It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Strange light flashes over D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Not too much to report at the moment, but there have been reports of strange flashing lights in Washington, D.C.

Strange light reportedly flashes across Washington, D.C., sky - NBC Washington seeks tweets, pics - [email protected]

25 minutes ago via breakingnews.com

twitter.com...

If anyone comes across more information, please share. (also read reports of ground shaking in ct - or this might be nothing)

Figured I would share.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well hopefully someone got a picture.

Maybe it's the aliens revisiting? Like in 1952.

edit on 3-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm sure it's nothing but one of these days it will be.
Until a ufo lands on the White House lawn or in the middle of Times Square that's all they will ever be,
flashing lights.

Meteors can be pretty amazing sometimes too so we shall see.
Unless it was something soooooo ground breaking and Earth Shattering that there is NO POSSIBLE WAY
the media can ignore it then I am afraid this will be right there alongside of Ron Paul on the msm list of "things to report on".

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I haven't seen a thing. Just checked out the local news pages online and there's nothing about lights...other than the twitter page you've linked. I'm certainly interested in hearing more on this. I'll keep digging to see if I can come up with any other sources.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Any chance it has something to do with Iran recently launching a satellite in orbit? Kinda funny this breaking news about lights in the sky happens over our capital.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Exactly my thoughts, the timeliness of this event, go beyond normal reasoning, and in light of recent other events, I think it warrants attention....

Looking for info now...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
thought this tweet in response was hilarious

@BreakingNews Sasha playing with the WH Laser defense system, again!

HAvent seen anything besides this twitter report.. looking for more info as well

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If it was a green flash, I had the pleasure of viewing a meteorite falling from the sky with the green tail around 10:23pm tonight while I was doing security.I live on long island tho

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
some reports that it was a meteor but nothing is conclusive yet. Strange no pics have surfaced after a whole hour.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I hope they're not earthquake lights. That area is low enough as it is.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
some reports that it was a meteor but nothing is conclusive yet. Strange no pics have surfaced after a whole hour.

Maybe everyone in D.C died or something happened over there and they can't communicate for some reason. I know it sounds like a bunch of crap but what doesn't nowadays? So it has to be considered.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
New news...

seems like a meteor

Bolide Meteor Fireball with Sonics

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I don't know if it is related, but I saw a flash at 10:38 PM in the Central Ohio area. I was in my living room watching a hockey game and feeding my son a bottle when the flash occurred. It was very similar to a camera flash, but came in through the windows on opposing sides of the room. I didn't get up to see what caused the flash since I was feeding my son, but I did notate the time just in case there was a post about it here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think bknapple32 nailed it with this post. I think we're safe from a D.C. Alien invasion tonight.

I also put that information in the original post

Thanks bknapple32

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
would a meteor that i seen from long island be able to be viewed also in dc and ohio?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It was reported earlier in the week that there would be some sort of "air defense drills" or something along that line conducted later in the week in the DC area. I have no idea where I read that but it was on an ATS thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Except... It was confirmed to be a meteor....

new topics

top topics

join