It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird "Second light source" in North Carolina sky 02/03/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Good afternoon yall. Im currently standing a post for a security company. As Im monitoring the camera systems, I notice employees walking into the building comment on as they describe a "second light source, half as bright as the sun, with a rainbowish tail coming from behind it". Well I started looking for on the cameras to no avail. It finally dissapated after 15 minutes.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? The employees (witnesses) are very credible, them being my supervisor, a Baptist Preacher (who works as a computer tech) and his assistant.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Wait what? Your computer tech is a preacher?

Well, if that just doesn't take all...
Considering the sort of stuff that floats around the web...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeycowboy

Well I live in North Carolina and I haven't seen anything quite that signifigant, though I am wondering how someone would notice a second light source half as bright as the sun. In the day time.. It's not exactly easy to distinguish if daylight is brighter then normal. At night this would be much easier to believe. Lord knows I would never question a Preacher........... but yea I have no idea why did you post this under the category you did out of cuirousity?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

I didnt mean to post it here, I had had the forum open and wanted to get the info out asap. I personally didnt see, though i wish i had, wouldve taken some pics of something.

The description is from 3 people who saw it all at the same time. The camera system I was monitoring at the time recorded them reacting to what they saw, but there were no cameras looking at what they saw.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Based off of your description it could be a number of different things, two simple explanations come to mind:

a. Sundog

b. Circumhorizontal Arc

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by clowdstalker

Thank you very much. Based from their descriptions, that sundog thing seems to line up to a T. Thanks again fir the info, I figured somebody on here would know

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Glad to help

They are not that common so cheers for sighting a pretty groovy atmospheric phenomenon.

new topics

top topics

join