It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Google Real-Time Search Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Does anyone else miss google real-time search? Is it ever coming back? I remember when it went missing (around the time of the London Riots) I assumed it was something to do with 'flash mobs'. When I went searching I found that Google was claiming its agreement with Twitter has expired. I thought that sounded fishy. I found the Twitter posts to be secondary. It was great for getting up to date info as it happened when a current event was happening in the form of articles. I remember using it when the mass animal deaths were happening and when the Osama thing happened.

I think the CIA doesnt want info out before they can screen it. Now the best you get with a google search is 'Past hour' In that 'hour' I assume the CIA has programs to scan for keywords so they can filter anything they dont want us to see/know. I think they definitley ensure that a google search with a keyword contains only what they allow.

I dont believe that a Twitter contract expired. I havent heard anyone question the whole 'real-time' disappearance thing. Is this a new conspiracy?
Did I add my own spin at least?

en.wikipedia.org...

mashable.com...
edit on 2-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Yeah I loved that one too, you can now search for real time stuff here: twitter.com...#!/search . It's not as convenient as Google was but does the job if you know what you're looking for

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Thanks.

I do miss it. You could just leave it and the latest articles would roll down.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
Does anyone else miss google real-time search? Is it ever coming back? I remember when it went missing (around the time of the London Riots) I assumed it was something to do with 'flash mobs'. When I went searching I found that Google was claiming its agreement with Twitter has expired. I thought that sounded fishy. I found the Twitter posts to be secondary. It was great for getting up to date info as it happened when a current event was happening in the form of articles. I remember using it when the mass animal deaths were happening and when the Osama thing happened.

I think the CIA doesnt want info out before they can screen it. Now the best you get with a google search is 'Past hour' In that 'hour' I assume the CIA has programs to scan for keywords so they can filter anything they dont want us to see/know. I think they definitley ensure that a google search with a keyword contains only what they allow.

I dont believe that a Twitter contract expired. I havent heard anyone question the whole 'real-time' disappearance thing. Is this a new conspiracy?
Did I add my own spin at least?

en.wikipedia.org...

mashable.com...

You mean as you type, it it continually searches for things? They still have it. I'm on google right now. -_-

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

No remember you could hit realtime search and after you typed the stuff would scroll down? You got twitter comments but you also got news articles and more importantly blog entries and video as stuff was being put on the net. It was instant. They couldnt control it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

No, what you are talking about is Google Instant and it is working. And what OP is talking about feature with which you could search for real time info from twitter, blogs and news sites.

@OP: And I don't really think that any conspiracy is going on here. Do you know the any keywords that is being watched over? If you do, tests can be performed to check whether it is going on or not.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

This site is handy, www.monitter.com... it displays real-time (recent) results.

If you're handy in any scripting languages, you can also easily display real time tweets by sending querys to search.twitter.com... (example; news) and parsing the rss data, or you can even refresh the page in a web browser that supports rss reading.

That's the two methods i use for checking twitter news as it happens, since the google one dissapeared.
edit on 2/2/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Thanks hey

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I added the justintv app to my android phone which streams live video from your phone
. This way when I see something I can post it up in real time and it will be there on their server for the world to see as it happens... No loading needed

It's time to use our weapons of technology/knowledge against them, as they have tried to do to us.

I haven't used it yet but the more people who put this on their phone will be prepared the next time "something" odd happens. Then you might stop seeing comments like "I did not have time to run in and get a camera", and more evidence of corruption will be aired.

Just imagine if a Libyan was hiding in the closet as they shot Gaddafi and caught the lies on video, or if someone caught the guy dropping the passport on 9/11, or better yet slipped a phone into Obama's pocket and caught him red handed selling out America...

you never know...

top topics

join