It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultrasound testicles zapping could be the next male contraceptive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Zapping testicles with ultrasound can reduce sperm counts and might be used in the future as an inexpensive, reliable and reversible male contraceptive, according to US researchers.

The team led by Doctor James Tsuruta found that by rotating high frequency (3MHz) ultrasound around the testicles, they were able to cause depletion of germ cells throughout the testes, the reports said.

The procedure reduced the sperm count to zero, the researchers said.

FULL ARTICLE

I'll pass...

But seriously it can be a great solution. Like they said its " inexpensive, reliable and reversible"

I think the problem with this product will be to " sell it " i mean, they better have the top PR firm to overcome the obvious male protective instinct when it come to this part of anatomy.

Im sure its painless and so...but still, i have some instinctive repulsion about this process.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I didn't exactly get a "good" feeling reading "zapping testicles", to be honest

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just reading the title made me CRINGE!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
testicular cancer sure is fun isnt it?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yikes! Just the thread title gives me the willies. I'll stick to the ol' fashioned way... pulling out.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
given you have to sit with your 2 best friends in a salt water solution for 15 mins or so getting them zapped 2 or more times versus the normal methods i think most people will carry on with what they're used to rather than trust some zapping of the gents bits and hoping it works

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Im sure the eugenics people will love this one... Then they could just turn up the power and zap the testis of newborn babies and perminently sterilize them while saying it's just an "ultrasound"

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is an old story and BTW, my title was much better when I posted it months ago.

Blast your nuts with ultrasound. The next big male contraceptive?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't want to have to schedule an ultrasound every time I manage to scrounge up a date for Saturday night. Won't a good, swift kick accomplish pretty much the same thing?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

By Agence France-Presse
Monday, January 30, 2012 7:41 EST

It seem it is a new story for them...

I hate ATS search engine... didn't see your thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

my question is how in the hell did this doctor find out that this works? was he just sitting around his office bored and just started zapping him self. in any case i dont think zapping and testis should be in the same sentence or even in the same paragraph for that matter.

any ways if it works, is painless, and can be reversed i think it would be worth a look in to as an alternative to getting sniped. cus maybe right now you dont want kids but in the future you might want some more little pains running around your house.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414
Yikes! Just the thread title gives me the willies. I'll stick to the ol' fashioned way... pulling out.

That deserves a star... Thought you were going to say "use a condom". Didn't think you would go that far back. Guess i'm just old fashioned too.

Edit to add: In regards to the topic I would rather put my junk in a microwave set on high before I let someone ultrasound my private parts.
edit on 3-2-2012 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
As a woman seeking to fulfill biological needs, I am only interested in a man that can offer truly healthy sperm... to produce healthy offspring. I get a very bad feeling about this. I hope men who cherish their right to contribute to the unbroken genetic epic and extend life into the future think very wisely before doing this.

Being sterilized unwittingly would be the saddest tragedy. Don't let anyone rob you of a future... of living into the future.

top topics

join