It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The West to Israel: Don't Attack Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

www.time.com

— Israel's major allies in the West are working hard to talk it out of a unilateral military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, arguing forcefully that an attack ultimately would strengthen, not weaken, the regime in Tehran.
The United States is leading the persuasion initiative, even though Washington largely has concluded that outside argument will have little effect on Israeli decision-making.

Read more: www.time.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is classic,
*good cop*,
*bad cop*.

Only this is on a national scale.

Israel is playing *bad cop*
right now, telling America they would
like to attack soon.
America then assumes the *good cop*
role, and the good friend who is holding
you back from beating someones ass.
Quite comical if you ask me.

www.time.com

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ya it's just hilarious!

Two nations are playing off of each other trying to figure which one gets the first shot, whom gets to kill millions more Muslims, whom gets to blow up nuke plants that may contaminate the entire area......and you think it's funny?

The entire Middle East is in turmoil, except Iran being somewhat stable, and the big boys on the playground want to pick a fight.

edit on 3-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It is kind of funny.

Israel has been saying even a nuclear armed Iran is not an existential threat to them. They have never expressed fears about the regime in Iran. So why would Israel attack Iran's nuclear facilities? And if it did, why would they care whether the regime is strengthened or not?

So what is the point in asking Israel not to do what they don't seem to be planning to and offer an excuse that is not a disincentive to Israel if it were planning to?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is just so the west can hoodwink there citizens that it's for democracy and freedom so they'll agree. I think some of the Israeli's citizens are convinced already and that they have the bonus of not just ending a ten year long war.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So while the West advises Israel not to attack, it makes the citizens feel that maybe the Countries are waking up to the peoples feelings but if Israel attacks and is put into a precarious situation, the West will surely come to its aid. This will be acceptable in the general publics eyes and the establishment wins the hearts and gets the campaign it was hoping for. I'm not antisemitic at all but they are using this as their conditioning program with the hopes of no backlash.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
An attack on Iran will be another disaster for the world.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Based upon the fun I had in 'Nam, I would like to take this opportunity to make a suggestion.

Since it appears the governments of both the U S and Israel are so hot for a war; why not let them fight each other.

This may seem a little radical but it always worked with the little kids I went to school with.

That way no one except the ones who want to fight will be hurt.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

www.time.com

— Israel's major allies in the West are working hard to talk it out of a unilateral military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, arguing forcefully that an attack ultimately would strengthen, not weaken, the regime in Tehran.
The United States is leading the persuasion initiative, even though Washington largely has concluded that outside argument will have little effect on Israeli decision-making.

Read more: www.time.com...

You mean sorta like the way that the United States has helped to strengthen the regimes in other countries by going in and taking out their leaders?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

US is just going through the motions to appear the middle ground. They know Israel will take out Iran

US knows full well Israel will attempt to take out the Iranian threat, because that's what Israel does every time when seeing a nuclear foe in the making.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Almost daily now we see this West/Israel vs. Iran situation and Iran isn't some little girl who is going to run from a fight. if Israel wants it (and believe me they do) they are gonna get it.

However it won't turn out the wat Iran wants. Theya re going to get bombed in oblivion and if they think they have a shred of hope at this point they are wrong. Israel isn't going to wait for the U.S to make up their mind. I give it one more month and Iran's nuclear bases will be leveled and filling the area with radioactive material...

Im not taking sides.

Just my opinion.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Its not gonna happen just yet....Israel does want US support...they are gonna wait until the US is closer to its election campaign time.
Israel will bomb just a few select nuclear facilities, then Hezbollah will do the retaliating on Israel...Iran won't directly respond I think

Found this very interesting article...at the end is a QA that really examines the possibilites

openchannel.msnbc.msn.com...

"Israeli military intelligence assessment is that Iran’s military response to such an attack would be muted, in part because of its limited capability and in part because of it understands a massive attack would be met with massive response."

top topics

join