It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KISSFM Records Strange Noise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Website with the video:

kissfm969.com...

ORIGINAL VIDEO:

A video showing where Cadillac Cruz, a DJ for Blake and KISSFM, storms in and yanks KISSFM radio host off the air to show him the noise outside.

Now, are we to trust a radio station on this? Do you think they would tarnish their reputation to post this? Do we still think this is a publicity stunt or hoax? Not choosing sides, just throwing this out there
You decide.
edit on 2-2-2012 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Radio = Media
Media = Lies

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Pieces of the "Kiev sounds" YouTube video have been added to the sound track. In parts of it, you can hear the bird twitter and children shouting that were in the background of the Kiev video. The lazy hoaxers did not bother to filter them out.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

S for you, yes I found the same background noise, exactly the same, lame

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by ApolloBloodline

I worked for a radio group for over 7 years. I'm going to go with on-air stunt. If the event really did happen and the station has a media partner, like a tv station, they would have called someone else for verification.

I participated in many stunts (i.e. hoaxs) and they are really not that hard to pull off. Even employees that worked in the building believed some of the stuff we did.

OiO

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
STUNT STUNT STUNT STUNT

I can hear birds, AT NIGHT!!!!

Same track as Kiev.

STUNT STUNT STUNT STUNT

This crap is taking our attention away from the REAL videos and sound.

Dorian Soran - the good doctor.
edit on 2-2-2012 by DorianSoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Is this KISS in Pgh, Pa?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If this is legit does it happen to correspond to the time that the fireball was seen over OK and TX? It would be an interesting correlation if so.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Reply to post by ApolloBloodline

I worked for a radio group for over 7 years. I'm going to go with on-air stunt. If the event really did happen and the station has a media partner, like a tv station, they would have called someone else for verification.

I participated in many stunts (i.e. hoaxs) and they are really not that hard to pull off. Even employees that worked in the building believed some of the stuff we did.

OiO

Side note to topic at hand. I spent 15 years on air at various stations and cities (PD/MD/APD). What city did you work in? Were you "ON AIR"?

Dorian Soran

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by DorianSoran

Ha! No amount of money on the planet could motivate me to be on-air (or on camera) as a full time job. I don't see how ya'll do it.

And my market was Knoxville.

OiO

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Since we HATE hoaxers because of how they derail potentially important investigations... how do we get back at these tools?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
If this is legit does it happen to correspond to the time that the fireball was seen over OK and TX? It would be an interesting correlation if so.

No the fireball was at 8pm while the video in the OP was recorded at 11:50pm

Obvious viral marketing attempt.

edit on 2-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
Radio = Media
Media = Lies

Well thank you for your massively insightful opinion, I can only imagine researching that must have been hard work. I suggest you have a nice lie down now, you've earned it.

--

On topic - It DOES sound like the Kiev sounds, BUT - why would two experienced audio DJ's using digital technology not be able to remove or edit the 'bird sounds' or 'kid sounds' - which personally I couldn't hear, but the 'roar' sounds like the Kiev video.

If I was going to pull of a stunt as a DJ (and i've been a radio DJ) would be to make my hoax sound convincing to the experts. Not that I would, but I hope you can see my point. I would have edited out any mistakes (such as the birds/kids).

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Radio = Media
Media = Lies

Well thank you for your massively insightful opinion, I can only imagine researching that must have been hard work. I suggest you have a nice lie down now, you've earned it.

--

On topic - It DOES sound like the Kiev sounds, BUT - why would two experienced audio DJ's using digital technology not be able to remove or edit the 'bird sounds' or 'kid sounds' - which personally I couldn't hear, but the 'roar' sounds like the Kiev video.

If I was going to pull of a stunt as a DJ (and i've been a radio DJ) would be to make my hoax sound convincing to the experts. Not that I would, but I hope you can see my point. I would have edited out any mistakes (such as the birds/kids).

Thanks, I did have a nice lie down and now I feel great!

So you've been a radio DJ? That explains your unimpressive attempt at sarcasm. Still, I understand that you have to look out for your own - Even if your 'own' are involved with lies and corruption

On topic - I personally believe there is something (possibly) controversial with these strange sounds, I just wouldn't believe anything coming from the media or similar ilks.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

I can't really comment on the validity of this particular video or radio station, but I do know that my local radio stations have been known for pulling pranks before. One that stands out is when a DJ announced on the air that the city had made it illegal to smoke inside personal vehicles. Listeners were very highly upset and it caused a major uproar that eventually got the radio station in trouble. So, I wouldn't say it's legit just because it came from a radio station.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That's a fair question mr-lizard!! I'm just guessing, but this video could have been filmed the night before, then passed off to someone on support staff to hoax-up. And unless that person was trained in audio, they might not have had the skills to removed the extra sounds (or the desire to).

Also. Is there ever an explanation as to why it starts the way it does? Is the opening supposed to be: he pulls in, hears the sound, runs into the building (without alerting anyone) to grab a camera then runs back outside?

OiO

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

I really wounder why people can't notice its the exact same loop... 9 out of 10 of these utube videos about "the sound" has the same little kid having a good time and yelling in the backround... its at 21 second just as he rattles around for his keys

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So you've been a radio DJ? That explains your unimpressive attempt at sarcasm.

Amongst many other things. What's your excuse?

Still, I understand that you have to look out for your own - Even if your 'own' are involved with lies and corruption

Whom am I looking after? I already laid my critique, maybe you just skipped it in your media fury?

On topic - I personally believe there is something (possibly) controversial with these strange sounds, I just wouldn't believe anything coming from the media or similar ilks.

I too believe there's something odd out there, but some of the videos are fake. Others aren't. In my opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So you've been a radio DJ? That explains your unimpressive attempt at sarcasm.

Amongst many other things. What's your excuse?

Still, I understand that you have to look out for your own - Even if your 'own' are involved with lies and corruption

Whom am I looking after? I already laid my critique, maybe you just skipped it in your media fury?

I too believe there's something odd out there, but some of the videos are fake. Others aren't. In my opinion.

1st of all I really do have better things to do than break down your post like you did mine.

But to answer your questions,

- I was only sarcastic in return because you were unnecessarily sarcastic to me in the first place, yes I know i shouldn't have stopped to your level but hey ho, nobody's perfect.

- It seemed you are 'looking after your own' hence why you reacted the way you did to my post. I thought i made that perfectly clear??

- I don't have a 'media fury' going on. I just know their job is to get a story, 'twist' beyond the truth, then throw out there for the gullible masses to read as true, And if you disagree that is what they do? Then you might want to open your eyes a bit.

- Finally It looks like we have a similar opinion about the strange sounds, so why the petty bickering?
Lets just leave it that.

Peace
edit on 2-2-2012 by Ozvaldo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Clearly a stunt, in my opinion.

The perfect announcing of the radio station ID, as soon as he gets close to the door...
The smiling of the DJ, as soon as he signs off and cues a song...as if he's "in on it"...
There is no real rush and and how did the first guy come across those sounds from inside his car?

If it was real, these guys would be freaking out seriously.
Not taking their time and "acting" like they are hearing something.

Plus the birds chirping is a dead ringer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join