It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Better in Education or Political Madness. Please take the test.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't think that the American public school system is held in high regard. Well, here's a chance for the students of a Washington State high school to correct that impression.

They answer questions on North American Geography, American History and political leaders.

In a video that’s probably a few hours from going viral, a young man decided to question classmates for a video called “Lunch Scholars.” It is anything but scholarly. HuffPo explains:

Austin, an intrepid young student-reporter, embarks on the noble mission of answering the question, “How much basic knowledge do American high school students really have?” The answer, however, may not be exactly what you want to hear.

HuffPo may have said it best: “If there was ever a movie to make you laugh to keep from crying, it’s this one.”

[www.theblaze.com...]

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang
But with stupid people going off into the world to make their mark and breed more stupid people.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Oh great. This isn't funny, as messed up as it is but yeah not funny

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What are they being taught instead of these basics? I'm still kind of slack-jawed about it. They've had years to learn the basics, are they learning something else instead? What? We're toast.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
"Name a country that starts with a U." "Utopia." Priceless!

edit on 3-2-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Wow! I just can say : wow!

It's pretty sad to see the generations coming are that ignorant. I really hope he took the worst candidates to put them on the video and that 95% of the others were right! If not, i really hope 2012 is the end of the world as we know it! (not really but...)

Peace out.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
"Name a country that starts with a U." "Utopia." Priceless!

edit on 3-2-2012 by windword because: spelling

Urope was a good one too! At least she figured out by herself that it's beginning with an "E" (still not a country...)

Peace out.

new topics

top topics

join