It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugar Should Be Regulated As Toxin, Researchers Say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

how is that a poison or toxic your body?
if you step in fire, and stay there you will die.
you will die of drinking excess, if you are so inclined to do so.
however, your body will give you a heads up.
if you stop just before the moment of death, your body will recover without any toxicity.
you can over drink or overeat yourself with anything, however cod is most likely suffocation (drowning) or acute toxicity (alcohol) or your stomach bursting.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I have an old Betty Crocker cookbook from the 50's.

Everything is cups of sugar and pounds of straight lard.

Yet where was obesity then? Where were all the fat kids?

Most work was physical, kids played outside (Oh, horrors) and we all walked more. I have that old Betty Crocker cookbook too and you're right... there's refined sugar in just about everything baked or cooked. Thing is... we just burned away those extra calories with physical exercise.

Today... not so much.

But there's another angle nobody wants to acknowledge because it might hurt the oil industry:

How much of an industry is plastic? Is it too big to fail or is it making us too big to get off the couch?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
wrong, i put the answers in between.

Originally posted by Binder

Originally posted by BBalazs
FACT: The human body doesn't need SUGAR. It makes its own. Thank you!
FACT 2: SUGAR rich foods contain very low nutritional value.
FACT 3: SUGARY foods are enzyme poor, making the body unable to process is well.
FACT 4: SUGARY foods, when processed convert mainly to fat, taking along any LOVE aka added chemicals with them, and storing it. To be used another day, or perhaps poisoning YOU!
FACT 5: If it look, smells, and behaves like poison, it IS most likely poison.

As for regulation, not sure.
But I dare anyone to challenge those FACTS.
edit on 2-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

Challenge Accepted:

FACT 1: Every system of the body can survive without glucose(the eventual metabolic product of the breakdown of carbohydrates, and "sugar") by the body's production of ketone bodies from protein catabolism. Every system except the CNS(brain). The brain runs on glucose, and their is no substitute. If you consume absolutely no sugar ever you will slip into a coma, and die. It doesn't ake much, but you must consume some. (about 20-30 grams a day.)
WRONG!!!!!!!! your body produces its OWN sugar from carbs, proteins and fat. NO NEED for extra SUGAR.

FACT 2: The sugar content of food has no bearing on its nutrient density. Yes soda has no nutritional value, and is very high in sugar content, but fruit also has a high frucose(sugar) content, but is fairly nutrient dense.
TECHNICALITY. In the context of the article I was referring processed SUGARY foods, but fair point. Also, fruits IS NOT A SUGAR. Its called fruit. Now we can get back to nitpicking about complex carbohydrates, but the fact remains: We do not NEED SUGAR in and of itself. We do NOT NEED dead foods.I mean our bodies. If you are going to argue that complex carbohydrates (and others) are broken into sugar, I will not argue, you have made my point. Sure they are, thats why we do not need extra SUGAR in and of itself. The case of the fruit is fare point, but we also don't need FRUITS. FRUIT, you got me, but still fruit contains NUTRIENTS essential to its digestion, and enyzmes.What do other sugary, processed junk food got? Nada. But, again fair point. I will amend: SUGARY PROCESSED FOODS HAVE LITTLE NUTRITIONAL VALUE.

FACT 3: Refer back to fact #2. Sugars are used to create ATP to make energy to make enzymes during anabolism.
REFER BACK TO 1, SUGAR is MADE by your body from carbs, proteins and fat, no need for extra stuff. NO biological NEED.

FACT4: Sugary foods convert mostly to GLUCOSE, which causes an insulin spike which causes storage, and use of the faster metabolizing glucose first, and storage of all the other stuff. (proteins, and fats, which are slower, and take more energy to metabolize.)
Exactly. So on this we agree. As we have no NEED for this stuff, and it nutritionally valueless, it just gets stored along with the love.

FACT 5: Then you must never ingest anything into your body ever again! Everything is a poison at the correct dose, and route of administration. If you drink too much water it will kill you.
Water is NOT TOXIC. That is a lame argument, I am sure you know that. So I am not going to challenge it. Anyway WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SUGAR!
As for below, I said I am against REGULATION.

TRY AGAIN?

