It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl gets a 6 organ transplant!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Only a 6 organ transplant!!

news.yahoo.com...

HOLLIS, Maine (AP) — A 9-year-old Maine girl is home from a Boston hospital healthy, active and with high hopes — and a new stomach, liver, spleen, small intestine, pancreas, and part of an esophagus to replace the ones that were being choked by a huge tumor.

The human body is something amazing. This little girl is struggling to survive after all these procedures AND still has an optomistic point of view. (Yes, she's six but come on!) Let's hope those organs take and we can read about her grand-kids in 50 years!
edit on 2-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Wow her parents must be rich. And what about those poor sods donating all those organs? They must have been kids in similar ages too for those organs to fit right? Wonder how much they got payed... And if any of them survived to tell the tale

Maybe those donors where from china.

Btw got a link to that article?
edit on 2-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Money should have nothing to do with it. But I can't say that it doesn't. In an equal world, one donor can affect so many more. This is just a great story and sign your organ donor cards.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

You beat me to the money point!
All I will say is her Doctors are heros and she is a brave little girl. Good luck brave little girl!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Can't wait until they perfect the R&D of Stem Cells and Organ Cultivation (making exact copy of spare parts for a person requiring one using genetic/dna sequence blue print of a person).
edit on 3-2-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

top topics

join