UK and Ireland? It's not like it spreads exponentially, is rife with corruption and still manages to screw the people who really need it while creating a large, entitled underclass that votes for ever more bread and circuses...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Why indeed? The U.N. is Un-kind to mankind,that's why!

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

This has been a gold for a long time.
Carbon tax is another attemp to get a worldgovernment.

The controled devaluation of USD and the new fiscal treaty in Europe is some of the current steps used to reach this goal.

The positive thing is that people like Ron Paul awakened many Americans to the horrors of the FED and in Europe the populations is slowly raising their voice.
England and Chekoslovakie already said NO to the financiel treaty, Greece might also be forced to leave.

In other European countries where we're not using the EURO the politicians try to rob the people of a chance for a refferendum. Many polls shows 65-70% of the Danes believe the treaty is stealing our souvereignity and we're demanding the refferendum all over the media. Our prime minister offcause disagree on the part about souvereignity and therefore she believe a refferendum aint needed. At moment theres 43 of 60 needed votes inside the parliament who demand a refferendum in Denmark, hopefully they can convince 17 more.

The Danish public also made another move against the EU tyranni, we finaly is going to trial Anders Fogh Rasmussen for signing the Lisabon treaty. If he lose that case, then the Danish participation in the Lisabon treaty is illigal and we may be lucky enough to pull out of it because of coruption or atleast force a refferedum about if we should stay inside the Lisabon treaty or not.

In Ireland Shin Fain also demands a refferendum about the fiscal treaty.

edit on 4-2-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
UN wants our TAX but also they want our WATER.
Since we are mainly WATER, UN wants us dead. This saves a lot of WATER and is good for CO2 reduction and Global Warming.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since Global Warming TAX is difficult to sell, UN changed it to Agenda 21: SUSTAINABILITY
And yes, do not forget the SUSTAINABILITY TAX.
UN Sustainability Conference in Rio to Avoid Climate Talk
thenewamerican.com...

edit on 4-2-2012 by hawk123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Dear jj3rd77,

You might like to look at this thread that a posted a little while ago and read the articles that it links to.

Fed Reserve, Foreign Currency and New Tax

To summarize quickly, the Federal Reserve is embarking on loaning dollars to foreign non-central banks in exchange we will hold on to their currencies until repaid. This has not been done before, generally such trades were limited to the central banks. The day after the first article came out another article came out saying that there was an intent to tax all currency exchanges and give this tax to the United Nations to fight global warming. Now they are saying they want the money to help the poor. It does not matter what excuse they choose to you, in the end they want an international tax and the power to tax is the power to control.

When I was growing up people who claimed that there were forces that wanted a one world government were laughed and called bigots, frequently the John Birch Society was sited as right wing wackos. Now we have people openly saying that this is the direction that we want to go and people who think world government is a natural evolution of society.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
They would need to start by removing the world’s current financial system.
A tax isn’t going to help at all when 1% of the population controls upwards of 50% of the wealth.

Who do you think would be in charge of collecting and disbursing the income garnered from such a tax?

The 99%? No, it'd be big banks who are benefiting from it.

top topics

join