As for regulation. HELL NO! We are on the slippery slope with this BS already. 15 years ago when they started in on smokers we all joked that someday they would regulate everything, air, sunlight, and water. Today it isn't a joke anymore. They are seriously looking at doing just that! Sugar is the most basic nutrient your body needs. We crave it because we are hardwired in our primitive brain to do so. Concentrated sugar used to be an extreme rarity in our available food sources, so we are wired to seek it out, and consume it whenever available. In our modern world it is simply easily available, but our wiring hasn't caught up yet. Yes, we over consume, but having the government step in to regulate it is a TERRIBLE idea. If your physicaI output is enough you can eat a lot of sugar because it is fast easily available energy source. If you are sedentary you can't eat as much without storing the other stuff. But you cannot live without it. I would rather deal with the consequences of too much freedom, than the tyranny of none. Now hand me that ice cream, and leave me alone.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I don't believe most of their crapola. They demonize the things your body requires instead of the poisons. I will never allow them to dictate to me how much sugar I use, but I demand they rid the world of their toxins, radiation, Fukushima's and GMO.

They dont dictate anything to me.

Period.

They're the paid ears, not I.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I would imagine, out getting exercise in the fresh air everyday and not sitting at home on their games consoles eating fake junk foods on a daily basis.

edit on 2-2-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

I believe it.

So the real toxin is lethargy.

Regulate or ban lethargy.

Doing that would pretty much negate the ill effects of every other thing they try to regulate or ban.

Rather than pass a hundred laws covering a hundred things just pass one.

I suppose it's easier to and more profitable to regulate and restrict a product than a behavior.

Which essentially makes all regulation of this sort pointless.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They can ban their GMO and their chemical additatives. But they cannot ban our food. You can go to the corner and agree to all the dictatorship you want, create a little bubble for yourself somewhere, but we're not going to.

Sugar comes from real food. From beets and sweet things. You require it, and its up to your taste buds how much you add.

Real food, organic food, is not a problem and that includes sugar.

Do you eat their non hydrogenated chemical crap instead of real butter and real coconut oil/olive oil? They claim their frankenstein food is good for you. But your body needs the real stuff.

Your body tells you how much sugar it requires.

Did you know they have leeched so much of the soil that there is only 10% of the nutrients/minerals in it that there was 30 years ago?

You need to really build up your soil and enrich it. And take alot of nutrients/vitamins. Because your body cannabilizes itself when it can't get the essential nutrients its needs, and this creates horrible diseases.

They're trying to kill people.

All this tells me, is something I already knew, that sugar is needed for energy, and mind functioning.

That their fructose syrups are not, especially if their GMO.

But the sugar is.

By all means, anyone who wants to go in to the corner with these demons and be whipped by them and lorded over, find a little pocket somewhere to play these power tripping games.

But we're free.

I want large numbers of citizens to go through their law books and press charges for crimes against humanity.

I don't hire a law maker. I hire ears.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
They aren't scientists.

They are welfare "scientists" doing fake "science" for the sole purpose of securing more welfare grants from the federal government.

Welfare science for welfare scientists paid for by you!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

yes, exactly. thank you. we finally agree on something.
your body creates all the sugar it needs from carbs, protein and fat.
from REAL food.
NO need for the extra stuff.
It is just a ploy.
A gimmick.
An addiction.

Our food supply is contaminated.
Think not any more of sugar, just eat veggies, meat, raw milk, eggs, nuts, leaves, even aged cheese, etc.
Whole, intact foods.
Nutrient rich.
As god or the universe intended.
You will never NEED sugar again.
Your body will spot you.
And your mind will work fine.
In fact better then ever.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Sugarcane isn't real food?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

sugarcane is a real food.
off course it.
i actually ate sugarcane in its raw form many times.
it is a plant or fruit.
not that we have a need for it.
Nutrition
Raw sugar or sugar cane is healthier than refined sugar. Unrefined sugar cane contains many minerals and nutrients including phosphorus, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. Refined sugar contains harmful ingredients added during the process of refining, including phosphoric acid, sulfur dioxide and formic acid.

Pure sugar cane has 11 calories per 1 teaspoon. There are 0 fat grams and 4 carbohydrates. There are 4 grams of sugars per teaspoon.

Read more: Nutrition in Sugar Cane | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

As you can see, sugar cane fresh is has many nutrients and enzymes....Processed sugar? Nada. No nutritional value, and no need for it.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Sugarcane isn't real food?

Not according to the phony "science" conducted by the welfare "scientists". They are more interested in providing falsified data to corrupt politicians to use as "evidence" to force through their taxes and regulations than they are about scientific research.

edit on 2-2-2012 by mike_trivisonno because: Added sugar to make it sweet.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Most definitely it should be considered a toxin in high amounts. Too much sugar = diabetes, last thing anyone would want =/.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

sugarcane is a real food...not that we have a need for it.

What foods do we have a need for? I'm not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it, I'm genuinely curious as to why we should not be allowed to enjoy our food.

