It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Assange case we are all suspects now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Washington's enemy is not "terrorism" but the principle of free speech and voices of conscience within its militarist state.

www.newstatesman.com...

This month's Supreme Court hearing in the Julian Assange case has profound meaning for the preservation of basic freedoms in western democracies. This is Assange's final appeal against his extradition to Sweden to face allegations of sexual misconduct that were originally dismissed by the chief prosecutor in Stockholm and constitute no crime in Britain.

The consequences, if he loses, lie not in Sweden but in the shadows cast by America's descent into totalitarianism. In Sweden, he is at risk of being "temporarily surrendered" to the US, where his life has been threatened and he is accused of "aiding the enemy" with Bradley Manning, the young soldier accused of leaking evidence of US war crimes to WikiLeaks.

I still don't see how sharing infromation on a crimainal act (war crimes) is 'aiding the enemy'. Is the US saying they don't want people to know the horrors and crimes committed by the US in war? Saying he is guilty of 'aiding the enemy' because basically he told on the US military and shared 'war crimes' with the public is like a mafioso kind of statement. "Well we do the crime but if you tell your gonna do the time?" Democracy or Dictatorship, I can't tell anymore.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

Ever since i heard hillary clinton say; "aiding the enemy", i uncontrollably laughed. The whole wikileaks embassy cables release and the iraq war logs was to show the world what is actually going on behind closed doors. To show the world, what is happening and what is being covered up within politics. If manning was indeed the source of the leaks, he wouldn't have "aided the enemy" if nothing was being covered up.

To say "aiding the enemy" is that the whole world and it's own people in the US are the enemy? On that note, everyone is a terrorist and/or suspect according to hillary.

This is dem-o-crazy, do as we say but not as we do.

The important thing here, however is nothing to do with wikileaks at the supreme court hearing. At face value it is an accusation from a feminist, within a pro-feminist state over a condom that broke during consensual sex, offered to have an interview, the prosecutor denied, asked to leave the country, gained permission, now being put up for extradition... give him a break. Nothing but madness, and i don't think anyone with a sane mind can think this case isn't being manufactured or politically influenced.

And to point the obvious, why has the US "not" publicly asked for assange to be extradited if they claim they can do so? Because they are the ones behind the exaggerated claims coming from sweden.

Put this together with domestic drone use, sending tourist's home and barring them from the country over jokes, TSA man-handling, police oppression, intellectual property/copyright claims being more important than human rights, NDAA... you gotta wonder, is it really a good thing to be living in america at this moment in time? I'd be scared if i did...

1+1=2.

I'll finish with this:

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.

Sound's about right.

new topics

join