I don't care that cheesecake has very little nutritional value - it's amazing and I love it. All I have to do is stop myself from eating the whole thing and repeating the process the following day, for it to be of little to no harm for my body.

If some people cannot control their appetites and shovel too much food into their fat pie holes, scoffing everything and anything in front of them, I should not be penalised one of the small pleasures in life which is still yet to be completely regulated.

In conclusion, I need sugar or I'll go homicidal on the fool that tries to ban it.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hmmmm, maybe they will increase regulation on the sale of fruits and vegetables that contain sugars(most of them).

They should also regulate how much starch we eat, as out bodies convert starches to sugar before our cells use them.

Yes, please save us from nutrition.

And enjoying it!

edit on 2-2-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

reply to post by Garfee

sugarcane is a real food...not that we have a need for it.

What foods do we have a need for? I'm not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it, I'm genuinely curious as to why we should not be allowed to enjoy our food.

I don't care that cheesecake has very little nutritional value - it's amazing and I love it. All I have to do is stop myself from eating the whole thing and repeating the process the following day, for it to be of little to no harm for my body.

If some people cannot control their appetites and shovel too much food into their fat pie holes, scoffing everything and anything in front of them, I should not be penalised one of the small pleasure in life which is still yet to be completely regulated.

No, you shouldn't. I am NOT for regulation!
I am for education, that more people are aware of HOW nutrition works.
It is an ugly subject.
It is a subject that is linked with obesity and autoimmune diseases, cancer, and fatigue.
The problem is that these problems become apparent only decades latter.
Anyone may choose what they eat.
However, where problems highlighted, the companies themselves may change to provide for healthier alternatives.
The fact remains there is no biological need for sugar in and of itself.
Let me quote myself:

your body creates all the sugar it needs from carbs, protein and fat.
from REAL food.
NO need for the extra stuff.
It is just a ploy.
A gimmick.
An addiction.

Our food supply is contaminated.
Think not any more of sugar, just eat veggies, meat, raw milk, eggs, nuts, leaves, even aged cheese, etc.
Whole, intact foods.
Nutrient rich.
As god or the universe intended.
You will never NEED sugar again.
Your body will spot you.
And your mind will work fine.
In fact better then ever.

At some point in your life, you may consider a review of what you eat, for the sake of better health tomorrow.
Off course sugar is appetizing.
The problems start with the processing.
Our bodies are not built to handle this.
It is a fair point. And a message that should be spread.
Albeit, even in this day, very educated people are very attached to their diet.
Point out how physics work, they will understand.
Point out what a healthy diet is and they will become defensive.
If you are really interested in the subject, I can recommend books.
Do not take anything I say )or the books) at face value....Research all the research that is quoted, making sure it is not misrepresented.
I havent eaten sugar for years. Or salt.
I am so healthy and full of energy, that I only sleep 5 hours a day. Thats just a personal story, no need to make any assumptions on that. JUst saying, that if you perhaps try to eat what our body is supposed to eat, for a week, you may change your mind.
And no, I am not the one saying what to eat. It is laid down in 2ooooo years of evolution.
In fact don't even look at what we ate, look at what we didn't EAT.
And no this is not a pale rant, those people will soon die of heart disease and such but they do make some fine points.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

If you drink too much water, you can die. Should water be classified as a toxin and regulated by the federal government?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I have a REAL problem when the government steps in and tells me what I can or can not eat. I'm all for LESS government involvement.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

And no this is not a pale rant, those people will soon die of heart disease and such but thez do make some fine points.
reply to post by BBalazs

It is a bit pale IMO, since you can play around all you want with eating what the current fad nutritionist says is perfect for longevity, and what do you get? See many people living past age 85? What if you do get to live to be 140? You will still be just as dead as the fat blob that died from a heart attack at age 39.

People complain on this site about Christians pushing religion. The nutrition freaks telling me what I should eat, or worse yet, trying to pass legislation regarding my nutrition, are far worse IMO!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

FACT: The human body doesn't need SUGAR. It makes its own. Thank you!

Actually the body does need sugar in order to produce Adenosine Tri-phosphate to power the cell. The most easy of the sugars to break down properly is glucose.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I agree, but such an article is a good point for education on nutrition.
Anyway, the government already controls and regulates what you eat. You maybe surprised to learn.
Raw milk? Home made cheeses? Fresh organic fruits and veggies (these are regulated to the brim)? Forget about it.
Adding crap, carcinogens, toxins, food dies, plastics, sugars, brain and nerve damaging materials, etc to food! Sure boss, go for it!

NOTHING SHOULD be REGULATED!
But all information should be PUBLIC!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join